It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am over 2012!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Last night I went to bed thinking tomorrow could be devastating. I woke up and nothing. Although, I send regards to those in Japan and pray for those still trapped or who have perished. We sit here on ATS on a scavenger hunt to look for the next clue or prediction to when the world will end. I am tired of looking crazy to people and telling them that there is going to be a massive quake at the New Madrid Fault line and FEMA knows or that Yellowstone is going to explode, eventually. Now we are all worrying about the SUPERMOON on Saturday. Really, I think nothing will happen but some great photos. If there is flooding, well that just goes with the tides. I once heard don't live by a river, ocean, or bay and not expect a chance of flooding. I'm tired of the shock from people that a river swelled and a flash flood happened, WOW that is not news, thats mother nature.

I will always be a paranoid person and wonder when the world will breathe its last breathe, but I find it to be a fat chance it will happen in this generation or the next. If you want propaganda to believe in, the only one I'd be frightened of are giant asteroids. I live by the Atlantic Ocean, I accept my fate if a Tsunami or massive flooding occurs what can I do, nothing. I'm not about to pack up my 3 kids and husband to move to the middle of nowhere for a hunch. And if it does happen, "the end of the world", I sure dont want to survive. If you survive you have to worry about starvation, gangs, shelter, crops, and being basically in the middle ages. No healthcare, police, running water, electricity, etc...

I say all this with confidence that life will continue to be as boring as it always has, we will still have to get up and work at a drone workplace, fights with the in-laws, pay bills, and finally when you have enough time, sleep. Sorry 2012 believers, but this one I'm giving up on. Too much to worry about, and I am missing precious time thinking about it all. Is anyone else feeling this way??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83
Last night I went to bed thinking tomorrow could be devastating. I woke up and nothing.

Nothing...? I too just woke up today and it has only gotten worse for Japan!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Sorry this sounds very forward, but what does today have to do with 2012?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Last night I went to bed thinking tomorrow could be devastating. I woke up and nothing.

Nothing...? I too just woke up today and it has only gotten worse for Japan!

Indeed... Plus it's all starting to look like it just might have some global implications, as well.

OP, it seems you're having people on with a thread post like that. Seems to me you're either really fglaky and someone I'd not trust with info to begin with, or you never believed it to begin with and are using a creative post to point and have a laugh at those who do believe.

Besides, far as I can tell, it's still the 15th around the planet

(BTW: I've never followed the whole march 15th thing, myself, and, frankly, have no clue how it even relates to the 2012 issues, to begin with)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread. All there is out there is doom and gloom. If it ends it ends. We cant stop it

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by karileigh77
Thank you for this thread. All there is out there is doom and gloom. If it ends it ends. We cant stop it

Even edgar cayce said we could change his predictions.....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Did Edgar say how?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

Welcome to the real world. Sh!t happens all the time, as it is now, but everyone likes to place more meaning on these events than there is, especially as we approach 2012. Anyone who tells you they can predict the future is either a charlatan or crazy. Sh!t will continue to happen as it always has in the past - the world could end tomorrow or 100,0000 years from now, but it will never have anything to do with any prediction or prophecy.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Last night I went to bed thinking tomorrow could be devastating. I woke up and nothing. Although, I send regards to those in Japan and pray for those still trapped or who have perished. We sit here on ATS on a scavenger hunt to look for the next clue or prediction to when the world will end. I am tired of looking crazy to people and telling them that there is going to be a massive quake at the New Madrid Fault line and FEMA knows or that Yellowstone is going to explode, eventually. Now we are all worrying about the SUPERMOON on Saturday. Really, I think nothing will happen but some great photos. If there is flooding, well that just goes with the tides. I once heard don't live by a river, ocean, or bay and not expect a chance of flooding. I'm tired of the shock from people that a river swelled and a flash flood happened, WOW that is not news, thats mother nature.

I will always be a paranoid person and wonder when the world will breathe its last breathe, but I find it to be a fat chance it will happen in this generation or the next. If you want propaganda to believe in, the only one I'd be frightened of are giant asteroids. I live by the Atlantic Ocean, I accept my fate if a Tsunami or massive flooding occurs what can I do, nothing. I'm not about to pack up my 3 kids and husband to move to the middle of nowhere for a hunch. And if it does happen, "the end of the world", I sure dont want to survive. If you survive you have to worry about starvation, gangs, shelter, crops, and being basically in the middle ages. No healthcare, police, running water, electricity, etc...

I say all this with confidence that life will continue to be as boring as it always has, we will still have to get up and work at a drone workplace, fights with the in-laws, pay bills, and finally when you have enough time, sleep. Sorry 2012 believers, but this one I'm giving up on. Too much to worry about, and I am missing precious time thinking about it all. Is anyone else feeling this way??

You are worrying too much because you let fear take over you. Not everyone thinks that 2012 is the end of the world and everyone will die. There are also a lot of people who think that 2012 is the year that we enter earth's Golden Age. Genuinely let go of your fear and observe where circumstances will take you.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

thats a good cop out - to avoid admitting he was wrong

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Be calm and realize that if and when something of that type of magnitude happens there would be really nothing that can be done except experience and participate. I do believe something will happen on 2012, as to what I'm not sure, but I would like to think that even if it's something that wipes 50% or more of the population, ultimately it would be a new paradigm in the chapter of human existence. I believe there is a reason for the chaos and the breaking down of systems. I think at this moment in time it's best to work on yourself, to make yourself stronger that way when SHTF others will benefit from your strength. We all want to scream at the top of our lungs to let the world know, the problem is none of us truly knows what is to come. And that's our error I think, trying to save others when we ourselves aren't strong/focused enough to save even ourselves let alone others.

