It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quakes in Chile and Japan, possible Elenin link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hi guys, i thought i would throw this into the mix, i must admit I dont know too much about this subject, but whilst browsing I came across a piece on this site,www.earth-issues.com..., concerning elenin and a possible pole shift, but as i read further, I found that they mention elenin and the Chile earth Quake

So from what I have gathered the theory is that comet Elenin was in alignment with the earth and sun on Feb 27, 2010 and that it caused a 3 degree pole shift and the 8.8 quake in Chile. The theory also states that the comet will again be in alignment with the earth on or about March 15, 2011 and that it will again cause problems for the earth, but because it is closer the effects will be worse than the first one.

My thoughts are this, and if the theory is correct, then the Japanese earth Quake may have been caused by an alignment of comet, earth and sun on the 11/3, or there abouts.

There will be more alignments in the comming months, the first will be on or around the 27/9/2011, where elenin will be between earth and the sun and then again on or around the 19/11/2011, where elenin will be within spitting distance of earth.

If elenin in some way has been a contributing factor in both the Chile, and Japanese earthquakes what will be instore for us when elenin is at its closet to us.

Other alignments will occur with Mercury on or around 6/62011 then again 3/12/2011, I used JPL Small-Body Database for the dates.

Again guys these are uneducated thoughts, please be nice, thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by frank64

Can you please provide some type of link or proof? Something showing Elenin aligned with earth on Feb 27, 2010? I believe that Elenin play a huge part in everything but for it to affect us from such a great distance would be strange... maybe its the "planet X" everyone talks about?
edit on 14-3-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Huh? You should know...you just posted a thread about it, I even pointed out it was a duplicate thread.
EDIT: Oh...Feb 27...my bad. Yeah, I would also like to know where that date comes from. What alignment took place I mean.

EDIT: This thread may also be of interest: March 15, 2011 - March 19th, 2011 MegaThread

edit on 14-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I appologise if this has been posted elsewhere.
But to find out about feb 2010, go here and run backwards
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Thanks for the link,

So much info will take a bit of time to go through it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

LMAO
My apologies, I never watched the whole video my wife showed me a tidbit of the it yesterday... I did not see that part. I am currently at work where I cannot view the video (youtube.com is blocked) but WOW judging by the accuracy of her quake prediction shes at least somewhat credible

Edit: what so does she confirm the alignment on Feb 27, 2010 or not?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I just watched that video, and yes she does link 27/10 to chile.

and again to 11/03

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

what so does she confirm the alignment on Feb 27, 2010 or not?
Oh, we are both stupid. I missed the beginning when I first watched it, she starts with the 27th alignment and then says "Now lets see when it aligns this year", and she predicts between march 11th and march 15th. That's pretty freaking good imo.

edit on 14-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

wow!!
What can we do at this point?? Everyone store fresh water and food prepare for the worst, even if nothing happens its never wrong to play it safe...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hello there!

But what about Haiti EQ 12.01.2010....????

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Haha, nah...I wouldn't worry too much at this point, I'm just waiting to see if anything happens today (it's the 15th already in Australia, where I am)...if something does happen, then I may start to get a bit worried.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yea i might be a little too hyped up. Its still the 14th here in the US, I'm in New Jersey roughly 1 hour from the coastline so I'm pretty nervous...idk I just feel you can never be too safe especially since 2011. Things that happened over the span of 3 months usually take 5-10 years
its been quite the show

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
These kinds of threads always make me kind of shake my head.

To suggest that this comet was in any way responsible for a quake on Earth in 2010...is like suggesting that if you throw a grain of sand across your living room it will make your TV fall over.

On February 27, 2010 Elenin was 562 million miles away from Earth. The sun was about 93 million miles away on that date.

The sun is about 100 trillion times more massive than the average comet. On this date it was about 6 times closer to the Earth than Comet Elenin was.

So...if we are looking for a gravitational cause of the Chilean quake, then I would suggest that it is about 600 trillion times more likely that the Sun was the culprit...than was Comet Elenin.

In other words, although it is great sport to talk about small objects like Elenin wreaking havoc upon the Earth from great distances, there is just no basis in fact or logic to support such assertions.

edit on 14-3-2011 by mobiusmale because: spelling...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by frank64

First welcome to ATS.

Second, don't be surprised if you get savaged!! Links are paramount and additionally members delight in debunking. It can be hard at times.

So, armed with that knowledge..............

No Elenin cannot have had anything to do with Chile or Japan. First it is about 4km across and second it is millions of miles from Earth

This link has already been give but here it is again

Elenin in JPL database

Click on orbit diagram and it should come up on today's date. Move it back a couple of days and you will see that Elenin is 2.155 AU from Earth. That is about 200,415,000 miles from us so no I don't think Elenin can have ANY influence at that distance. You can run the orbit diagram in any direction and just multiply the AUs bu 93,000,000 to get the miles.

edit on 14/3/2011 by PuterMan because: To fix a link

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for the welcome.

I will dig a bit deeper in future before posting.

on the size of the comet, i found this, a French site, various pics and info on a host of comets and the like.
this is a link to the elenin pics, 6888comete.free.fr....

at the bottom of the page it says,

iam. coma + / - 0.18, either 2.94UA + / - 27938 km

Would this be the cloud the nucleus travels in or the size of the comet, i dont speak French

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by frank64

The coma is the comets tail so that is saying how long they are expecting the tail to be I guess.

Not sure what UA is and acronymfinder is down! It sounds like Astronomical unit, i.e. Unit Astronomique. That makes it one heck of a long tail - 279,000,000 miles!!

edit on 14/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join