It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never seen a UFO before, until very recently.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I want to point out before I get started that a UFO IMO is exactly that, unidentified. I have never before seen any type of UFO or anything in the sky that i couldn't readily identify. It seems, that as of lately, that this is changing though. For those of you who believe aliens dont exist or are not here, thats fine of you, and your opinion is welcomed, as i dont really know what i saw nor will this thread make me feel like i know what it was to a certainty. I do believe aliens or something unexplainable is happening. I am just not sure if i have been apart of this or not.

I have had three sightings in the past 2 months, 2 of these times I was not alone.

The first i was in the Everglades national park with a friend of mine, about 3 weeks ago on a saturday. We are both amateur astronomers for hobby purposes. My buddy was setting up the telescope using the star finder to align to Polaris, i was standing nearby looking in the direction of the north star. All of a sudden he informs me to look through the star finder quickly. He refused to say anything about what i was to be looking at, but i noticed rather quickly. A little backstory about our location, it is a place astronomers call Area 51 and is on a service road/road to the indian reservation off of the Alligator Expressway here in Florida. Planes pass ALL the time. On any night we are out there we see at least 50. It is almost needless to say we have seen enough planes in our time there to know the difference. What we saw was no plane. The next rational, is a satellite. I have seen (in the darkness of the glades) satellites with the naked eye. The object of this night could not be seen with the naked eye and needed a 20x zoom in order to see the object moving under polaris. The third rational, and it really could be this, is the ISS (unless you cant see the ISS with a t-scope).

The next event was on friday march 11th. There was a NASA delta 4 launch that i saw, awesome sight. Later that night I am driving to Lake Worth, FL (Palm Beach County) for a family visit. Driving down Lantana Blvd, i see in the sky something that is 2 lights side by side, connected and sort of similar to ••. They were alternating in output. I will be fair and say that i had no idea what this was, but there was no sound of a plane, nor was this object moving. I know it wasn't moving (at least very fast) because i watched it for a good 30 seconds before i caught up to it. We even drove under it near Congress Blvd intersection. I wonder, even still if it is one of those police probes i hear about every so often, because it doesn't fit the description of any known UFO i have heard of. After passing it, i could vaguely see it in my mirror, I was putting more focus into my driving to be honest. Eventually as i continued to drive it fell out of view.

The third and longest sighting was last night March 14th. Went over to my girlfriends house for dinner with her family, and we had a nice time (Coral Springs, FL). Lots of laughs and some great conversation. Before dinner though everyone needed cigarettes and we needed some beverages (Pepsi was the choice). We walk out of the front door to see a bright red object about the size (appearance) of a star. I notice immediately but do not say anything and resort to trying to rationalize it within my head before jumping to conclusions. My girlfriend (who is pretty mainstream news), then notices and asks me what it is, i wasn't sure so i said IDK. We ignore it while walking to the car, but i keep thinking about it and looking at it. We get in my car (Facing west) and I make it a point to look up through my windshield and look at it for a bit. After a 45 second period another object fades into view. Looks the same. This second object sticks around for a good 2 minutes as we sit in my car, and question what it could be. The second then fades out of view before the first, which follows suit after 30 seconds or so. I only had my Nexus 1 cell phone with me and the pictures weren't picking up enough light.

So i already know that everyone here will take this with a grain of salt, even i do. I also understand lack of evidence will be the downfall of this thread (if it even gets noticed). The purpose of this thread was not to claim anything, just to explain in detail the recent events i have been seeing.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just wanted to comment and say that I'm like minded and I also used to live in Florida. With all of my study on UFO phenomena I'm very skeptical about most stories I hear. But I will let you know one thing... I too have seen strange things in the night sky recently withing the past year and I've noticed a boom of ufo posts all over the internet. Ufo's are becoming a very frequent sighting in the night sky.

