It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAW, Bahrain, state police being forced back by anti-government protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is what happens when people stand up!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Images like this restore my faith in the common mans ability to let his voice be heard.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberFawkes1105
Images like this restore my faith in the common mans ability to let his voice be heard.

The little guy is capable of great things if all standing together.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
now THAT is what democracy looks like!!

too bad the G20 thugs didn't get a taste of that..

i hope the american sheeple wake up soon. the cowardly, jack booted, pack of jackal, badge wearing thugs who only are brave if they have the upper hand "police" here in the US need a dose of that!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I guess there was enough police to out-stand the protesters in the video. It looks more like the security forces got an order to avoid confrontation..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Still a win for the protesters in that they're able to continue the demonstration.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Americans can "Wake Up" all they want.
Do you really see Americans being able to walk, much less RUN that far without falling over from
a Mc Heart Attack??

I hope I am wrong because the people who ultimately run this country need a reality check.
I just don't see the Average American being fit enough to protest like that without Keeling
over and dying.

Let's hear it for FAT Americans.

Way to go everyone else.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Do you really see Americans being able to walk, much less RUN that far without falling over from
a Mc Heart Attack??

I hope I am wrong because the people who ultimately run this country need a reality check.
I just don't see the Average American being fit enough to protest like that without Keeling
over and dying.

Way to go everyone else.

Let me ask you this:

What is more terrifying? A scrawny thin little Guy who trys to scare you with a Stick or 200Kg Big Fat Guy who is trying to scare you as he "rolls" torwards you...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here is a perspective from the ground, people passing out from tear gas:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

Originally posted by Screwed

a Mc Heart Attack??

over and dying.

Way to go everyone else.

Let me ask you this:

What is more terrifying? A scrawny thin little Guy who trys to scare you with a Stick or 200Kg Big Fat Guy who is trying to scare you as he "rolls" torwards you...

Being a life long Student and teacher of Martial Arts....umm.... The scrawny skinny guy with a stick.
A big fat guy worries me not. It is not hard to let him wear himself out and then go in for the kill so to speak.
I understand the point you are trying to make but therein lies the truth.
Fat out of shape people are no challenge to authoritahhh.
This is precicely why they have done everything in their power to create a country of Fat, out of shape, and complacent
citizens.

IMO of course.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Bahrain Police firing into crowd.

Audio Account of Police/Protester Clash

Video of Protesters Fleeing

Police and Protesters Clash in Financial District
edit on 13-3-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Supporters of the rulers of Bahrain threatened about 5,000 university students protesting against the government at Bahrain University Sunday, eyewitnesses said. The government denied that unjustified force was used.

Elsewhere in the strategically important kingdom, riot police fired tear gas at protesters to break up the blockade of a highway, the government said.
links.visibli.com...

Saudi Troops sent to Bahrain(Tehran Times)

Following an increase in protests over recent days, confrontations between protestors and police on Sunday 13 March, reports of protestors establishing roadblocks, and reports that the Saudi National Guard will enter Bahrain, we also advise British nationals currently in Bahrain to remain at home until further notice.
UK Government Website

800 Injured in Bahrain Clashes

Bahrain Protest Overtakes Police

Bahraini Protesters Seal Off Financial District

Slide show of Pictures of Protest(Graphic)
Warning Graphic Video from Hospital where Wounded Protesters Rushed

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

skinny guy with a stick huh?

here in the south that big fat guy usually works a farm, commercial fishing, plumber, logger, or handyman. mostly pretty tough dudes. avg height 6ft and always over 200 lbs, every truck has a gun, knows how to shoot, hunt, and punks every skinny little , hair gelled, martial arts (mma wannbe) in a rice burner with rims.

no offense, but ill take the redneck anyday in a confrontation against authority. read about the ww1 vets vs the national guard/coal mining conglomerates. your little stick and marginal fighting skills vs a gun, really?

no offense, but seriously, americans are alot tougher than people let on. usually its the desk jockey white collar skinny guys who are into martial arts.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Good god man you just going to let yourself be trolld like that huh come on man rise above it do you know how many people want to derail this thread to hide the truth? baiting man baiting.

Anyway all i see in the video is one group of people trying to kill another group of people who killed some people because they were "just following orders" i guess all that have acquired power really ARE afraid to lose it ... D:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the videos guys.

It's amazing the things happening while we sit in our homes watching reruns of 3 day old videos in Japan.

Japan is a disaster. No doubt about it. But we can't forget what people are fighting for in other Countries.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sending foreign troops to oppress the locals is a VERY bad thing.. ! It looks more like the government of Bahrain understands that the local police is made up of citizens, so they call foreign troops , hoping for more obedience in taking orders and avoid compassionate feeling for the people. This is very wrong, and the army of the little country should stand such foreign intervention against their own population..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
Sending foreign troops to oppress the locals is a VERY bad thing.. !

Kinda like the recent handshake between Harper and Obama:

Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Canada, U.S. Sign Agreement To Use Each Other’s Military In Civil Emergencies"

nationalreformsociety.blogspot.com...

And with only a whisper....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
wow just wow thats what i call some pissed off people...That one dude in the black (first video) was about 20yrds. out in front running at the police...what a stud lol. These videos just made my day...You see i have never understood how few can hold back many. I have seen riots where there are like 100 thousand people and like 5000 police and the people lose.. never makes sense, but i guess the people are finally getting it.

Reminds me of the speech in Braveheart..."Run and you shall live, but for how long. if dying in your beds many years from now, would you give one chance, just one chance to stand on this field and tell them they can take your lives but never take our FREEDOM!!!!!!" que the bagpipes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

thanx man!!

for snapping me out of it. this thread is so worthy of genuine discussion, and I got baited for sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Spoken like a true internet tough guy.
I think your digital ego has gotten the best of you my friend.
Either that or you have been introduced to alot of pussies in your life.

I'd love to see your skills in the ring or out for that matter.
Everyone is a tough guy when they are behind a keyboard.
If you honestly wouldn't be worried about a skinny guy with a stick then you live
a sheltered life.

the point is,
Americans are too fat and lazy to effectively overthrow the system.
I have seen enough fat steel mill workin rednecks get their asses handed to them
by an in shape dedicated albiet "skinny" man who knows how to swing a stick to know what I am talking about here.

To each his own.
Just don't rely too heavily on your fat, redneck, Loggin' buddies to get you out of a jam when it's time to do a ten mile march to the Capitol Building or some such scenario.

As for me,
Hardly a desk Jocky.
230 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal and able to run a 6 min mile.
So, I am at least pretty confident in my ability to walk a few steps without keeling over and dying.
But hey, what do I know?
I have only been doing this my whole life.

I hope and pray that the people of this country are able, not just willing, to take a stand soon.
That's the only point I'm trying to make.
But, whatever man.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join