It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan, the US, the UK. No-one is coming to help..or not enough to do much good

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
This is a wakeup call to everyone to start planning to take care of you and yours. As a responder, Im dismayed and saddened at the horror stories coming out of Japan, especially from devastated hospitals with no food and no medicines, toilets or help, with people moaning in hunger and pain. We need to understand just how little prepared we are in all of our countries. Our governments have NOTHING for us.

In one area of 6.5 million people, we have around 50-75 perhaps 100...trauma beds. When we get hit like Japan, or Katrina again...there is nothing....nothing...NOTHING the government can do to bandaid all your wounds, feed your elderly and all the children and send help.There is not enough for all. There never was. We will be on our own. . Lining up for food, water and medical attention will take forever in a disaster. And what about all the "necessities" we need each day?

Feminine hygiene is just one example. How about going without for a month or so or longer? You could walk around like that with soiled clothes and develop toxic shock and die. You wont be able to wash your clothes or yourself. That is just one thing of many such thing we hardly think about not having. Or toilet paper. Just look at the photos from Japan with people sitting with heads in their hands wondering what the hell happened...as where is the help? The food? How do we get out of here? Where is the rest of my family? It is hell on earth.

I just wanted to say to everyone, take care of yourself and your family. Plan for the unthinkable. Lists and ideas on how to prepare are available if you look. Help yourselves now. As we can see now...the governments just CANT...there are only so many of us responders...and millions...MILLIONS in potential need with not enough food, medicines or help. There never WAS any of any substantial quantities, and as much as they say there are stockpiles....there never was or will be...enough. We all can see that now in Japan.

Peace to all, and think of your families future. Do what you can now. God Bless.

PS Yes, we all have stockpiles waiting, but not enough for a really big situation, or more than one of them at once.

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: cause

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: add

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: suggestion, thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The title of tis thread is a bit confusing. It says nobody is coming to help but America and the UK have sent aid and people to help in the clean up operation and the recovery of the deceased. I though this was going to be another Japan bashing thread so was pleasantly surprised to read that it's about preparing for a similar event that may happen to any single one of us on here, anywhere in the world. I agree with you, the day may come when a SHTF scenario plummets us all into chaos and a stand or fall situation but for now lest just keep those poor people in Japan in our thoughts and pray for them.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

edit on 14-3-2011 by minigunner because: Misread

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Uhm for most the post thats my responce. Look if your not dead of radiation in thirty days chances are Bad hygeine is the last thing on your mind. Things can easily be made more confortable. I don't even understand what your saying.You predicting War or something? The title is quite confusing. Why not say if your from """ be wary no one will help. Along those line well most can see that already.Get a day job this doom and gloom doesn't come off so well from a troll..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

MS

You raise a very important point because most of the populas (the sheep) really do think that the Authorities will come to their aid when a huge disaster occurs...... In London with the 7/7 bombings the hospitals were pushed to the limits and although thats was a terrible event it doesn't compare in simple numbers to what has happened in Japan.....

Your right to remind us of how fragile our exsistence is and that we DO need to take responsibility for ourselves....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

Not my opinion alone. Right out of the training manuals. Its the small things...little things...we take for granted that we may not be able to get in an emergency. Clean clothes? Something to drink? Our blood pressure medicine? Im not at all trying to be melodramatic...just trying to get folks to think about what would they do waiting for help to come when it may not even come?

All those piled up cars in Japan? There are still people in some of them, hoping to be saved...some will never be...and are either dead now...or dying as I type this. We've just become to complacent in our security or perceptions of it. One great big meltdown in Yellowstone, it wont matter. There is not enough help, military, food, medicines for the millions of us. And its hard to watch knowing I could help...but cant.

I'd just feel better if folks just think about it happening wherever you are and be as proactive as you can for yourselves, thats all.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I see better. sorry the title is very confusing. This sounds like a shtf scenerio I see what you saying just to be prepared. I don't understand why you can't just say that.With that point your right but then if we aren't rdy or at least getting there we deserve it. We can't prepare for everything but the basics are easy.I have recently been downgraded from altruistic Warrior to hated warlord. This has changed cus unfortunately I am with Family now so I will kill others to keep them(family) alive.They range from 7 to 15.So I guess its a good time to ask my guys on the survival list how best to prepare for a In House kinda war.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Japan 'overwhelmed by the scale of the damage'. Quotes from article

"Millions of people spent a third night without water, food or heating in near-freezing temperatures along the devastated northeastern coast..."

"Japanese police said 1,000 washed-up bodies were found scattered Monday across the coastline, officials run out of body bags, coffins"

"People are surviving on little food and water. Things are simply not coming"

"We have repeatedly asked the government to help us, but the government is overwhelmed by the scale of damage and enormous demand for food and water..."

