It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments fail to warn of Psychosis producing drug freely available. Got some in your kitchen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
How reliable is all that phd info on the website? as opposed to talking too a reguarl docotr or typical medical knowledge?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Rome hears your concerns citizen, therefore I am issuing the following proclamation, as follows:

No citizen may drink anything but water, or eat anything but unleavened gluten free bread!

The Patricians as always may continue to consume what they want.

Penalty for citizens drinking anything but water, or eating anything but gluten free unleavened bread is death by crucifixion along the Appian Way!

Happy now?

well, I might have to smear myself with woad and be a barbarian Briton, if it comes to just bread and water.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm allergic to caffeine. I have to be extremely careful when drinking tea or coffee or beverages or it flips me out, gives me massive panic attacks. I can drink some maybe a few times a year if i know i feel up to it. other than that i steer clear, because Ive had to call an ambulance a few times back when i was drinking full glasses of ice sweet coffee by the pot full...shhht will kill you

it sure is yummy

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I was up to a 64 once bottle of died Mountain Dew for about 6 months and realized I was starting to get the symptoms of Aspartame poisoning. Itchy face and eyeballs. Constant wild hair feeling on the face so I decided to cut out the Mt. Dew cold turkey. Never had a panic attack before. I just couldn't sit still. I was like that all night. Next day went to work with my usual bottle of Mt. Dew and drank about half of it and it all went away.

Went and bought 2 24 packs and cut down to 3 cans a day and then two and now I sporadically drink a can every other day.

Guess I'll try to stay away from it. And the wild hair feeling is gone now too.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by InnerTruths
I know if I drink too much caffeine especially after a certain time of day I develop really bad ass anxiety, so this does not surprise me.
But I love my coffee... I will never have more than 3 cups (max!)

ass anxiety? is this a medical term? do tell more!

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not...

Thanks for adding some valuable opinion on the thread, btw.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
in 1996 myself and a colleague worked on an emergency job from a friday 6pm approx to sunday night 10pm approx. we drank one cup of strong excellent popular brand coffee on the hour every hour. this was agreed from the outset as continuous labour in stints like these can be taxing. we also ate on the go and by around mid afternoon on the sunday, it was amusing to watch a grown man shuffling around attempting to multitask. his eyes were bloodshot, his speech was slurred and he couldn't add up for toffee, even basic arithmetic was too much for the guy. i myself stayed awake for another several hours until the nodding dog got me. i love coffee but nowadays its down to 6 a day max.
those were the nomad days!
f

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

it souly depends on what you are will ing to discuss about ,

they used to say acid made a 4 month therapy session into 4 hours and i agree
but it souly is what you talk about

if you dont open up
we cant respond

what matters must be heard and fixed
by compassion and idle ear

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Alcohol is more likely to cause psycosis than coffee.
edit on 14-3-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Let's define psychosis:

Delusions and or hallucinations are the positive signs of psychosis. Positive meaning they are present.

Delusions:

A delusion is a belief that is clearly false and that indicates an abnormality in the affected person's content of thought. The false belief is not accounted for by the person's cultural or religious background or his or her level of intelligence. The key feature of a delusion is the degree to which the person is convinced that the belief is true. A person with a delusion will hold firmly to the belief regardless of evidence to the contrary. Delusions can be difficult to distinguish from overvalued ideas, which are unreasonable ideas that a person holds, but the affected person has at least some level of doubt as to its truthfulness. A person with a delusion is absolutely convinced that the delusion is real.

Delusions are a symptom of either a medical, neurological, or mental disorder. Delusions may be present in any of the following mental disorders:

* psychotic disorders, or disorders in which the affected person has a diminished or distorted sense of reality and cannot distinguish the real from the unreal, including schizophrenia , schizoaffective disorder , delusional disorder , schizophreniform disorder , shared psychotic disorder , brief psychotic disorder , and substance-induced psychotic disorder
* bipolar disorder
* major depressive disorder with psychotic features
* delirium
* dementia

Overvalued ideas may be present in anorexia nervosa , obsessive-compulsive disorder , body dysmorphic disorder , or hypochondriasis .
Types

