It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush 9-11-01, Obama 3-14-11: The Classroom Photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Maybe he is advising the children.....when you grow up, don't live near the sea.

For millions of years civilizations have faced the same problem.......and what do they do? Start all over again and then build nuclear powerstations! That's without killing the poor Whales and Dolphins for their anatomy and because they can!
Your Parents want the truth about Aliens?............me thinks not!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
I know he isnt superman... but I think it undermines and almost mocks the seriousness of the current unfolding disaster. Radiation, Tsunami, and Now the cold threatening the People of Japan. I think he should be making a greater show of leadership in coordinating US military and radiological experts to try to help. Yes some ships are there and a handful of experts but comeon....

But again this thread is more for the ridiculousness of the lack of political savvy on behalf of whoever chose to run that photo of yesterday, right now today on the front page.

If it were me I would have a photo of him on the phone with the Prez of Japan, or talking to a General about relief plans, or something. Other than happy time in a comfy classroom.

Is this going to turn out like Katrina where the Leadership of the USA dont really seem to get a grasp on the enormity of the current situation until a few days to late?

Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off in a crisis is foolish and just causes more damage in the long run. What else is he supposed to do but go on with his normal day? Sit in the oval office for hours on end just to keep hearing the same updates that we are? He's doing what he should be doing, basically saying that even in crisis we keep our cool.

If you'll notice what I said. There is nothing that he CAN do. We have no idea what kind of legislation is being drawn up for aid for Japan and what to do about the middle east about to blow. The funny thing about a democracy/republic is that it takes time for actions to happen. We can't expect to have checks and balances and also be able to react immediately.

In fact us sending over experts almost day of is surprisingly fast, and now we're evacuating according to some other threads, and I can guarantee that if we're bugging out then we'll be taking as many as we can with us.

Criticising Pres. Obama for going to a school and talking to the kids who are gonna be dealing with this whole mess a whole lot longer than we will is not bad presidency.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Awolscout because: Because I felt like it thats why.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wow, what's with all of the dissing of Obama for going about his regularly scheduled life? Seriously, what is he suppose to do, catch a flight to Japan, roll up his sleeves and do rescue work?

He has already made it clear that the US will help Japan in any way they request. What more do you folks want from him? To break down and cry like John Boehner? You want him to sit glued to his TV and internet sifting through the disinformation to get the facts? I can guarantee you he is doing everything within his capacity to assist in the situation, and he is certainly better informed than us, but I suppose it's never going to be enough for some of you.

This is nothing more than another pathetic attempt to take a shot at disparaging Obama.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Totally agree Aggie Man!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Then you've got Bush, reading a book upside down,

Feel free to attempt to prove the book was upside-down .

Then , I will prove that it was not . AGAIN .

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout

Criticising Pres. Obama for going to a school and talking to the kids who are gonna be dealing with this whole mess a whole lot longer than we will is not bad presidency.

Again this is not a thread about criticizing Obama. In fact, personally I dont have a problem at all with him doing other things rather than deal with Japan 24/7 right now. I understand he is the Prez and has many other things on his schedule. In fact this school event was surely scheduled long ago.

WHAT I am criticizing is the use of that photo. The similarities are obvious! Poor politics by whoever let in run, WHICH IS NOT Obama's decision, therefore I am not criticizing him.

When I saw that photo of Obama I instantly thought of the Bush Goat photo. Were we not at a time of Major disaster I most likely would not have felt that way about the photo. ALSO.... I did not go 'hunting' for this photo. It is FRONT PAGE White House web-site right now. I went there looking for new news about the Japan Crisis.

edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: clarity

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awolscout

Again this is not a thread about criticizing Obama. In fact, personally I dont have a problem doing other things other than deal with Japan 24/7 right now. I understand he is the Prez and has many other things on his schedule. In fact this school event was surely scheduled long ago.

WHAT I am criticizing is the use of that photo. Poor politics by whoever let in run, WHICH IS NOT Obama's decision, therefore I am not criticizing him.

When I saw that photo of Obama I instantly thought of the Bush Goat photo. Were we not at a time of Major disaster I most likely would not have felt that way about the photo. ALSO.... I did not go 'hunting' for this photo. It is FRONT PAGE White House web-site right now. I went there looking for new news about the Japan Crisis.
edit on (3/15/11) by AllSeeingI because: code

I can see your point. I don't agree with it, but I can see why you would feel that way. Personally I'd rather see him dealing with anything but the Japan crisis right about now. It's getting so bad and there is still the boiling point that's happening in the middle east as we speak that anything that can make a person think there is a chance for life to not be so insane everyday is a good thing.

Thats also why I disagree with your take on it. But like I said I see what you mean now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Photos like these will always be a part of the PR that goes along with being president. I'm sure they're planned weeks/months ahead of time, and seeing the picture of their school in the national spotlight is a big thrill for the kids at whichever school's involved. I don't blame either Bush or Obama for engaging in such photo ops.

However...

The big difference between these two, and the fallacy of the OP, is that Bush' photo op coincided with a direct terrorist attack on US soil, in which neo-cons are heavily suspected of playing a role in, and even after being informed there was an attack Bush continued to sit there with a blank expression on his face. It reeks of having been planned in such a way to give Bush an excuse for not being in Washington when the event went down.

Obama's photo op took place days after the event you're connecting him to (the tsunami in Asia), a natural disaster we can be pretty certain no human caused. He's already committed a number of navy ships, troops, and now an air force base to be used as a forward operating area.

