It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has the US Dpt of Health purchased 144 million doses of Thyroshield? (Nuclear protection pills)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I need to ask a question even though it might sound stupid,can consuming lots of iodinze salt help in case if radiation poisoning,also heard that betadine and stuff like that would help,

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I understand some of you did question on date of purchase by government organizations. I did give it a look at some respective online sellers are lacking in stock with those pills due to recent large orders and many of them are back order until March 24th or later. They didn't tell me who buying them, but situation in Japan has alert people to buying them in recently days that push online sellers to alert us that the pills will be back order for time being.

I think either people are panic or prepare for possible nuclear fallout in America. However, I like one person claim that people are buying them for Japanese. If so, then it's very nice of them.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
I need to ask a question even though it might sound stupid,can consuming lots of iodinze salt help in case if radiation poisoning,also heard that betadine and stuff like that would help,

From what I've heard, no you can't. I guess the amount of salt you would have to eat to get enough iodine would kill you.

But I've also heard people say that you could eat Kale.

A little disclaimer though, this is all information I have picked up in other ATS threads...I can't vouch for the credibility of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I hear you and honestly...thanks for your input. And you could quite possibly be correct. However, the web site that gives this information is OUT of the ThyroShield. Because I tried to buy them myself. They are not out of the IODINE tablets. Which tells me that the 144 million were purchased recently. If they were being purchased randomly...I would think they would have them in stock, both of them. Because they would have had time to re-stock after the purchase.

I also believe there is something to the marketing perspective. I just thought it was worth a thread and I still feel it is a odd. Sorry, but I do. Specifically the POST OFFICE and that there are no "amounts" for US Homeland Security. Army and Navy is a little more understandable, but why not US Homeland Security?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Oh, and by the way....that is just ONE Company...how do we know they didn't buy from several??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

I imagine the USPS will be delivering those pills door to door if TSHTF,

I see nothing strange about that.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
sounds like the us government just trying to protect its people imo, doesnt sound odd as theyshould always be prepared for a worst case scenario.

Unfortunately, they are not trying to protect ALL of the people in the US.....The US has 310 Million people. 150 Million pills + what the military will use?? Maybe 200 Million?? That's alot of people to lose!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

Its out of stock every where i checked, on the internet, but those instock run 9.99 on up, per 14 tabs, the danger is REAL

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

GOOD Question, iodine might not be high in real or processed salt

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Radioactive Iodine found in Glasgow, Scotland, from the Japan Nuclear Power Plant Accident:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Started this thread an hour ago and my personal opinion is that the nuclear accident is being down played as Glasgow is on the other side of the world, yet they have detected it here?
Might be the reason for the sudden buying in of these tablets?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
They have purchased so much because all the radiation that has floated over the united states will end up in the food supply. Government employees do not want to eat food that could potentially destroy their thyroid without being adequately protected. While they are telling the people all is well, nothing is harmful in the air, they are preparing for what they know will happen. From Washington state, to the fields of Mexico our food will have so dangerously high levels of radioactive isotopes.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yet the EPA says there is no threat on levels(small amount of tests done) detected in air, water and milk. What kind of conclusion does that lead to... they are preparing a US nuclear disaster?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

Those two supplements are basically high dose iodine for prevention of thyroid cancer following a high dose of acute radiation poisoning . They are to be taken if and only if a catastrophe like fukushima or a nuclear weapon explosion were to occur. There is a product I saw at www.radioactivesky.com that is designed to possibly protect against the low dose, chronic effects like Fukushima. It has a lower dose of Iodine that can be used daily to slowly build up Iodine stores. (Not designed for sudden high dose exposure like Iostat). It also has Vit D, antioxidants, seaweed and liver cleansers. Might not be a bad idea to take it once a day starting now, rather than trying to play catch up. To date, there really is nothing else to protect us....otherwise we are all gonna be screwed by Fukushima as the radioisotopes build up in the food chain, air and water. Turns out that even one molecule inhaled or eaten can do enough damage that in 5-20 years, a cancer will form. Anyway...check it out...i ordered some www. radioactivesky.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join