My first recent sighting is something that I can't believe almost as being typed down. Just like the previous post I can not explain this in any way I just know what I saw... You guys remember what a shooting star looks like? Looking up in the sky at an opportuned moment to see a streak of light fly in and back out of the atmosphere? Well one night me and a roommate were outside smoking a cigarette and talking to each other when I make a random look up to the stars and I heard a noise. Kind of like hissing. I look quickly to the right just above where my roof starts on my house.As I look over I see an unending smoke trail and what looks like a huge ball of fire. hissing past the view behind my house. As far as size goes you could take a dime and hold it towards the sky and compared to the stars this was about how big it looked. I can't explain it so I am writing about it here. I don't think it was a plane crashing or space debris. Looked like something out of a meteor destroying planet movie.
I'm not putting it past that it could have been field exorcises for a nearby military base, but it was highly unusual that I didn't hear any boom off in the distance if they were practicing shooting drones down.

The other sighting was about 6 days ago. Another friend and I were smoking outside his house when he noticed something moving in the sky. Have any of you ever looked at the stars and some of them you couldn't see unless you looked at them with your peripheral vision? You know like you have to look out into black space to barely be able to see it just below your centered vision. That how this thing was and there were 3 total that we observed. The first one was the one I personally saw. It was as star not a prominent as the ones that dominate the sky. We wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't have started moving. so it moved over to the right a little bit then flashed. Just like it's brightness pulsed really bright, just once. and then started moving in a zig zag pattern. Here I could imagine space debris or a satellite turning in a was to reflect the sun and mimic the pulse of light but the movement pattern I wouldn't know how to explain because I'm not an aero-space engineer or pilot. I'm merely stating what I saw and leaving it up to you guys.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Glad to see more of these posts and more people are seeing them as well. I can say I have seen at least seven, two when i was younger and five in this year alone. They are definitely making themselves known to a lot of people, just letting us know that were not in this on our own. I believe if nuclear war would break out, they may intervene, not because they want to save us so much, but just to protect the planet mostly, and it wouldn't be the civilians fault anyway, we wouldn't have pushed the button.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, let me describe a few I have seen.

The first was when i was about 12 at a Nascar event in Richmond, Va. It was late after the race and everyone was tailgating, because they couldn't drive of course, and I was young so I wasnt drinking and laughing, so i did what every bored child with no other alternative for immediate entertainment would do, stare at the night sky. IDK how long i was looking at it until i noticed, but it was a white orb that was moving very slowly at about 700ft over top of the crowd. At first it was a plane as usual, then it became a blimp, then finally people started freaking out a bit cause it was moving at fast speeds in zig zags, almost like a pinball in the sky. Then it disappeared. My mother, father, and younger brother saw it, and several drunk tailgaters around us noticed it.

The second was when i was 18 years of age and this was a crazy incident, that scared the crap out of me. My friends, brother, and I were chilling out by the shipyard, which has a lot of woods to traverse thru to get to our destination, and we were blazin some trees and sippin on the water of fire for a while but didnt get to out there because we had a long way to go back. Anyway, on the Epic trail we headed back to our wenches for dinner and we saw what looked like a plane at a low enough altitude to make sound, but it had no sound. It was blinking red, yellow, and white so we second guessed, helicopter. Still doesnt make sense, no noise. So at this point our minds as a collective said something isnt right about this and watched it. We were watching it for no longer than 15 seconds before it slowed its momentum and and began to turn around! Being that we had consumed so many liquid spirits our fear had risen rather quickly and we fled from the object because we believe it noticed us and it may have taken somone if we had not of run away. Man my heart is racing just thinking about it.

The most recent one, lucky No. 7, was two nights ago(21 yrs old). I was getting ready for sleep and every night now, just kinda started, i pray at the window seal, and i sky-gaze for a little while, meditating of sorts. I noticed a star, the only star in the sky (PS, it was a clear night last night with no stars in the sky, normal? or have i missed something?) and it was bright, very bright. I watched it for a while, it didnt seem to move so i just figured it was an ordinary star, but when i closed my eyes for a short prayer before sleep, it disappeared. I opened my eyes after a 10 sec prayer and it was gone! I looked everywhere in the sky, nothing.

What exciting, yet horrible times we live in.
Prayers and peace to all.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

In your first account, in the Everglades, you failed to mention what it is that you saw...

Just a light in the sky? Some movement?...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012
...we were blazin some trees and sippin on the water of fire for a while but didnt get to out there because we had a long way to go back...

. Anyway, on the Epic trail we headed back to our wenches for dinner and ....

... we had consumed so many liquid spirits our fear had risen rather quickly

Hard to take seriously anyone that uses the word "wenches"...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

In your first account, in the Everglades, you failed to mention what it is that you saw...

