It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
if you want to keep tabs on current quake activity world wide down load earthquake 3d ,just to give some perspective on whats happening world wide,carpenter44

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
as an addendum to this post i would like to mention a film i watched last night about the animals of chernobyl. it was EXTREMELY illuminating.

granted, animals in this area do not have the lifespans of humans, so its hard to see what long-term effects radiation is having.

but the miracle is that there is a vast amount of wildlife gravitating to this area. in fact, it looks as peaceful and bucolic as anything one would see on the Club Sierra website. a vast amount of land (the so-called "dead zone") has been reclaimed by nature. species thought to have been extinct have returned. wolves, bears, deer and even wild horses can be found within this previously-thought-of wasteland. there are lots of cats too- which i found very poignant, as the people of Priyapt were not allowed to take their pets with them, and ordinary housecats became feral and now thrive in this area that is completely uninhabited by human beings.

granted, the radiation levels are still extreme. it will not be fit for human habitation for hundreds of years. and i found that very hard to reconcile with the groves of fruit trees, the green grass, the moths and the bees. there were only a few mutations that were noted- and mutations, being weaker than their ordinary fellows, die out. there was a type of bird that instead of being red-breasted, went white-breasted for a while. those died out and it the birds recovered just fine.

to me, this is a great comfort. human life is important, yes. but knowing that nature can recover and indeed thrive even in a godforsaken place (and there is no other place on earth as godforsaken as this) makes me rest easier for the flora and fauna of this planet, no matter what happens. and i find it poetic justice that this area will probably never, in anyone's living memory, be able to be misused by humans for centuries. kind of nice really.
edit on 17-3-2011 by themysterymachine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
No offense, but some of you folks need a serious reality check. First and foremost, a radioactive cloud traveling thousands of miles isn't like a tropical cyclone, it doesn't build-up in strength nor maintain form as it travels. The cloud disperses and weakens the further it moves along, and by the time it reaches the United States it'll most likely represent no more of a radiation threat than flying at high altitude in a passenger jet. Second, look at all of the Atomic/H bomb testing we performed in our desert SW throughout WWII, the Korean War, and the Cold War. Even THAT never affected the general United States, and it originated within our own cotton picking country! What makes you think that a small radioactive release halfway around the world is going to do anything more? Chill out folks, and concentrate instead on helping out the people of Japan who are actually suffering as we speak.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The Pentagon is sending a Boeing Co. (BA) plane, equipped to detect radioactive “clouds” from nuclear tests, to sample air for radiation from the damaged Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan.

The WC-135W Constant Phoenix, a modified Boeing C-135, has equipment designed to collect particulates and whole-air samples, according to the U.S. Air Force. The craft, similar in size to a Boeing 707 airliner, usually is used for monitoring required by the 1963 Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, which prohibits above-ground nuclear weapons testing.

“I can confirm the WC-135 has deployed to the Pacific region,” said Major Chad Steffey, a spokesman for the Air Force, in an e-mail yesterday.www.bloomberg.com...

So yesterday, the WC-135 was already delpoyed.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I really hope this is not true since i live close to the west coast. Can my fellow ATS members please keep me posted on this subject. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Eat some seaweed.

Or, dig a big hole and bury yourself in it for a few weeks, just to be safe.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Reports of panic buying of pills,measuring devices and even nuke pet shelters ...........

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
...seems I just caught the end of the Maddow show with sit-in host. The last segment was on the supermoon and how it'd be a good idea to 'go out tomorrow night, look up and breathe...'

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi,

Just thought I would give you this overview of the radiation fallout from Japan.

It's reached Norway now. The article is in Norwegian from a mainstream norwegian newspaper, but one will understand the fallout pattern even if you only understand english.

www.dagbladet.no...

- AlphaFlein

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

this is absolutely true and the most deeply disturbing thing imaginable. we will all suffer for the ignorance of monkeys who played God. so our government wont import anymore japanese MILK???? MILK??? we import milk from japan??? why????? no, i dont feel safe now that we arent importing milk. our children will suffer and die slowly from this released radiation for decades to come. cancer central. bye bye ugly monkeys.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Eventually, in some doses, the radiation will reach nearly every corner of the world. Exports and Imports will help make sure that all humans will eventually ingest some contaminated food - sooner or later.

www.doh.wa.gov...

This is a reality we must accept, understand, and adapt to as quickly as possible. As per long term effects, such as those across 1 or 2 generations, we have very little power over them..

