It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Prediction in Jack Black's 2010 "Gulliver's Travels" movie for June 2011...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was watching Gulliver's Travels and noticed in the credits a very strange spot that is up for just a few moments. I have taken a screenshot and posted it here. I also highlighted some of the significant key words that surrounded the prediction date.

"June 20, 2011 - June 3, 2011"

The dates are backwards and the key words around it are ominous.

"Now Planned" "New York" "attacked" "underwent" "Desolate" "Near India" "Rescued" "Flying" "Island" "Kingdom" "unable to use" and "Practical Ends"

I am just guessing but perhaps it reads from left to right as following:

"Now Planned, June 20, 2011 - June 3, 2011 (20-3=17?), Attacked Underwent (in) New York, Desolate Near India, rescued island kingdom (devoted but) unable to use practical ends"

I may be reading too much into this, but it was too strange for me and there are many possible combinations and interpretations.

Could it possibly be a warning of some sort?
edit on 13-3-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Are you sure its June 3, 2011? Could've been 2012? Maybe the 17th if you subtract the two dates.

Odd, very odd.
We will see!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

haha, what is that first responder saying?

anyways.. when did this movie come out? that is very interesting, and I must say that June 3rd is my most hated day. Though lets not turn this into a Simpsons clock ordeal

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
A flying island could be like a time travelling mother ship landing in the ocean near India and New York, some time agencies use other boards to post upon

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I hate to be the messenger of astronomers but on June 28th 2011 give or take afew days there is expected to be a 7.0+ earthquake. There is also one predicted for June 13th 2011.

Note: this is a probability only.
edit on 13-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Lol, IMO it's just a joke by the movie makers.

The end credits are presented as part of newspaper clips from Gulliver's column. Surrounding the credits is actual text from the original novel by Jonathan Swift, and mentions some adventures from the book that are not featured in the movie, such as the encounters with the subhuman "yahoos".

IMDB

Part II: A Voyage to Brobdingnag
20 June 1702 — 3 June 1706

Gulliver's Travals

So, I think they just changed the dates to freak people out a bit, you know a movie "Easter egg" -- "20 June 1702 — 3 June 1706" to "June 20, 2011 - June 3, 2011". I doubt this is anything serious, but I could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Aren't there some secret societies that tend to publish/warn the public before a major event?

I wonder if this could be something like that...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

It'd be a shame if people ignored your post and still thought there was a massive conspiracy in this. I mean, why would the makers of a children's movie plant info about a massive event? Just seems absurd and while I am interested in conspiracies and have an open mind to anything, this just seems like another of those things where logical and lateral thinking go out the window.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I guess it is more of a wait and see thing. I just wanted to post this to alert other members of the possibility of this being a hidden message of some sort.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Interesting thread, S&F.

reply to post by curious7

Considering the ridiculous amount of prophetic 9/11 material in TV and movies I wouldn't be so quick to ignore this.
They pretty much foreshadowed the exact details in the X-Files spin-off Lone Gunman.

Now.. you can chalk that as well as the dozens of other references up to coincidence if you want to, that's your prerogative, but in my opinion that would be more than myopic. I could use more colorful language cause frankly.. if you don't think that Lone Gunmen episode is prophetic I don't know what to tell you.. or even what you're doing on this site in the first place.

There'll always be coincidences readily available to rationalize disturbing avenues of thought.. it takes nothing.

It does however take courage to take the first step into uncertainty.

top topics

join