It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate daylight savings time! When will they end it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Every day I am used to having the time as it should be. Not as some unions want it. When I wake up I want to get up by 7a.m. not 6a.m. Does anyone agree that the government should get rid of or at least put some limits on daylight savings time?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

Hawaii doesn't have it, I don't think indiana or Arizona have it either but I could be wrong.

Yeah it sucks, especially when you have a 1 year old. He was used to going to bed when it was dark, now its light out when we put him to sleep and he doesn't go down as easy haha.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Move to Arizona.
They don't mess with your clocks.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

why on earth would you say that??????????????
and now??????

in the uk they are getting rid of it........this only happens during war...to synchronise i think.....eitherway..its very dodgy how you say you wanna get rid of it now....r u an agent.....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

why on earth would you say that??????????????
and now??????

in the uk they are getting rid of it........this only happens during war...to synchronise i think.....eitherway..its very dodgy how you say you wanna get rid of it now....r u an agent.....

Not sure what you are talking about. In the US we set our clocks forward once and backward once in a year. In the spring, one hour ahead. In the fall, one hour back. It really screws with your rhythms the first couple days.
edit on 15-3-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I just dont like getting up any earlier than I half to and daylight savings gets me tired easily during the day for some reason. I am glad the U.K. decided to end it. I hope the U.S. does to. I am just saying, who really needs it? is all.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

That's what I have a problem with mayabong. Its just a useless annoyance that can make someone late for work if they dont get the info on daylight savings for their area.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
Every day I am used to having the time as it should be. Not as some unions want it. When I wake up I want to get up by 7a.m. not 6a.m. Does anyone agree that the government should get rid of or at least put some limits on daylight savings time?

Don't blame the Unions for Daylight Savings Time

Daylight savings time is generally considered to have been originally suggested by Benjamin Franklin in 1784. He wasn’t actually proposing Daylight Savings Time, but just making fun of people who weren’t waking on time.

The Daylight Savings Time we use today was finally created in New Zealand. It was proposed by an entomologist (insect scientist) by the name of George Vernon Hudson.

itthing.com...

British builder William Willett ... lamented how few people were enjoying the "best part of a summer day", and he came up with the idea of moving the clocks forward in summer to take advantage of the bright beautiful mornings and to give more light in the evening.

World War I: During World War I, DST was first adopted in Germany, which was quickly followed by Britain and countries on both sides, and eventually, America. Daylight replaced artificial lighting and saved precious fuel for the war effort.

World War II: All combatants on both sides quickly adopted DST to save vital energy resources for the War. The U.S. enacted FDR's year-round DST law just 40 days after Pearl Harbor.

Currently, the entire country observes this DST period of almost eight months, except for the states of Arizona and Hawaii, and the U. S. insular areas of Puerto Rico, the U. S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam--all of which have chosen to stay on standard time all year. In 2005, Indiana, which had long been a continuing hotbed of DST controversy, passed a law adopting statewide daylight saving time, starting in 2006.

The DST Period in the United States:

For 2005, from Sunday April 3 to Sunday October 30.
For 2006, from Sunday April 2 to Sunday October 29.
For 2007, from Sunday March 11 to Sunday November 4.
For 2008, from Sunday March 9 to Sunday November 2.
For 2009, from Sunday March 8 to Sunday November 1.
For 2010, from Sunday March 14 to Sunday November 7.
For 2011, from Sunday March 13 to Sunday November 6.
For 2012, from Sunday March 11 to Sunday November 4.
For 2013, from Sunday March 10 to Sunday November 3.

www.seizethedaylight.com...

top topics

join