Minimize your intake of food to a minimum necessary, select and store food that is not contaminated or at least there are less changes to be. Water and Air are an issue...not much to do about that.

The main effects of radiation on the human body (in low doses) are the metabolic changes, the way main nutrients are assimilated and deposited, and some DNA modifications. An incredibly strong immunity would be a good thing, as well as a well-balanced diet combined with periodical cleansing.

Even so, it's a simple matter of math, and eventually our children or theirs will have already modifications due to current or past radioactive events.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

I read your kind of answer everywhere ( the fact that many bombs were detonated in the US with no apparent ill effects ) but cancer cases are on the rise and premature birth also, etc.

Who's to say it has no relation whatsoever?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The amount of stars and flags on this obvious hoax do not speak well for the collective intelligence of ATS. Just sayin.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i was wondering just how much radiation is being spewed out on the world...
i know that in the '50s & '60s the nuke testing in the atmosphere had us fearing Strontium 90
and other fallout.

beforee its news came through,

April 22, 2011 posted by Bob Nichols ·

Killer Contamination Spreads Worldwide Without Opposition
(San Francisco) – Radioactive contamination equivalent to the Fukushima, Japan disaster in terms of the hated “Mushroom Cloud” Atomic Bombs is two thousand (2,000) 500 Kiloton Atomic Bombs.* Each 500kt Atomic Bomb is 33 times bigger than the American Bomb that destroyed Hiroshima on August 6, 1945

members.beforeitsnews.com...

read the short post for the nitty gritty... 2,000 of those 500kiloton warheads, thats a lot !

humanity is not prepared for mutants and radioactive tolorent people that will be the survivors...

is this really a tipping point for Darwinism Survival of the fittest... or is this a quiet extinction event ?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
The amount of stars and flags on this obvious hoax do not speak well for the collective intelligence of ATS. Just sayin.

Very true, yet some people are still pushing this obvious hoax!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
No offense, but some of you folks need a serious reality check. First and foremost, a radioactive cloud traveling thousands of miles isn't like a tropical cyclone, it doesn't build-up in strength nor maintain form as it travels. The cloud disperses and weakens the further it moves along, and by the time it reaches the United States it'll most likely represent no more of a radiation threat than flying at high altitude in a passenger jet. Second, look at all of the Atomic/H bomb testing we performed in our desert SW throughout WWII, the Korean War, and the Cold War. Even THAT never affected the general United States, and it originated within our own cotton picking country! What makes you think that a small radioactive release halfway around the world is going to do anything more? Chill out folks, and concentrate instead on helping out the people of Japan who are actually suffering as we speak.

No Offense, but you're wrong. Dr. Helen Caldicott explains it succinctly:
www.prisonplanet.com...

It's much worse than we thought.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danjya
Eventually, in some doses, the radiation will reach nearly every corner of the world. Exports and Imports will help make sure that all humans will eventually ingest some contaminated food - sooner or later.

www.doh.wa.gov...

This is a reality we must accept, understand, and adapt to as quickly as possible. As per long term effects, such as those across 1 or 2 generations, we have very little power over them..

Minimize your intake of food to a minimum necessary, select and store food that is not contaminated or at least there are less changes to be. Water and Air are an issue...not much to do about that.

The main effects of radiation on the human body (in low doses) are the metabolic changes, the way main nutrients are assimilated and deposited, and some DNA modifications. An incredibly strong immunity would be a good thing, as well as a well-balanced diet combined with periodical cleansing.

Even so, it's a simple matter of math, and eventually our children or theirs will have already modifications due to current or past radioactive events.

What you suggest isn't practical, no one is going to limit their food to what's absolutely necessary, and, since the world's goverments are lying to us about the amount of exposure, there's no way to know except through independent testing(which has of course been going on) what foods are contaminated, and by what. What people should do, is what I've done, is take spirulina and chlorella daily, since both protect the body from radiation and can flush radioisotpes out of the body(plus it's amazingly good for you anyway). This radiation cannot be avoided, and the japanese say 6-9 months before they can do something. that means, 6-9 more months of ever-increasing radioactive release. the entire globe will be affected, and everyone on it, to varying degrees.
edit on 24-4-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker

What you suggest isn't practical, no one is going to limit their food to what's absolutely necessary, and, since the world's goverments are lying to us about the amount of exposure, there's no way to know except through independent testing(which has of course been going on) what foods are contaminated, and by what. What people should do, is what I've done, is take spirulina and chlorella daily, since both protect the body from radiation and can flush radioisotpes out of the body(plus it's amazingly good for you anyway). This radiation cannot be avoided, and the japanese say 6-9 months before they can do something. that means, 6-9 more months of ever-increasing radioactive release. the entire globe will be affected, and everyone on it, to varying degrees.

