It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Beuno

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Your demand has no sense behind it. The divinity of humanity -- the divinity in all of us -- does not demand that we give the entirety of ourselves for others. The divinity of humanity lies in the fact that we can be good and evil -- impossible, contradictory, wildly beautiful beings at the same time. It lies not in our goodness, but in our potential for both goodness and badness. in the fact that we can choose of these things. Of the fact that we can discuss the choice. The good of an ordinary person is not utter devotion to everyone but oneself -- it is the cessation of iniquity where we see it and where we can act. When I see an injustice in my reach, I seek to end it. When i see an injustice out of my reach, I, well, feel bad. You, on the other hand, turn around and say "How terrible, God is great." I say just "How terrible."

You claim yourself to have all the answers -- what is the reason you haven't given all your worldly possessions over? You clearly have a computer, the means to access the internet, and at least a camera in addition to that. What is your reason for not throwing yourself upon the mercy of the world to help others?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
You claim yourself to have all the answers -- what is the reason you haven't given all your worldly possessions over?

I have given all my possessions to those who needed them. I have a nokia n210 crystal white notebook, the cheapest I could find at the time, with a built in camera. That is my sole possession which I purchased simply so that I could come on to ATS and do what I do. I stay where I have internet access provided by others who support me in my work.

Your doctrine is flawed however, if it brings you peace, joy, and love for ALL, then keep it.

My doctrine is Christ's doctrine and will prove itself this year and into the next. Watch.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Thank you docks. I find that sometimes we have options within ourselves when confronted with situations like this young womans plight. I can easily sense within myself a knee jerk reaction to her blindness which could, if I let it, overwhelm me with spite. I have, I do and I suppose I will again.

Fortunately, I feel, I have managed in my life to open a small moment of quiet which, I find if called up before I react, allows me to step aside and allow that initial moment of anger or spite to pass without carrying me away with it. I can then focus on a more conscious response to what ever the issue is. Not always, but enough to let me I have found something worth working on for the rest of my life.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is my first post. I've been reading ATS posts for years now, just recently signed on.
That being said, I feel I have to address some of the comments on here.

The Entire World is not responsible for the horrible things that happen. Yes there are 'bad' people, 'evil' people and acts.
Good people exist too, many.

"HE RATTLED THE ATHEISTS IN JAPAN", There are no words to describe how that stupid comment makes me feel.
Disgusted! Is one thought.

" I dont see a problem with it personally" comment, Are You Serious?

This is why believing in a God is so difficult for me, why would a "loving God" give his people the right to condemn children, elderly, mothers, fathers, etc. to a mass destruction.
It may not be difficult to see this miraculous world and think perhaps there is a creator, a mastermind behind it all.

But when ones, 'with such deep great faith in one' spew debilitating, judgemental, destructive comments about innocent
souls, others who defend it, explaining that 'His Glory' is just beyond the scope of our understanding. (excuses!)
Leave some running the opposite. Maybe its not the message, but the delivery in this case.
I'd sooner believe in Santa Claus or Lepricons, at least they spread "Goodwill".

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by synnergy

She was a troll. She was joking, she did it to get people mad. If you looked at her channel, her other videos and her subscriptions, it would become obvious.

Her channel is deleted; I fear for her safety. It was a joke, but a very inappropriate one.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That video makes the idea of testicles and vomit seem more appealing.

Seriously, that was the worst and most disturbingly ignorant piece of video I have ever witnessed. To think that these people roam the Earth is very alarming. I am not afraid of brown muslim terrorists; I am afraid of jerkoffs like that girl who made the video.

If she was in fact joking, it makes not the slightest bit of difference to me. It isn't funny to laugh at people who have just lost everything from theor home to their family members. It's just childish and in the poorest of taste. If that girl lost her family in a tragedy I'm pretty sure she wouldn't be tubing a video to make light of it. She would be trying to dig her father's torso out of rubble.
edit on 15-3-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
According to this

milowent.blogspot.com...

shortly before deleting her account she posted a video admitting it was a satire.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

That's incredibly impressive, and I salute you.

It occurs to me that our argument is ridiculous. We both want a better world; we just feel that there are different reasons, which are ultimately the same with different names and trappings, for that to be a goal. We both love our fellow man, under the same caveats. The only thing we could possibly be arguing to any purpose about is whether what you've done is obligatory or superogatory, and that is far from being the topic of this thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

That's incredibly impressive, and I salute you.

It occurs to me that our argument is ridiculous. We both want a better world; we just feel that there are different reasons, which are ultimately the same with different names and trappings, for that to be a goal. We both love our fellow man, under the same caveats. The only thing we could possibly be arguing to any purpose about is whether what you've done is obligatory or superogatory, and that is far from being the topic of this thread.