A better comparison would have been between Obama and Bush after the tsunami of 2004. Here Bush was slow to respond and was accused of providing little aid (in fact the US had given 2.4bn in aid). The biggest mistake Bush made then was to set up a rival aid organization to the UN, one that had no track record or ability to deliver aid, while taking much needed resources away from the established organizations (it turned into a spectacular failure), something that was profoundly misguided IMO (see: Tsunami 2004 [scrolldown]). While these criticisms exist about Bush and the 2004 tsunami I don't agree they are always fair, there is no single entity in charge of responding to worldwide disaster, in every case it's always an ad-hoc response, usually with the US, Britain, and other Western powers playing a leading role. Even so, Bush at that time wasn't the president of Indonesia anymore than Obama is the president of Japan.

I don't agree with you OP that using the photo of the school visit now is somehow "tacky", especially if it allays some of the obvious fear-mongering going on (in particular those fake "fallout" maps). People will criticize Obama no matter what he does, it's "Obama derangement syndrome" just as it was "Bush derangement syndrome".

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I was not as concise with my thoughts but you put it so well. S&F

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

the obama photo looks like the kids are acting out the progression of the past to their future, in the back you have two of them shaking hands, a successful job interview, a business deal, then down from them you have two on their knees, everything they had or own is being taken away to pay for the debts, then at the front you have two begging to obama "please sir can you spare some change".

maybe it is just coincidence that they appear at schools during massive disasters, if there were more than two examples i'd probably take more notice and get nervus everytime a american president arranges a school visit.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Soooooo, Japan is a part of the US now? And the earthqake and tsunami was a terror attack? Is that what you're getting at? How is this supposed to be similar? So now everytime a potus steps foot in a classroom whatever crisis in the world going on at the time get's attributed to that president?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Yes, not to mention our militarypersonnel are getting radiation poisoning and he looks as if theres not a care in the world. He's been wrong for the job since day 1. His entire modus operandi has been to change our country into a Marxist Third World military dictatorship like his friend Chavez. Everything else that happens is just the means to an end.
The use of the photo? All it does is show the world what he's really doing. editby]edit on 16-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Soooooo, Japan is a part of the US now? And the earthqake and tsunami was a terror attack? Is that what you're getting at? How is this supposed to be similar? So now everytime a potus steps foot in a classroom whatever crisis in the world going on at the time get's attributed to that president?

Yah you know he's the Commander-in-Chief, you remember that? We have military personnel getting radiation poisoning. Cmon why do so many people give him a pass on things like this? I would say it was a good call the Japanese went to Russia first for help, but looks like the Russians didn't help a lot either, unless they wanted it to be a Chernobyl type outlook. Maybe France would have been a good choice, they have lots of nuclear plants and would know protocol.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Dude, i get it too. Well spotted.

It's part of the plan to confuse people, to provide starkly conflicting realities, that do not make sense.

"IT'S OK FOLKS, NOTHING TO SEE HERE, GO HOME NOW" ... while arguably the most destructive disaster imaginable is brewing ... it's not logical. The message i get from this is: "we're ok, screw you".

*shrug* it's curious how hard they work at presenting these strange images to us, like that pic of obummer talking on the phone to an arab, while his feet are on the desk. Same thing.

EDIT, oh and all the happy chappies here, you have no excuse to be brain dead, stop pretending!!!!!
edit on 16-3-2011 by harryhaller because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Wow, what's with all of the dissing of Obama for going about his regularly scheduled life?

Are you serious? Running the country is his regularly scheduled life. The children will still be the same if he didn't show up to their classroom. They are still being brainwashed whether he is there or not. Maybe he feels more comfortable in the classroom brainwashing scenario than he does worrying about our military personnel in a nuclear crisis in The Pacific ocean.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I don't agree with you OP that using the photo of the school visit now is somehow "tacky",

Everything he does is tacky, from returning the Bust of Churchill to England to standing around a classroom while our military personnel get radiation poisoning.

Oh yah, and I was alarmed when it was discovered that armed Mexican troops were coming over the border to assist with Katrina while we turned away help from our own citizens. Did we need them because our own military was overseas? Seems its just a new pattern of inviting foreign troops in, perhaps setting the stage for something else.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Obama is just bush with a black face. The peace prize winner who has his own war in the Afghan. Its just more bollocks. Dosnt matter who gets s`elected into power. They are never on the peoples side. Just a bunch of lying thieving slobs. Obama the broken promise president.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I agree with your statement but the upside down book. You do know that was photoshopped that way right and it wasnt really upside down?

OP I dont see how either are remotely similar except for them both being at a school.

What do you people want Obama to do? It's NOT our responsibility to take care of Japan, it's their own. All we can do it help them and it isn't Obamas job to stop what he is doing to help others that had a natural disaster. What happened in Japan is horrible and sad but it's not Obama's responsibility.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

We have military personnel getting radiation poisoning.

Really? Do you have a source for that information. I can't seem to find anything about it. The only thing that remotely comes close to what you said there is:

UPDATE 3-US forces kept away from Japan nuclear plant area

* No US forces in Japan show signs of radiation poisoning

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Seems to go against what you are saying about military personel gettng radiation poisoning. I don't know, some say that my reading comprehension skills are falty, but when it says NO US forces in Japan show signs of radiation poisoning, I don't automatically read that as "We have military personnel getting radiation poisoning".

Care to explain again how this is Obama's fault? And how this crisis in Japan is anything like 9/11?
edit on 3/17/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

He can't. Its the same way how a lie, brazen enough, is believed as truth if repeated enough times.

LIke the postal service. I can put a stamp on a piece of mail and it gets there in 2-3 days. Amazing for less than a buck. But, most people think it sucks because they were expecting something one day and it came the next, so therefore its broken instead of being a big huge machine that gets tons of usage daily.

People will claim everything Obama does is bunk. They figure if they repeat it enough than people will buy it.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join