Just a light in the sky? Some movement?...

Sorry about that, it was a object moving from left to right on our star finder that was aimed at Polaris. It looked to be a dim star moving slowly (i use the word slowly because we were using a 20x star-finder and it was in the field of view for enough time for both of us too view it twice.)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

There are lots of satellites up there, and for every one you see with your own (naked) eyes, there are probably 2 or 3 more that are too dim to see with the naked eye, even in the least light polluted skies. I know this from my own experience, since I observe meteors/meteor showers naked eye, at the same time as I photograph the sky, and there are always many more satellites that I did not see when I go through my exposures later on.

Satellites are captured very easily with a tripod mounted camera with a good fast/wide lens, since they move relatively slowly through the sky - even the dim ones you can't see, so you can test this out for yourself quite easily if you have access to a DSLR and tripod.

The second incident you describe might have been a high altitude aircraft. Sometimes you can't hear any sound.

The third sounds like a pair of chinese lanterns. The time frame certainly fits, as they usually burn out after 2-3 minutes.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.

There are lots of satellites up there, and for every one you see with your own (naked) eyes, there are probably 2 or 3 more that are too dim to see with the naked eye, even in the least light polluted skies. I know this from my own experience, since I observe meteors/meteor showers naked eye, at the same time as I photograph the sky, and there are always many more satellites that I did not see when I go through my exposures later on.

Satellites are captured very easily with a tripod mounted camera with a good fast/wide lens, since they move relatively slowly through the sky - even the dim ones you can't see, so you can test this out for yourself quite easily if you have access to a DSLR and tripod.

The second incident you describe might have been a high altitude aircraft. Sometimes you can't hear any sound.

The third sounds like a pair of chinese lanterns. The time frame certainly fits, as they usually burn out after 2-3 minutes.

while you may be correct, i did not get that feeling while seeing them. The first is most likely a satellite or something easily explained. although it didnt seem like it.

the second was def not a plane. last i checked planes are not stationary so that a car moving at 45mph can catch up and pass it. and while at a red light it wasn't moving in the opposite direction of me. i did give some possible explanations though in my OP.

The third,could possibly be Chinese lanterns, i have let off some before though and it seemed different. The second all faded out into nothingness before the original began to fade (doesnt prove or disprove anything). Also i cant imagine why people would be releasing these laterns on a Monday late at night. another thing to consider is that a chinese lantern would be lit as it rises from hot air. the second object appered in mid air instead of rising from the horizon.

As i said in my op though, im not trying to make any claims, nor am i searching for a certain answer. Just sharing my experiences.
edit on 15-3-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
OMG i just saw a fast moving blinking star around 1:00AM in the morning GMT+ 8:00 JUST NOW! here in the Philippines moving from North West to the South East from the top of our building, just right after i have finished watching 2012 movie on HBO.. i was just about to go to sleep and i looked outside the windows looking to the west, i was looknig at the moon with the clouds and all, and saw a Still star blinking steadily with kinda redish and blue color, and then ANOTHER one just comes by from north west to south east "FAST" with a slight Zig-Zag movement also colored redish blue and everytime it moves it blinks with slighly zig-zag moves.. and the problem is im the only one that saw it because my mom, dad and my brother was already sleeping... and im totally sure its not a plane, it passed by just took 2 mins and it was already over the other side of south east, and i have saw Planes and Jet Planes that cross from north west side to south east side at about 10 mins, but this Blinking "STAR" move from North West to South East Side in just about 2 minutes! it passed over the clouds and it was gone.. on the East Side already.... ive never seen a plane that crossed the sky that FAST! After i saw it i just typed "just saw a Star moving fast in a zigzag pattern" on google, and got to this forum, and i registered just for the sake of reporting this!! I SWEAR TO GOD this aint nothing like a plane! and im 24 Yrs old , i never actually believed in UFO's until i saw it with my own EYES! could anyone from the US identify this Unidentified Flying Object? This was my first time to actually Encounter and saw it! bcoz most of the times i look at the sky its cloudy, or even not noticing it because im doing alot of things, but this time... it was really weird to see such thing! (and no, i am not on any drugs, i dont drink, and hell i dont even smoke)

top topics

join