I assure you my friend, I did not tell you those things for them to be impressive. My little sacrifice is nothing to those who suffer in war torn countries, those struck by famines, the people of Haiti, those in Japan, and many many others. No, I have done nothing.

You are correct though, our differences are nothing worth being at odds over. A better world awaits and it is our destiny to see it's birth. Rejoice that we live in times of such struggle, for many will live a more blessed life for the struggles we endure.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 15-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I didn't mean to say that you wanted me to be impressed
Just that I was. I believe you, since you didn't lead off and brag about the fact that you did this. I find it incredibly noble, and you should be, uh, humbly proud of it, if that concept translates into words with any... translation.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think it is pretty obvious that they were just trolling.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

And now her foolish antics are known and spread that much more thanks to this thread. Some things are worth letting die on there own people, not stringing them along.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Viddy's been pulled, and the owner has a name that makes it seem that it may be a spoof.

Probably the video is a punk, but fear not, there are many real ones.
edit on 16-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
I don't see the problem with it personally.

Sorry pal then you are as sick and deluded as she is.
And please don't start with all the bulls==t about how great you think YOUR god is. I have seen dozens of your posts, you attack people for not believing as you do and then end each post with your smartass 'Love - your brother' quip. Christianity seems to breed ignorant, self deluded hate mongers if you and your girlfriend are anything to go by.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

My little sacrifice is nothing to those who suffer in war torn countries, those struck by famines, the people of Haiti, those in Japan, and many many others. No, I have done nothing.

]

You hypocrite. You see NOTHING wrong with the video posted and then have the audacity to say your ( supposed) sacrifice is nothing compared to those suffering in Japan!!!!!! SICK

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION
Sorry pal then you are as sick and deluded as she is.
And please don't start with all the bulls==t about how great you think YOUR god is. I have seen dozens of your posts, you attack people for not believing as you do and then end each post with your smartass 'Love - your brother' quip. Christianity seems to breed ignorant, self deluded hate mongers if you and your girlfriend are anything to go by.

You are correct my friend. We should forbid such comments, we should ban them from public hearing, we should take those who say such things and silence them.

Since that is how you feel, lets start with silencing YOUR voice. Let's start with condemning YOUR speech. Lets start with branding YOU.

When you are prepared to be condemned for what you say and remain silent, then you can cast the stone of judgement at this girl.

It has already been said that it was satire.

However, even if it wasn't, it is merely speech, and the point is valid. Some people actually think this way. Some people believe this is God passing judgement. Others still sit by and shout, "If there is God have him show himself!!". So, I see both sides getting what they want. Foolish people.

More so, I see it through my own eyes. My own eyes do see this as an act of God, for I see God in everything. My God is a Benevolent God and by this act he has extended yet another opportunity for mankind to demonstrate their awesome ability to come together and help one another, to comfort each others sorrows, and to work together to build a better tomorrow. Will we do it or will we continue to serve mammon/money, that is what remains to be seen.

If you do not like my posts, or how I speak the truth from how I see it, I suggest you avert your eyes from my Posts. If you adjust your own perspective and at least try to see things from my point of view, you will have that much broader a perspective.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Whoa, the tension here is getting to me. o.o
I think her little "satirical" joke crossed the line.
If she's actually trying to cover her ass by claiming it's satire, I'd love to smash her face in, regardless of what doctrines she's swallowed like a bleep.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

1 John 4:7-8 (King James Version) 7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

This girl is Anti-Christ. Nevermind, the fact that northern Japan has the highest volume of missionary activity. Nevermind that the Japanese [K i r i s h i t a n s] (sh and it together always gets censored) kept their faith through centuries of Fumi-e and persecution the likes of which she couldn't imagine. Nevermind that "God desires all men to be saved". Because, Japan has a high volume of atheists, it has to be destroyed

"God sends rain on the just and the unjust", I also recall God reprimanding Job's friends for assuming he must have done something wrong for bad things to happen to him. Karma is incompatible with Christian thought, bad things happen and you deal with them and perhaps one day all will be restored sevenfold. Right now I can think of 6 beattitudes that apply to the people of Japan at the moment: Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the Earth. Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy (look at how they help each other in the wake of all of this). Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called children of God (no looting, no killing; compare to Katrina). This girl does not know the Father, all she knows is hate. She is of her father the devil and the lust of her father she shall do. I pray she repents of her hate.
edit on 12-4-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
In response to the original poster,

Unfortunately, there are dumb people everywhere.
Me, being a person of faith find myself questioning my faith because of dumb people like this.
It's good that you see the crazies in the world, but please don't write off an entire religion because of an extremist minority group. Your intuition and desire to learn is your greatest friend.

To quote Gandhi, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join