It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 new Hydrogen explosions at the Fukushima Plant. Reactor 3 this time...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
BBC

Don't know what to say....

2 explosions not just 1. Can't be good.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hear steam rising from #1 and explosion from #3

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

this reactor has MOX fuel...
uranium laced with plutonium.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Sounds like the zirconium casings in reactor 3 have hit the critical temp and produced Hydrogen. This one kinda makes me nervous, isn't reactor 3 an experimental reactor using plutonium? Didn't hear of the second explosion at #3.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow.
This is so scary.

These poor people

S+F

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
#
0227: There were two explosions at Reactor 3, the operator Tepco says - AFP.
From BBC.

#
0220: Sea level has dropped five metres off Fukushima, confirming imminent arrival of tsunami - Japanese TV.

Reports that a Tsunami on it's way to Fukushima at this very moment.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I just read a feed that residents with the 20km area have been asked to stay inside.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Japanese Chief Cabinet Minister says "there is a small chance that a massive ammount of radiation was released during the explosion". analysis to follow...

Live feed
edit on 13-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
0240: The governor of Tokyo orders radioactivity levels in the city to be measured

BBC.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Seems someone is trying to scare people with another Tidal wave warning cause there hasn't been one. Probably Fox news.

I think the nuke events are very dangerous and they are miss leading all of us bad.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

yeah interesting. I have been following ABC and BBC and they don't have the same level of fear...although the BREAKING icon got me sitting up in my chair

edit on 13-3-2011 by Thurisaz because: insert

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Japanese Chief Cabinet Minister says "there is a small chance that a massive ammount of radiation was released during the explosion". analysis to follow...

Live feed
edit on 13-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

this 'live footage' looks like the same footage already seen of the plant#1's explosion. their also saying 'the wall fell, but the reactor was not damaged', isn't this the EXACT same thing we heard yesterday? something fishy is going on here....
edit on 13-3-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
S&F.

Confirmed by NHK World.

This is the end of terrestrial civilian nuclear power worldwide. One nuke plant can ruin your whole country (ask any Russian).

The world economy is going to go right into the garbage can as Japan goes down.

If you're downwind and get a fallout warning, get under cover or in a shelter- rub your forearm with 4ml povidone iodine (betadyne) once a day if there are no potassium iodide tablets available until danger passes. And do not go out in the rain until levels go down. Have bottled water and canned no-cook food with you. And wear a dust mask.

This reactor (#3) was fueled with Plutonium MOX, not the usual Uranium that #1 was fueled with. Way more dangerous- Popeye's right, explosion was worse.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
All the walls were blown off they just showed live footage of it on NHK Worldwide. It looks worse than the #1 reactor building. There is nothing but the skeletal structure left.
edit on 3/13/2011 by PopeyesForearm because: add building

ETA This was my first post here, I found this place only hours before this disaster occurred and actually learned of it here first. Since then I have been glued to the screen here with minimal sleep. Thanks to all for all the updates on all threads involved, I have gotten much more info being here than I ever would have alone. My heart goes out to all affected.
edit on 3/13/2011 by PopeyesForearm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I just seen it , it looks like a much bigger explosion then the 1st one BAD BAD BAD

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PopeyesForearm

Keep in mind that is basically just the outer shell of the building. The important stuff is in a meters thick reinforced concrete casing.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Supposed second explosion reported inside reactor vessel, or containment structure.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yeah it's bad, but hopefully the core remains intact eh? Comeon people say a prayer, send positive thoughts or whatever you do, and hope that this doesn't get more serious. I don't even want to imagine a plutonium mektdown!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
#! # #! (sorry mods), they think some water might have got inside the core.....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

yes but the meters thick reinforced concrete casing has just been through a 9.1 earthquake a tsunami 100+ aftershocks and counting and two explosions. its steel and concrete not adamantium. it looks bad

top topics

<<   2 >>

join