It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sons of Guns... VERY educational....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have watched a few episodes... a lot of these are very interesting....

As I speak right now they are building a gun for a security firm in Afghanistan... Remote controlled, Humvee exterior mounted.....

Sons of Guns

Sons of Guns is a reality television series that airs on the Discovery Channel.[1] The series centers on owners Will Hayden and his daughter Stephanie who manufacture and sell custom weapons at Red Jacket Firearms LLC. Red Jacket Firearms, located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was opened in 1999.[2] New episodes are currently broadcast in pairs, with one episode airing at 9:00 and another at 9:30 PM on Wednesday. According to the ending credits of the show, the music played through the title sequence is "Shelter Me" performed by Tab Benoit. Like Mythbusters, this show self-censors themselves. The opening of the episodes start with Will and/or his staff giving a warning to the audience and not to try anything demonstrated on the show at home. In addition, during scenes of catastrophic failure, the crew breaks fourth wall to remind the audience not to try anything at home.

I will build what I want at home, but it has a lot of information I was confused as to which part to put this in, survival or weapons...

I went with weapons....

The name is red jacket... offical site

Red Jacket

We can finally reveal: Sons of Guns, the RED JACKET FIREARMS TV SHOW on DISCOVERY CHANNEL. Look for "Sons of Guns" (Wednesday, January 26 at 9:00/8:00c), which follows Will Hayden and his company (Steph,Joe,Vince,Kris and Charlie); Red Jacket, considered "the nation's most unique weapons business". Check out our awesome and action packed production photo's below! You dont want to miss us starting this January on Sons of Guns!

now for the discovery channel...

Sons of Guns -- discovery channel

Sons of Guns showcases one of America's most skilled and creative gun works, Red Jacket Firearms, and its founder, Will Hayden. While pursuing its bread-and-butter work with customizing and improving AK-47's, the Baton Rouge-based team delves into the world of historic and classic weapons.

@ mods gimmie a minute please the thing posted before I even got done writing it... I am have technical issues...
edit on 13-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: mispost

edit on 13-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: better explanation

edit on 13-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: still posting just mad at computer.... a little more ... thanks for your patience mods

I am leaving this in because like the show the issues have made it interesting...

Now they are building a Masterkey...

for swat!

the staff...

Red Jacket Staff

* Will Hayden - Owner, Founder
* Stephanie Hayden - Business Manager
* Vincent "Vince" Buckles - Head Gunsmith
* Kris Ford - Shop Apprentice
* Joseph "Joe" Meaux - Gunsmith/Technical Expert
* Glenn "Flem" Fleming - Welder
* Charlie Watson - Forensic Firearms Expert/Consultant

now to a second post... and thank you mods...
edit on 13-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: yea...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
That is what I disagree with is their don't try this at home disclaimer.

They make it sound like guns are highly technical and cannot or should not be repaired or built by anything but people with special licenses.

I finished my first romanian AK build including heat treating rails and etc all by hand off of vague instructions at an age that would shock some in the audience too much to list.

As long as you can READ and are capable of following directions and have enough patience to build a model airplane you can easily build your own gun from parts and a manual. it doesn't even require very much more than some fairly basic hand and power tools. (Plus a good set of measuring tools and a space to hang your diagrams etc)

I understand that not all people SHOULD attempt to build guns but discovery channel's attitude seems to be that NO ONE but university professors, corporations, and those with degrees should have any part in science and engineering!

This is an attitude that is destroying this country! Amateur engineers, chemists, and scientists have made the US what it is. To stifle that is to create a system where only those that CAN PAY to go to the right school or know the right people and can work at the right place get any real access to science and engineering at the hands on level.

This creates a situation where people are then easy to lie to... because they have no choice but to believe what text books and "licensed professionals" tell them.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

I am enjoying this because a few of my old ideas are being reminded that they are not the end all.. aka a reality check...

lol...

I am responding this way because, your preaching to the choir... rev...

It is not really stifling me, it is just removing competition....lol...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've watched several episodes of the show. So far I've enjoyed each and will watch more.

I visited the Red Jacket website from the link in the OP. Their rotating banner lists the suppressed shotgun. There was an episode on that. I guess suppression of a shotgun hadn't been done effectively before.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Silenced AK-47

Super tommy gun

Supressed shotgun

the Master key!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I found part of the episode but not the whole thing... a lot of info here...

he is making some cash here... its awesome...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
the remote control gun...

on the last vid ... yes @ ten secs it is a p2 controller

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yeah rip I like the show... although as far as suppressed shotguns go I ran across a book at a gunshow that makes me think it has been done before....

