It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has the US Dpt of Health purchased 144 million doses of Thyroshield? (Nuclear protection pills)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
WOW!!!! I was shocked with these stats:

I live in Southern California and went on line to find some nuclear protection stuff from possible contamination of the fallout from the nuclear plants in Japan....and I ran into this.....

Purchasers of IOSAT:
US Postal Service - 1.6 million tablet
Center for Disease Control - 2 million+ tablets
Defense Intelligence Agency - 50,000 - tablets
US Department of Homeland Security - (blank)
US Navy and US Army - (blank)

Purchasers of ThyroShield
US Department of Health and Human Services - 144 million tablets
US Department of Homeland Security - (blank)

Link below:

www.nukepills.com...

What a shock!! Figures!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

Wow, very interesting.....S&F for this great find! What i'm left wondering is, is there any sort of time frame on when these were purchased??? I couldn't find one myself but that would be the key piece of information in determining how serious a threat they think this is.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

An the government performs a jedi mind wave and says, "These are not the radiation levels you are looking for".

S+F for providing news that I can't find anywhere else.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Apparently it was part of Project BioShield.

By saturating the thyroid glans with potassium iodide, ThyroShield prevents
radioactive iodine from being absorbed by the thyroid gland. The product will be
available to families through their local pharmacist or online. It is also supplied to
the 31 states with commercial nuclear plants through the Nuclear
Regulatory Commission's Program to supply potassium iodide within the 10-mile
Emergency Planning Zone and a part of the Department of Health and Human
Service's Project BioShield

www.heyltex.com...

georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov...

edit on 3-15-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
first off,this is my first post,long time lurker ( but afcourse)

english isnt my native tongue ,so excuse me for my grammar.
Oh i live in europe btw.

but these recent events are verry strange,not to mention a post not so long ago about the movement of all them tanks on the rails ( well not thanks but aid tanks)

makes you think eh.

Cyan

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
sounds like the us government just trying to protect its people imo, doesnt sound odd as theyshould always be prepared for a worst case scenario.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
sounds like the us government just trying to protect its people imo, doesnt sound odd as theyshould always be prepared for a worst case scenario.

OK I hear you....but 144 million???? Thats crazy. It took me quite a while to find any of these pills on line....they are all SOLD OUT. I just think that is strange!!

Oh, in addition to that HOMELAND SECURITY is BLANK?????? Hummmmmmm
edit on 15-3-2011 by Angelicdefender2012 because: (no reason given)

link   
Is it possible that the government might be purchasing these pills with the intent to provide aid to the stricken people of Japan?

Just sayin'

link   
i called everywhere yesterday, them pills are SOLD THE [snip] OUT.

i also heard most of the orders went to the EAST COAST.....

*slams head into wall*

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Maybe someone realised they weren't prepared for something like this happening and decided to be ready just in case

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You guys need to realize that just because they purchased them, doesn't mean they purchased them RECENTLY.

Some of you are acting like they just went out yesterday to buy up all the stock. I would fully expect for the government to have stocks of these pills...it would be irresponsible for them not to.

So you might think, well why is the website showing that they purchased them....because they are trying to SELL them. And if you see that the government is stocking up on them...then you will want to stock up on them too.

Marketing...not Conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
You guys need to realize that just because they purchased them, doesn't mean they purchased them RECENTLY.

Some of you are acting like they just went out yesterday to buy up all the stock. I would fully expect for the government to have stocks of these pills...it would be irresponsible for them not to.

So you might think, well why is the website showing that they purchased them....because they are trying to SELL them. And if you see that the government is stocking up on them...then you will want to stock up on them too.

Marketing...not Conspiracy.

Why so many?
Why didn't they show HOW MANY FEMA bought? or the US NAVY and ARMY?
and the POST OFFICE??????
You don't think this is strange??

Okay....lets say they are "PREPARED".....for what???
And why aren't they telling the people to do the same???
edit on 15-3-2011 by Angelicdefender2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Why would the post office by buying them ?? Do citizens in the US still expect their post to be delivered if the States are covered with radiation!?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Why so many?
Why didn't they show HOW MANY FEMA bought? or the US NAVY and ARMY?
and the POST OFFICE??????
You don't think this is strange??

Why so many? There are a lot of people in the United States...and these are doses...if those are broken out to a week supply...that will only cover 20 million people. 2 weeks 10 million. 1 month about 5 million. Let's see...what's the population of the New York metropolitan area....around 20 million people. I don't think that is too many doses at all...it seems just about right to cover the United States largest density area...which is what they would plan for.

I have no idea why they didn't show all the numbers, maybe they didn't purchase enough for it to be good marketing...maybe those agencies wouldn't allow them to disclose it. Many possibilities.

I don't think the government taken responsible steps to protect against potential disasters is strange at all.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Maybe because Japans nuclear reactors
are experiencing a TOTAL MELTDOWN.
Spewing radioactive particles high into the
atmosphere which are 1000x more
than anyone would see in a day!!!!

TIME TO EVACUATE TOKYO!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Why has the government purchased bullets?! Clearly they want to just shoot US with them!

Or maybe the government keeps stock of things like this, because they know theres a chance things like this could happen.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sound like just enough for 1/5th the American public. Thats sure not for everyone, or even 1/4 of the population.
(1 American city alone has 6.5 MILLION people in one city)

link   
great op. some wonder if the purchases are direct correlation to the Japan event. some wonder if purchases could have been made much earlier as some contingency plan. and some wonder if purchases are for the Japanese relief effort. all those choices are plausible and are not necessarily exclusive to each other. i would simply ask if there are any postoffice workers here on ats that would advise us if they were given iodine tablets.

link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
Why would the post office by buying them ?? Do citizens in the US still expect their post to be delivered if the States are covered with radiation!?

I can only speculate...but where do post men work? Outside...walking (or driving)...every single day. If a disaster happens anywhere during the day...they will most likely be outside at the time of the event.

Like I said, speculation...but I do think postal service is considered an essential service to national security still...maybe not, but would make sense to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That will be given to all the people who are part of the government and to those who can afford it. Why do you think the US is fining people who dont have health insurance?...because they want to prepare for something horrible that will come opon us....but of coarse they will not tell us until 25% of the US population dies because of this sickness what will spread quickly....that will be too late. wayyy to late

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join