It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
what was here before was quite possibly stupidest thing I have ever said. (and that is saying something) So, to all ATS members I apologize.

------------------------------------

So, the question reamains how are they trying to cool the reactor, and what problems are they facing with the cooling process?
edit on 14-3-2011 by fnord because: see post.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Not good at all they are evacuating 20km radius. Live

70,000 people total are claiming to have fled the area.

www.livestation.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think I will be annoyed if meth addicts have a better chance of surviving radiation poisoning because they have all the iodine.

then again, I suppose if I want to be charitable, at least it is one bright spot in the dark dark life of a meth addict?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
www3.nhk.or.jp...

I am so riveted to this live japanese news simultaneously translated.

click on play under NOW ON AIR video stream on left of screen.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Now reporting...

"Written by on 14 March 2011

Things are moving very fast, email me if you can confirm these stories:

* Province of BC emergency program relocated to Kamploops
* 300 ICU beds made available in Vancouver and Victoria Hospitals
* Scrubbing(decontamination washing) of long range surveillance aircraft at west coast and Hawaii Airbases
* A tip from a reader: Sure sign of imminent radioactive fallout… milk dairies quit collecting milk for human consumption, this happened previously with large Soviet nuclear test and after Chernobyl.

Special USAF aircraft have detected large amounts of Radioactivity over the mid-north Pacific region. The radiation cloud could make landfall in western North America within 24 hours.

Also

If you live on the West Coast please secure as much drinking water as you can.

Update: A second explosion has rocked Japan’s troubled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, leaving three workers injured and seven other missing, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said.

An 800 meter cloud of radioactive death was released, but authorities say all is well.

edit on (3/14/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

Sorry, was a bit late checking this thread so if you could tell me the source of this info it would be helpful. I live in Vancouver and have heard nothing of the sort.

link   
Despite the NEW RADIATION LEAK the claims of this thread are still hearsay from a unreliable source. Hear say from a friend of a friend. Which only remind's me of that pre-school game "Telephone". Those friends don't even come here to confirm it for the OP. Internet access is everywhere, and if he's in the military your damn sure whoever this new's is coming from has internet access. He could easily use a phone from some teenager over in Japan. The satellites haven't crashed down...

This is still such bad news about the new leak.. I am happy to say that there has been no explosion!! Which mean's it will not be ejecting anything into the jet stream or atmosphere, yet.
edit on 14-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

link   
wow these live streams are definitely moving ;\ I'm embarrassed to turn on the TV here in miami and to see all this unrelated showbiz news.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bitwize

Welcome bitwize and thanks for the recommendation on iodide.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

www3.nhk.or.jp...

I am so riveted to this live japanese news simultaneously translated.

click on play under NOW ON AIR video stream on left of screen.

It is so amazing what they are doing with the rotating black outs. And people are conserving so much that often they don't need to suspend. And that is good because of life support systems that are worried about this.

The big problem is running water though - more than electricity.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I know it's asking alot but, could someone summarize.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's not the air that has me worried right now. It's the millions of gallons of radioactive seawater that is being used to cool the reactors in a non-normal fashion. I'm sure the water is not being recirculated and cleansed as it normally woud be. It's probably being sucked in from the ocean washing over the exposed radiactive rods and flushed straight back into the ocean.

Be looking for lots of dead fish, sharks, whales, etc... I bet the fishing industry is downlplaying the threat, but hopefully the government(s) will immediately ban fishing within a couple thousand miles of Japan's Pacific coast IMMEDIATELY.

-CWM

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
It's not the air that has me worried right now. It's the millions of gallons of radioactive seawater that is being used to cool the reactors in a non-normal fashion. I'm sure the water is not being recirculated and cleansed as it normally woud be. It's probably being sucked in from the ocean washing over the exposed radiactive rods and flushed straight back into the ocean.

Be looking for lots of dead fish, sharks, whales, etc... I bet the fishing industry is downlplaying the threat, but hopefully the government(s) will immediately ban fishing within a couple thousand miles of Japan's Pacific coast IMMEDIATELY.

-CWM

Worse than that. A lot of that sea water is turning into steam, rising into the sky and will be deposited in our back yards here in north america during next weeks rain.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I just don't understand why they haven't just nuked the sites to burn up all the fuel rods

contaminated is contaminated, but at least when its burnt up , its burnt up and not continuing to fuse

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Looks like I found a good source that the west coast is in danger.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I found it linked from this page

dailybail.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm in Hawaii. My wife, dog, and I just moved into a friend's house from tsunami flooding. Luckily, we had evacuated our home before the tsunami, but our house got hit and flooded. This is the first chance I've had to sit down, drink a beer, get online, and flip on the TV. After seeing this nuclear stuff I'm wondering, should I buy a plane ticket to go visit family in the Midwest?

I've heard a lot about the west coast...but what about Hawaii??? Any info would be great, because we have the chance now to buy tickets and I'm considering leaving tomorrow. Links, opinions, facts....please!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fnord

I think if they go into a complete meltdown of the reactor, trying to cool it is the dumbest thing they can do. Wouldn't it explode?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by montymakchi
Looks like I found a good source that the west coast is in danger.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I found it linked from this page

dailybail.com...

Excellent links, thanks for that

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveakaRNG

If you have family, yes. Go visit your loved ones. If your scared of the radiation you shouldn't be. The OP is misinformation at it's best.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Here is another one.

georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join