"Just then, an emergency worker came over and told him (a construction worker who said he was "giving up")...that if the station opens at all, it would pump gasoline only to emergency teams and essential government workers. "I never imagined we would be in such a situation," Watanabe said. "I had a good life before. Now we have nothing. No gas, no electricity, no water."

For Millions of people:
"The government has sent 100,000 troops to spearhead the aid effort. It has sent (only)120,000 blankets, 120,000 bottles of water and 29,000 gallons of gasoline plus food to the affected areas." (for several MILLION people)

This is my point. There isnt and never was enough for everyone. It is an illusion, so everyone be prepared. Watch the news reports of how this all plays out, and prepare for your own families. MS

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

It's a shame many young women did'nt learn the ways of their great grandmothers; since my grandmother was born in the last 1/4 of the 20th century I managed to learn the "tricks of their trade" which I have passed down to my own daughter.

Going without toilet paper, you'll find, is a much easier task than using actual toilet paper...if you ask around tribal cultures. It's no big deal.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

If we just think of how our ladies get once a month...imagine if they couldnt change clothes for another month! Its these little things that become big issues and hard to manage. And we tend to forget that. Food and water? Great. Now. What about bathing? Or washing those clothes of yours? Drinking is way more important than your smelly clothes..and it'll be awhile before you can get any new ones.

Please friends. FEMA and DHS gives us Responders the training, and some minor tools and supplies but...the bottom line is...in a Japan type disaster...you may never see your families again, not know where they are when SHTF and your pets? Leave em a bowl of food and a dish of water. They prob will be dead in no time anyway...and keep all their papers near the door at all times. Kennels and shelters wont allow pets without papers....

Our governments put on a great show, but do the math...and Ive got the inside! Multiply what is stashed, what can be made available, what countries will or wont help.....and there are still millions...millions of us who will die waiting, never being reunited with their families and wallowing in the filth of destruction.

These are the tools we responders are given to work with. Look at Japan......we arent much better off. DO NOT count on your governments to save us all. They CANT............

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And now the latest "411"...the 1,000's of bodies are going to be burned in large pits. No I.D.'s, no storage, no way. Not possible. If that were my kid, or parents or wife......

Friends, I cant emphasize enough. At least prepare a small plan, a meeting place, and at least 3 days of whatever you and yours might need in a hurry. At least its a plan.....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hopping back in here again....I think the phrase "being prepared" is not accurate. I dont think anyone can ever be all prepared in a SHTF scenario.

They will immediately disarm you for "safety", take away your firearms, leave your beloved pets behind....make you leave everything except what you can carry...separate your children from you and put you wherever to get the heck outta there.

There is no-one...no-one Ive ever heard or read about that had it all together. Protection, detection, food supplies, survival supplies, communications that arent electric or on radiowave or microwave format....nobody, that cant get it taken away in a second by the authorites.

We need to start thinking short-term not long to just get thru the 1st weeks or months or so. In the end, the martial law-ists will come to your "safe-zone" private or not, and come to "rescue you" by taking you outta there for your own good...all the while making you leave your firearms, possessions and food-stuffs behind.

The governments are in no way prepared...or are they PLANNING to be prepared...there are just too many people. The best thing that could happen is that many will die, and wont need saving, transport or food. Its a sad truth, but they arent prepared to help even 1% of the populations.

I wish us all good luck....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yes, you are right! The govts have nothing for us, only bunkers for the elite. And therein lies the ultimate betrayal and lies of the nanny state, brainwashing the masses into thinking they will take care of everyone's needs.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
We invented Government to protect us from Disaster.

However, as shown so clearly in the recent events through the last 10 years, the government does nothing to prevent or prepare the population for disasters, and they do far too little to remedy them after they occur.

While at the same time, we pay 20-30% or more in taxes.
While at the same time, we are coerced into pledging allegiance.

Why would I pledge allegiance to an entity who never cared about me or my children, and never will?
In fact this government has been invading my privacy and suppressing my Constitutionally Protected Rights as a citizen illegally.

If the Government cannot help much in a disaster, than there is no POINT to HAVING a Government in the first place!

A useful and legitimate Government would be like 75-85% focused on disaster prevention/preparation and would spend inordinate amounts of time warning people of dangers, and giving people information on how to mitigate those problems or overcome them.

What would life be like in a disaster scenario without Government? NOT MUCH DIFFERENT I MUST SAY....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thank you friends for your comments. As I said previously...we need a few hundred million to DIE to balance out the resources left. The governments know this, but put on a great face.

Heres as example. We counted all the hospital trama beds avail in a 50 mile radius of Detroit, Mi. We counted up maybe....75-100 beds for burns and trauma injuries. SE Michigan as a whole (not just the 700,000 in Detroit) has an estimated population of 6.5 million we believe.

Now...Evac-Emergency MASH Hospital type units can be set up in a disaster. They have 50-100 beds in each Emergency Unit. SE Michigan has 1 unit.