Still kicking myself for not spending the hundred and seventy five dollars on the book which covered shotgun suppressor design and construction in pretty serious depth (we're talking 1500 pages of larger than 8 by 11 inch size.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
CMOH....?????

flamethrower...

Hershel W. Williams cmoh wiki

Hershel Woodrow "Woody" Williams (born October 2, 1923) is a retired United States Marine who received the Medal of Honor for his actions in the Battle of Iwo Jima during World War II.

On February 2, 2011, Williams appeared on an episode of Sons of Guns where his unservicable flamethrower was refurbished back to working condition. The episode ended with Williams successfully firing the weapon at the age of 87.

I believe this is enough to verify for me... CMOH status...

www.cmohs.org/recipient-detail

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty as demolition sergeant serving with the 21st Marines, 3d Marine Division, in action against enemy Japanese forces on Iwo Jima, Volcano Islands, 23 February 1945. Quick to volunteer his services when our tanks were maneuvering vainly to open a lane for the infantry through the network of reinforced concrete pillboxes, buried mines, and black volcanic sands, Cpl. Williams daringly went forward alone to attempt the reduction of devastating machinegun fire from the unyielding positions. Covered only by 4 riflemen, he fought desperately for 4 hours under terrific enemy small-arms fire and repeatedly returned to his own lines to prepare demolition charges and obtain serviced flamethrowers, struggling back, frequently to the rear of hostile emplacements, to wipe out 1 position after another. On 1 occasion, he daringly mounted a pillbox to insert the nozzle of his flamethrower through the air vent, killing the occupants and silencing the gun; on another he grimly charged enemy riflemen who attempted to stop him with bayonets and destroyed them with a burst of flame from his weapon. His unyielding determination and extraordinary heroism in the face of ruthless enemy resistance were directly instrumental in neutralizing one of the most fanatically defended Japanese strong points encountered by his regiment and aided vitally in enabling his company to reach its objective. Cpl. Williams' aggressive fighting spirit and valiant devotion to duty throughout this fiercely contested action sustain and enhance the highest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service.

The old bird was still able to fire it....

me hats off to the core...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

it has...

I remeber when I found kurt saxons poor mans james bond priceless... I am waiting for the value of it to go up before I make photocopies and sell it...

(what I am keeping it in a secured location...)

lol....

if you can remember the name post it I am sure someone here knows where a copy can be dug up

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Rocket science...

well I will be getting the series on DVD... it will be worth it...

girls and guns...

grenade launcher fun...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

a prototype rifle...

Tiger McKee's training academy????? Shootrite

Our mission at Shootrite Firearms Academy is to provide instruction in the use of firearms for personal combat. For the armed citizen Shootrite develops the mental and physical skills to defend self and family, whether it's through avoidance and escape or the actual act of fighting. Armed professionals are pushed to cultivate the techniques and tactics needed to dominate the violent encounters that are part of their job. Shootrite's priorities are safety, developing effective fighting skills, and creating the mindset and confidence required for victory in violent situations.

and this appears to be his page...

Tiger McKee's page...

it appears to be a set of response to blogs...

It did appear that they guns are available...

(Will some here who is much more familiar with who he is summarize this Tiger man... I am curious as to supposed expertise of which its the first time I have heard his name... BUT, I am not on this circuit so I have limited knowledge... There responses to his expertise caught my attention...)

I think this is a related vid???

the katana's
edit on 13-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: found result of construction...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

The Katana is may be my next buy if it is as advertised.

The idea of an AR weighing less than 6 lbs most certainly interests me.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
I have watched a few episodes... a lot of these are very interesting....

As I speak right now they are building a gun for a security firm in Afghanistan... Remote controlled, Humvee exterior mounted.....

Sons of Guns

Sons of Guns is a reality television series that airs on the Discovery Channel.[1] The series centers on owners Will Hayden and his daughter Stephanie who manufacture and sell custom weapons at Red Jacket Firearms LLC. Red Jacket Firearms, located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was opened in 1999.[2] New episodes are currently broadcast in pairs, with one episode airing at 9:00 and another at 9:30 PM on Wednesday. According to the ending credits of the show, the music played through the title sequence is "Shelter Me" performed by Tab Benoit. Like Mythbusters, this show self-censors themselves. The opening of the episodes start with Will and/or his staff giving a warning to the audience and not to try anything demonstrated on the show at home. In addition, during scenes of catastrophic failure, the crew breaks fourth wall to remind the audience not to try anything at home.

I will build what I want at home, but it has a lot of information I was confused as to which part to put this in, survival or weapons...

I went with weapons....

