It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 new Hydrogen explosions at the Fukushima Plant. Reactor 3 this time...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wow I wonder what affects this could have on the rest of us?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Is it me, or has every news network dropped the coverage of this? Saturdays explosion had 4-5 hours of full on coverage.....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well a MOX Fueled Reactor core meltdown would Spew much more dangerous Isotopes than an Enriched Uranium reactor would. Mox is a blend of oxides of plutonium and natural uranium, reprocessed uranium, or depleted uranium. But in a Fission process there are much higher levels of other Isotopes created. Yeah best prayers and hats off to those Hero's who have their lives on the line trying to bring the reactors under control. BTW has anyone heard the condition of the other two supposed reactors that have had cooling system failures?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

I have noticed this too. One would think that even a tiny explosion at any nuclear power plant anywhere would be top news all over the place.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yeah I've been trying to collect any data and news on the nuclear emergencies they are having there, And I have noticed too that not many networks are covering the news on it. Perhaps to mellow peoples fears about the subject, that kind of situation does create lots of fear in people.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

something fishy is going on here....
No doubt...everything about this is suspicious imo...something is wrong here...there's something going on with those plants...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So if melt down happens will this course all the other reactors to go into meltdown ?

Very worrying times ahead

Anymore updates on the 2 other plants ?

This really is shaping up to be the biggest disaster in world history

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
According to the BBC, the fuel rods in reactor 2 are reportedly fully exposed right now.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I am a fan of nuclear power, but seriously...these plants need to be in areas that can survive epic earthquakes...massive tidal waves, meteor impacts, nuclear bombs, etc.

basically, find the most stable parts of the country, then dig down very very deep...do it a half mile down so that worst case senario, you can simply explode the top and bury it forever in a shtf senario...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I am a fan of nuclear power, but seriously...these plants need to be in areas that can survive epic earthquakes...massive tidal waves, meteor impacts, nuclear bombs, etc.

A fan??? Ah, geez. There are many better (by astronomical leaps and bounds) energy sources - including those hidden in black ops - than this evil. It is because of deadly waste and the inability for Humankind to build to perfection anything that we must stop all its use. Period.

basically, find the most stable parts of the country, then dig down very very deep...do it a half mile down so that worst case senario, you can simply explode the top and bury it forever in a shtf senario...

Or, just leave it alone. Use the plenum energy (zero point/"dark" energy), which is clean and negentropic. Geez. Just leave it alone!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Most recent tweet on BBC link above

"A senior nuclear industry executive has told the New York Times that Japanese nuclear power industry managers are "basically in a full-scale panic". The executive is not involved in managing the response to the reactors' difficulties but has many contacts in Japan. "They're in total disarray, they don't know what to do," the executive added"
edit on 14-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Much has been learned since this thread.
And yet,it seems to go unnoticed,just like the BP disaster in the gulf of Mexico.
People have short memories.
But,let it be known that it has been,once again brought to the public's attention.
edit on 20-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
After a break from the fukushima thread, seeing this pop up gave me a hell'o a fright after some of the later events. God dang you kdog
Valid point though, everyone likes to sweep these nuclear flea spewing accidents under the rug.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join