Doing the math....200 or so people can get some patch-up-move-out treatment. And what about the other few million? Nothing. No beds, medicines, doctors, food or resources to help those left.

We built our countries for the millions, and can only service the hundreds. We turned our faces to the blind side. Its time the polpulations look at all available assistance with open eyes. A 'culling-of-the-herd' is vital.

There never was any plan to help us all. We number too many. The best...the absolute BEST thing to save some of us...is too let many, many die. And still? We cant help the remainder.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Feminine Hygiene?
I dont recall anyone dying from lack of a sanitary pad.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

If you cant change it, have to keep wearing it and have no way clean up or anything to change into...thats a problem mentally and physically. We prepare for these little-to-big-things in disaster response.

Think of any way while youre running from a blast or toxic cloud to a place without any supplies...and you havent got access to any, or where youll end up wont have any. Even the old days there were ways...but there were resources. Thats all. The only point is its something very emotional and inconvenient to girls, teens and woman of all ages.

The point is...something so simple...can become an extremely upsetting situation with no end in site...over and over, week after week. And we all know how that effects women in general each month.

We have become a society of convenience we've taken for granted. Will they die? No, of course not. But I sure dont want to be around say a few hundred of those women stuck like that when it happens. And monthly sanitary supplies are not a priority in disasters.

Bring a change of clothes or 3.....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

If you cant change it, have to keep wearing it and have no way clean up or anything to change into...thats a problem mentally and physically. We prepare for these little-to-big-things in disaster response.

Think of any way while youre running from a blast or toxic cloud to a place without any supplies...and you havent got access to any, or where youll end up wont have any. Even the old days there were ways...but there were resources. Thats all. The only point is its something very emotional and inconvenient to girls, teens and woman of all ages.

The point is...something so simple...can become an extremely upsetting situation with no end in site...over and over, week after week. And we all know how that effects women in general each month.

We have become a society of convenience we've taken for granted. Will they die? No, of course not. But I sure dont want to be around say a few hundred of those women stuck like that when it happens. And monthly sanitary supplies are not a priority in disasters.

Bring a change of clothes or 3.....

If something so simple and natural upsets you when the worlds going tits up then you need your bumps felt. We have ways and means, we are adaptable. We women are not some tearful idiot 7 days a months, we will go back to the old ways. The vagina after all supposed to be self cleaning. A little bit of blood trickling down ones legs isnt earth shattering news or all that shocking unless you've just crawled out from under some rock.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Hardly...Ill be the responder handing supplies out from the trucks...only there wont be any...nor toothpaste...or soap...coffee...or...or...ICE even....society has come to accept things always being there and cant live without...only, we'll have to learn.

I am just bringing some unpleasant facts to those who'll ask during times of Chaos..."Hey! Where can I plug my charger in?"

Believe it or not, we train how to handle people inconvenienced like this. Many will not be able to handle going without washing or brushing their teeth for a few weeks or so. Be glad if you can even get food for gosh sake. That will be the priority. Millions and millions of people screaming for these things that will no longer exist or be available. Millions.

And there isnt enough for the millions hungry either. Hey...Im on OUR side. Yours and mine. Whom do you volunteer with for helping in a disaster within your own community? Or do I gotta help you as well?

I gladly will..we will....will you?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Hardly...Ill be the responder handing supplies out from the trucks...only there wont be any...nor toothpaste...or soap...coffee...or...or...ICE even....society has come to accept things always being there and cant live without...only, we'll have to learn.

I am just bringing some unpleasant facts to those who'll ask during times of Chaos..."Hey! Where can I plug my charger in?"

Believe it or not, we train how to handle people inconvenienced like this. Many will not be able to handle going without washing or brushing their teeth for a few weeks or so. Be glad if you can even get food for gosh sake. That will be the priority. Millions and millions of people screaming for these things that will no longer exist or be available. Millions.

And there isnt enough for the millions hungry either. Hey...Im on OUR side. Yours and mine. Whom do you volunteer with for helping in a disaster within your own community? Or do I gotta help you as well?

I gladly will..we will....will you?

Bringing unpleasant facts to whom? The survivalists of ATS?
Will people be burning fires? Good they can brush their teeth with the charcoal. What exactly is the type of distaster we are looking at here? Why cant people wash unless everywhere is radioactive in which case we are all doomed anyway? In your distaster scenario did all the earths water evaporate or something?

I hate to be facetious but I'm sure peoples main priority will be food, shelter water & a modicum of sanitation. Nothing else actually matters. Hell wipe your backside with a dockleaf it's even better than loo roll.

No you WONT be helping me, as I'm sure you'll be swept along with the panicked masses begging for a place to plug in your laptop to spew some self righteous claptrap about helping people. I'll be with my family, trying to hold it together trying to stop THEM from panic & teaching them how to live without ice.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join