The name is red jacket... offical site

Red Jacket

We can finally reveal: Sons of Guns, the RED JACKET FIREARMS TV SHOW on DISCOVERY CHANNEL. Look for "Sons of Guns" (Wednesday, January 26 at 9:00/8:00c), which follows Will Hayden and his company (Steph,Joe,Vince,Kris and Charlie); Red Jacket, considered "the nation's most unique weapons business". Check out our awesome and action packed production photo's below! You dont want to miss us starting this January on Sons of Guns!

now for the discovery channel...

Sons of Guns -- discovery channel

Sons of Guns showcases one of America's most skilled and creative gun works, Red Jacket Firearms, and its founder, Will Hayden. While pursuing its bread-and-butter work with customizing and improving AK-47's, the Baton Rouge-based team delves into the world of historic and classic weapons.

@ mods gimmie a minute please the thing posted before I even got done writing it... I am have technical issues...
edit on 13-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: mispost

edit on 13-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: better explanation

edit on 13-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: still posting just mad at computer.... a little more ... thanks for your patience mods

I am leaving this in because like the show the issues have made it interesting...

Now they are building a Masterkey...

for swat!

the staff...

Red Jacket Staff

* Will Hayden - Owner, Founder
* Stephanie Hayden - Business Manager
* Vincent "Vince" Buckles - Head Gunsmith
* Kris Ford - Shop Apprentice
* Joseph "Joe" Meaux - Gunsmith/Technical Expert
* Glenn "Flem" Fleming - Welder
* Charlie Watson - Forensic Firearms Expert/Consultant

now to a second post... and thank you mods...
edit on 13-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: yea...

personally, i like the episode they had when they made a world war II rocket launcher, personally i would improve upon it so that the explosions were more powerful, but it was still awesome.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The suppressed shotgun was great and the suppressed .308 rifle but what i don't get is how they can make them.

I thought it was Federal law but it must be state law because we (CT.) can not have anything with a suppressor not a pistol,shotgun,BB gun,paintball gun/marker, nothing. (oh well)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

It is state law (the reason I hate living in Ct) but in some states (not sure exactly how it works) you can pay a certain amount and get a tax stamp that makes it legal to have a suppressor.

And in regards to them saying not to do the stuff they do on the show I believe that refers more towards the things that they need special permits to do (like dick around with explosives).

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

Per the National Firearms Act of 1934, weapons with automatic sears (machine guns) short barreled rifles (under 16 inches) and short barreled shotguns (under 18 inches), and sound suppressors require a one time only tax stamp and registration with the Department of Justice.
To legally purchase and possess one you must find a class III firearms dealer and purchase one with the applicable paperwork. You can also make an short barreled rifle or shotgun yourself, but you must FIRST register the weapon and received the paperwork back before it is legal. If you assemble one without registering it you are a felon. You may NOT make and register a machine gun or sound suppressor, they MUST be purchased from a class III dealer, unless you are a class II manufacturer (such as Red Jacket Firearms).
The steps are fairly simple. You go online to the BATFE's website and print the forms, fill them out, go down to your local police station and get fingerprinted. Get two passport photos. Take all the paperwork to your local chief of police or sheriff. They are required to sign them by the BATFE to ensure there are no pesky state laws preventing you from owning them. You MUST go to the applicable law enforcement agency where you reside. You can NOT "sheriff shop" adjacent counties or cities looking for one to sign it. Your sheriff or Chief of Police may not sign them, due to politics etc, and if so you are SOL unless the DA or county judge is willing to. Once you have filled out and signed paperwork, with two print cards and two photographs, submit it all to the BATFE with a $200 check. Eventually, they will get it back to you, and you can now legally possess the weapon. Go to the dealer and pick it up.
If you live in a state where they are legal to possess and own its not really as intimidating as it sounds. Machine guns are fairly expensive, as the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 prevents any automatic sear produced after 1986 from being legal to possess or transferred to a civilian. That means the guns that existed, or were converted and registered prior to that date are legal, but new ones are not, and the supply is shrinking making them very expensive.
Suppressors and short barreled firearms are cheaper and simple to obtain with paperwork.
I would strongly advise against any illegal conversions of otherwise legal firearms. Not only is it serious prison time, it is dangerous to modify a weapon unless you know what you are doing.
Comm

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
...and it comes out the BTAF has been selling full autos in mexico in order to blame the peeps...
no arrest for the wicked it seems

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Full episodes of season 1

www.fastpasstv.eu...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Great show that I'm now hooked on.

The interplay between the owner and his daughter is funny, too, although sometimes the owner can seem a little cocky. His MO always seems to be, "No one has ever done this before, so we'll do it for you for $2,500. Come back at the end of the week."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join