It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Japan gets to be too unstable where would they go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I am familiar with Maslov however how does he explain the whole concept of honor? real selflessness? i think that in dire times people do things that are entirely out of line with that concept, with no fear of death or injury to oneself. i have been there myself, i ran into a burning house at 10 yrs old to get my baby sister...

honestly my take on it is...i dont know

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

I am sure that if the entire island became uninhabitable, nations would take in the people. Probably not the whole group into one country. The Japanese people have been an asset overall in nations to which they have immigrated, so I doubt there would be a lot of resistance to their presence in most first world countries today.

BUT.............it is highly unlikely that anything about Japan is going to become so significantly different that there would be a mass exodus. Japan has always been prone to Earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wonderful humanitarian suggestion, OP...and a few others....but do any of you have an idea
Just what the Japanese people have lived through and still become who they are?

The US brought the first taste of nuclear power by shoving "Little Boy" and "Fat Man" down their throats
to end WWII....they persevered, rebuilt, and did so with honor. They have lived through so many natural
disasters, and still have managed to keep on going.

Why dishonor them by suggesting they abondon their country at this time when every other country in the world that is able to help should be helping instead of sending the man forces for purposes of war...use them for support...there in lies the honor and strength for everyone.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Why dishonor them by suggesting they abondon their country at this time when every other country in the world that is able to help should be helping instead of sending the man forces for purposes of war...use them for support...there in lies the honor and strength for everyone.

As i stated in the title of my thread...IF the Island became too unstable, what would they do, where would they go?

With respect and due to the Japanese being such an honorable people, is why I would offer them a place in my home country. it is no dishonor to take in a homeless friend, it is quite the opposite in fact.

that is not the circumstance they face at this point however and i agree they will persevere and we should support their efforts 110%

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
It is my firm opinion that the USA should step up and offer the entire nation of Japan a new home, right here in the united states. We have tons of undeveloped land and free open spaces, it could be an excuse to wipe out our debt in entirety to the nation of japan and do a good deed in the process.

I don't think Japan is really friends with the US. I do believe they are our enemies and would like nothing more to get inside our gates as an entire country. You might even ask the question if whether this nuclear meltdown was planned in order for them to petition the US to let their masses relocate to America. It would be no different than what the Jews did after WWII to get the world to agree to them moving into Israel. The Japanese are very clever, just look at their martial arts techniques. How they often allow an attacker to think they are down and out before delivering an unexpected counterattack.

I once had a dream that the US was divided and owned by different countries or groups. Now I don't think it was the past because when I came to a state border trying to go into another country there were solidiers with futuristic black gear with helmets so you couldn't see their faces. People and families were camped out at borders for days hoping the authorities from both territories or states would permit them to leave one area and enter another. It was terrible dream actually.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

wow talk about tin foil hat wearing paranoid nut jobs....guess you know one or two of em too...

Japan hasnt been at odds with the USA for 60+ years... the Japanese accepted defeat with honor and moved on... in the top 3 economies in the world! they are a respectable people and you need to get out of your basement every now and again and get to know about other cultures geez

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Now we know what the national armies are supposed to do. Natural disaster relief repair and rebuild. Courtesy of the military. This is the only true value of those forces. Some think war games are funner. Why do you think they recruit so young? At some point someone has to get real.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Palestine

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

It's outside of the system, just like transcendence. It's a tool that generalizes the human condition, and is imperfect, as are we all.

I'll admit that true selflessness does exist. The way I understand it is pretty straight forward. It benefits our species, so some of us have evolved to have the propensity for such noble instincts. Perhaps it's within us all, but various social/cultural conditionings have desensitized us to these callings. All I know is that I wouldn't trust the vast majority of people to act truly selflessly to save me.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by MaryStillToe

wow talk about tin foil hat wearing paranoid nut jobs....guess you know one or two of em too...

Japan hasnt been at odds with the USA for 60+ years... the Japanese accepted defeat with honor and moved on... in the top 3 economies in the world! they are a respectable people and you need to get out of your basement every now and again and get to know about other cultures geez

You know nothing about me. I have actually travelled to Japan and interacted with people who are very close to members of the Japanese government so I think you really shouldn't make baseless assumptions.

I have no issue with Japanese people as a whole and admire their level of discipline and dedication. However, that being said, the Japanese people like many asian cultures are programmed to work towards the pursuits that will benefit the greater community. They very much believe in their honor and I don't believe for one second that they have forgetten about the attacks they sustained in WWII. I think it's naive to think otherwise.

Japan has been keeping their currency artificially low for years. Where do you think China has learned this from? If you think they haven't been trying to own our country via trade and economics, you need to read a book and get a clue.

Japan and their government would very much like to rule the world. Their aspirations are no different than Russia, China, Germany, US, etc. They just chose to use more subtle methods, at first anyway.

edit on 13-3-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i would rather have a japanese overlord than chinese....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join