Well, an example of minimizing food intake is also quality control. I find it very practical, since you can avoid to some degree food sources that are more likely to be contaminated than others. It's also a matter of physiological training - in the case of a contamination, food would become scarce. It takes time to adapt to smaller amounts, mostly essential food...when you're used with eating out every day...fast foods, restaurants, etc....

So I don't find things exclusive at all. Regardless of what governments say or not, taking control over what you TAKE IN is a simple choice and not impractical at all. This applies to food, knowledge, information, etc..

More so, which is also an important point, the LESS toxins we have in our body, the faster it is to flush out any incoming toxic agents. No daily amount of spirulina and chlorella would have helped in Chernobyl however.. So it depends on the type of contamination.

And of course, what I find to be practical may be entirely impractical for others, or vice-versa.

Good tip on the spirulina and chlorella, although kind of expensive. Some people may have to cut back on their junk food to be able to afford a high-dose of these miracle super foods..

edit on 25-4-2011 by Danjya because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danjya

Originally posted by dragonseeker

Well, an example of minimizing food intake is also quality control. I find it very practical, since you can avoid to some degree food sources that are more likely to be contaminated than others. It's also a matter of physiological training - in the case of a contamination, food would become scarce. It takes time to adapt to smaller amounts, mostly essential food...when you're used with eating out every day...fast foods, restaurants, etc....

So I don't find things exclusive at all. Regardless of what governments say or not, taking control over what you TAKE IN is a simple choice and not impractical at all. This applies to food, knowledge, information, etc..

More so, which is also an important point, the LESS toxins we have in our body, the faster it is to flush out any incoming toxic agents. No daily amount of spirulina and chlorella would have helped in Chernobyl however.. So it depends on the type of contamination.
And of course, what I find to be practical may be entirely impractical for others, or vice-versa.

Good tip on the spirulina and chlorella, although kind of expensive. Some people may have to cut back on their junk food to be able to afford a high-dose of these miracle super foods..

edit on 25-4-2011 by Danjya because: (no reason given)

The bolded bit is incorrect, as mentioned in this article here, spirulina and chlorella were both used to lessen radiation in chernobyl victims.. www.naturalnews.com...

I still say what you suggest is impractical. most americans haven't even woken up to the horror this tragedy has unleashed on the world yet..because government and media have been LYING about it 24/7 since it happened..so expecting anyone to completely change their dietary habits the way you describe is isn't happening anytime soon. It may happen further down the road, when the truth finally comes out. We shall see..and as far as the cost of spirulina and chlorella, you can get a bottle of each at whole foods for about 10-12 bucks per container, depending on the size you get. #, I've spent 12 bucks on one drink at skybar..
edit on 25-4-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
While the effects of these are undeniable, the Chernobyl issue is a different story. First, it is very hard to determine the precise number of victims across a generation or even two. Most of the victims can attribute their post-Chernobyl symptoms to either the event in itself, OR, or to the very poor health management in certain parts of the ex-Soviet Union, delay in treatment, miss-diagnosed cases, poor distribution of medical supplies, etc.

Added Note: And yes, it DOES depend on the type of contamination. Those who died from the immediate radioactive exposure, at the moment of the accident, could have probably taken all the spirulina in the world and still perish. Beyond certain levels the breakdown at molecular level is lethal. My statement was clear enough... "Depending" was the word I used. I am not in the habit of easily stating absolutes.

Next,
Do a simple test if you wish:

Grab some spirulina and give it to a person who's body is filled with toxins and also to a person on a very particular minimal (BUT NUTRITIOUS) diet. My un-educated guess would be that the detox times would be significantly different, in favor of the person with a very healthy and minimal diet.

It is common knowledge that certain foods take a longer processing time in our body, and they release or lead to the release of more toxic waste. Absorption times vary also depending on the elements within our food...etc...

I fail to comprehend how you think is the "impracticality" of understanding and controlling these chemical reactions within our bodies...

Also, I still do not see how the two subjects we speak of exclude each other, but so be it
Many impractical things I do seem quite practical for me.

ps: As per the change, you are correct. People change only when facing an imminent threat or environmental modification. Or not even then. But again, who said we should ALL survive? There is no contract, no divine agreement, etc. Some people will change, some not. Change is another topic altogether

edit on 26-4-2011 by Danjya because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by Danjya because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join