It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to our moon saturday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
hey guys,
i have been reading numerous posts about people saying they are excited/nervous to see the moon this saturday? what is going on can someone explain to me

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
An external Link here.It'll be a supermoon-a very large full moon-it's at it's closest.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The Astrologers are excited
as the moon is going to be Full, Close, and in opposition to the Sun.

wikipedia/ super_moon

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbones

March 19 the moon will be closest to the planet throughout the whole year. March 21 is an Equinox meaning the earth will be tilted neither furthest from the sun or closest to the sun. If you live in Northern Hemisphere you will be about to be leaning towards the sun.( get ready for summer) The reason that everyone is going all crazy over the moon is that the moon places tidal forces on the planet which may or may not cause things like the ground to shake. The New Zeeland Earthquake happened near a full moon and it opened up a lot of eyes as to the moon with our unstable ground.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
oh so some people are speculating another earthquake or such?
edit on 15-3-2011 by Jbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jbones
oh so some people are speculating another earthquake or such?

Did you read any of the links given?
Where it discusses the tenuous link with disasters.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
yes i scrolled through them a bit. i guess we will just wait and see

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I predict it will rise and set.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i predict the normal occurances that come with a supermoon, i.e moon closer to earth, stronger tides etc. nothing big. maybe an earthquake or a volcanic eruption iminent though

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'll tell you what I told my girlfriend this morning when she dragged herself out of bed...
"The full moon appears bigger than usual making the craters so much easier to see!"
Depending on her mood tonight, it could well be and ex girlfriend!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hate to say it but it is what it is.

The moon is at it's closest in an 18yr cycle of orbits.

Gravity doing what it doe's this will place extra stresses on the Earth's crust and possibly some extreme tides.

How great the effect is depends on the alignment of the Sun and the moon relative to Earth.

As well as gravitational effects there are energetics and resonances.

We're about to find out aren't we.

Either nothing will happen or California will disappear into the Pacific, Yellowstone will erupt and the Canary Islands will explode and cause a massive Tsunami across the Atlantic.

Cosmic...

I forgot to add the Comet and Asteroid collisions, oh and the mass insanity WW3 nuke-off !!

edit on 15-3-2011 by Cosmic4life because: Look into my eye's , you are feeling sleepy.....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
CONFIRMED !!!! WE HAVE CONFIRMED REPORTS THAT YELLOWSTONE WILL ERUPT AND CAUSE GLOBAL PANDEMICS WHEN THE MOON REACHES THE CLOSEST POINT TO EARTH

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I went through one of these 36 years ago and again 18 years latter -- TA DA -- still here. Might even live through one more in another 18 years, maybe. but that would be pushing the envelope.. Basically though if you've seen one you've seen them all.

new topics

top topics

join