My adivce to you is (personal opinion of course), don't set real long term goals (5 years plus), read up on basic survival, learn how to plant some food and filter water, appreciate those around you in your life, don't put so much power into whatever possessions that you have (lighten your load), realize that your job doesn't own you, realize that government is not going to save you (or anything like Aliens/God/Jesus etc..), train your mind, body and spirit, eat better, and love the present. Everything will sort it's self out, and we'll know soon enough all the questions that has plagued mankind for thousands of years including matters pertaining to philosophical and spiritual/religious. Just my opinion of course, ultimately it's your choice how you want to live your life.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The realization that 2012 is a hoax is the first step in moving forward. After 2012 there will be other hoaxes to consider and disregard. There were:

2000 - Y2K
2000 - The millennium issues
2000 - the planetary alignment
2001 - the millennium occurs this year
2003 - Mars was close
2007 - I forget
2011 - Calleman's claims
2012 - the roll your own event with thousands of claims
2013 - the calendar must be off 2012 claims
2014 - still must be off claims
2015 - it's going to take some time for 2012 to be realized claims
2021 - someone reversed the last 2 digits claim
2029 - asteroid
2036 - same asteroid

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
"thats mother nature" - OP

Does the 3 reactors that continuously blow up in Japan are Mother Nature's creation. Humans have gone too far. Humans need to awaken. Humans aren't.

Trust me things will change drastically when the radiations will reach the US. And don't get me wrong, an earthquake on the New Madrid Fault is imminent, that's not even fear-mongering. Just stating facts...

However, I don't hope it will happen.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The realization that 2012 is a hoax is the first step in moving forward. After 2012 there will be other hoaxes to consider and disregard. There were:

2000 - Y2K
2000 - The millennium issues
2000 - the planetary alignment
2001 - the millennium occurs this year
2003 - Mars was close
2007 - I forget
2011 - Calleman's claims
2012 - the roll your own event with thousands of claims
2013 - the calendar must be off 2012 claims
2014 - still must be off claims
2015 - it's going to take some time for 2012 to be realized claims
2021 - someone reversed the last 2 digits claim
2029 - asteroid
2036 - same asteroid

Mars was close...was this really an end of the world theory? I hope not, I wasn't aware of conspiracies and such back then.

2029 is of real scientific concern though, but I guess we will be able to destroy that asteroid with the future technologies.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Mars was close...was this really an end of the world theory? I hope not, I wasn't aware of conspiracies and such back then.

I remember people saying that Mars was going to "wrench the guts out of the Earth." I was listening to a well rehearsed speech from someone as I watched Mars rise over the St Lawrence casting a long red line over the waters as minke whales put on an evening show. It was quite spectacular to watch and the story was really interesting. The person telling me the story had left one of the big cities to head to the wilds of Canada to ride out the destruction that Mars was going to cause.

2029 is of real scientific concern though, but I guess we will be able to destroy that asteroid with the future technologies.

I am definitely interested in watching that event.

I was thinking about Japan today and thought about how tsunamis set off by Krakatoa wiped out tens of thousands of people when it erupted. The destructive power of natural events is hard to comprehend.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oh well...that's embarrassing, and ridiculous. I hope the guy you're talking about was a fear-mongering troll...I hope...

And about the Japan earthquake, I fear this is only the beginning. Did you read TrueAmerican's thread about the probable impending MASSIVE quake? Go read it, you will be amazed! The quakes and aftershocks are heading south, right on a triple tectonic plate junction. If it reaches the junction, it could unleash one of the deadliest quake ever, as it is right next to Tokyo.

I'm afraid that in 1-2-3 days the initial quake will look like an amateur one compared to what might be incoming. Your input on that?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad you're over it.

But in case you haven't noticed, oh non-observant one, 2012 is happening right now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The problem here is that us humans are just too high above the curve for our own good, we decipher time into nano seconds nowadays and everything has to be done in less than a blink of an eye. We as a species have put ourselves above nature and the natural world, we believe we can control our world until nature offers to digress.

Our society for the most of it have put values on most things such as how much you can earn and what price the trinkets of life you can afford...........nature thinks in a most different way and the right way, are you suitable to remain here as part of the world or are you a parasite that needs getting rid of..........I think at the population the world is now we are a parasite to nature.

Wolfie

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I hope the guy you're talking about was a fear-mongering troll...I hope...

The Mars guy was serious. He was repeating what he had heard from Art Bell and others.

There are too many assumptions being made about the quake at the triple junction. I really do not see anything posted that suggests this is of interest. What about the small quake away form the plate boundaries?

An important issue to understand is that small quakes do not release the pressure. The energy from the single large quake is larger than all of the energies from the other quakes combined. Some of these other quakes would be newsworthy if they were the main ones, but due to the terrific blow suffered by the quake and tsunami these quakes do not make the news.

Take a look at the quakes in question. The color coding shows that the quakes under Japan are deep. the subducted plate is pushed down and Japan rides over the pushed down Pacific plate.

I didn't too far through the thread, but I don't see anything the relates quakes to triple junctions. It is just more of the realization that Japan is prone to strong quakes. I did find it interesting that people thought Japan could be evacuated to Utah. That would move them over the Wasatch fault.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I can't believe i half beLIEved the lie about march 15 total BS now i can get on with my life and more importantly my sanity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join