Delusions are categorized as either bizarre or non-bizarre and as either mood-congruent or mood-incongruent. A bizarre delusion is a delusion that is very strange and completely implausible for the person's culture; an example of a bizarre delusion would be that aliens have removed the affected person's brain . A non-bizarre delusion is one whose content is definitely mistaken, but is at least possible; an example may be that the affected person mistakenly believes that he or she is under constant police surveillance. A mood-congruent delusion is any delusion whose content is consistent with either a depressive or manic state; for example, a depressed person may believe that the world is ending, or a person in a manic state (a state in which the person feels compelled to take on new projects, has a lot of energy, and needs little sleep) believes that he or she has special talents or abilities, or is a famous person. A mood-in congruent delusion is any delusion whose content is not consistent with either a depressed or manic state or is mood-neutral. An example is a depressed person who believes that thoughts are being inserted into his or her mind from some outside force, person, or group of people, and these thoughts are not recognized as the person's own thoughts (called "thought insertion").

Mind Disorders

Hallucinations:

in the broadest sense of the word, is a perception in the absence of a stimulus. In a stricter sense, hallucinations are defined as perceptions in a conscious and awake state in the absence of external stimuli which have qualities of real perception, in that they are vivid, substantial, and located in external objective space. The latter definition distinguishes hallucinations from the related phenomena of dreaming, which does not involve wakefulness; illusion, which involves distorted or misinterpreted real perception; imagery, which does not mimic real perception and is under voluntary control; and pseudo hallucination, which does not mimic real perception, but is not under voluntary control.[1] Hallucinations also differ from "delusional perceptions", in which a correctly sensed and interpreted genuine perception is given some additional (and typically bizarre) significance.

wikipedia

To say, "coffee produces psychosis" in my opinion is an overstatement. Yes, if you drink 6-7 cups a day I do believe a person has the potential to hallucinate. But no different than if you are sleep deprived 24+ hours. Common sense and things in moderation will not produce " psychosis"

Let's remember there are 2 sides to this coin. Coffee has amazing medicinal benefits as well.

Blood pressure. Results from long-term studies are showing that coffee may not increase the risk for high blood pressure over time, as previously thought. Study findings for other cardiovascular effects are a mixed bag.

Cancer. Coffee might have anti-cancer properties. Last year, researchers found that coffee drinkers were 50% less likely to get liver cancer than nondrinkers. A few studies have found ties to lower rates of colon, breast, and rectal cancers.

Cholesterol. Two substances in coffee — kahweol and cafestol — raise cholesterol levels. Paper filters capture these substances, but that doesn’t help the many people who now drink non-filtered coffee drinks, such as lattes. Researchers have also found a link between cholesterol increases and decaffeinated coffee, possibly because of the type of bean used to make certain decaffeinated coffees.

Diabetes. Heavy coffee drinkers may be half as likely to get diabetes as light drinkers or nondrinkers. Coffee may contain chemicals that lower blood sugar. A coffee habit may also increase your resting metabolism rate, which could help keep diabetes at bay.

Parkinson’s disease. Coffee seems to protect men, but not women, against Parkinson’s disease. One possible explanation for the sex difference may be that estrogen and caffeine need the same enzymes to be metabolized, and estrogen captures those enzymes.

Harvard.edu

Now in this same stance, the government failed to tell us of these. why? Because they want your money. The money we pay to Big pharma and private insurance for preventive measures. I mean face it they make money when we are ill and kept that way.

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

I think you have a point here. My in-laws, who are in their 80's drink pots and pots and pots of coffee, from sun up to sundown. They sometimes appear to be in another zone where they cannot leave their comfort zone of home and their six cats. They can't even vist their grandkids because they "don't want to leave their cats in boarding for that long lest they become anxious (the cats). I've always wondered about that......yet they lambast anyone who might be "fat" or addicted to alcohol or drugs. Caffeine babbleez is another side effect....talking a million miles a minute without making any sense at all. Hello- is not caffeine a drug?

edit on 14-3-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

cats huh?

you might want to check out my other thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It IS a "mind altering drug". I can't count how many people I've heard say "I HAVE to have 'my' morning coffee". An addict is an addict is an addict.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't doubt that coffee has this effect on some people - note to self: cut back on the java- however to play devils advocate for a moment....

One of the reasons people take stimulants is to remain alert. Many have said "I need my coffee to wake up/function"

What if, the caffeine is just helping people see the world as it really is, and that alertness, that clarity creates an automatic "fight or flight" response. Ie we are in a state of absolute societal collapse which is only observable by those who aren't asleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join