It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA to retest airport body scanners for radiation, radiation levels 10 times higher than expected.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

TSA to retest airport body scanners for radiation, radiation levels 10 times higher than expected.

www.usatoday.com

The Transportation Security Administration announced Friday that it would retest every full-body X-ray scanner that emits ionizing radiation — 247 machines at 38 airports — after maintenance records on some of the devices showed radiation levels 10 times higher than expected.

The TSA says that the records reflect math mistakes and that all the machines are safe.

In the past, the TSA has failed to properly monitor and ensure the safety of X-ray devices used on luggage. A 2008 report by the wor
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is alarming, whether the reports are true or incorrect, either way it's alarming.

On one hand they cannot monitor radiation levels properly and on the other hand..... they lied!

But noooooo.... let's trust Govt. anyhow, after all they have the best wishes for us and our healths, right?

Govt. cannot take care of this properly, the airline industry should be taking care of safety, not Govt., and pilots should be allowed guns in the cockpit.

Even Govt. doesn't allow ships to have guns so it's easy for Somalian pirates to subdue.

Never allow the business to protect themselves but let the Govt. do a horrible job that strip civil liberties and is just ineffective?

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Que the I told you so's.

Glad i never went through them.

Can you say, Sterile?

Oh well...The sheeple are the enemy of the Illuminati, of course they are doing everything in their power to harm us, this shouldn't come to a surprise to anyone here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I hate the TSA!

The end.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Can you say, Sterile?

Actually that is very true
because the coin-purse area has the body's most thinnest skin

radioactive balls, I wonder if can it not only cause sterility but birth defects

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Of course birth defects, cancer, and other stuff too. Its radiation, but there are so many different wave lengths of radiation and some worse then others. But it can be extremely bad, to a point of even operating the machines wouldn't be a good idea, maybe just avoid the airport all together..

Although i wouldn't know, i have no results to go off of. Just speculation, but still i steer clear anyways..better safe then sorry
edit on 11-3-2011 by Quickfix because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
maybe just avoid the airport all together..

avoiding the airports is a start but that's only addressing a symptom of the problem
the problem is Govt. doing something it should not

Please see these two very relevant threads... in order
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think they are relevant

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is not a surprised. We live in a country where things are pushed through for profit or "safety" without proper tests. I wouldn't be surprised if 0 years from now people who flew a lot for business all of a sudden has cancer sued the TSA.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

There is no government...its a corporation.

Check my signature says it from their own book.

It's a bit harder to avoid the corporation.

Well heres a good video i thought would go good with my response about the corp. thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well I won't say "I told you so!"

oh wait....

Radiation - Safe Never thought I would see those two words used together. They also have ZERO results on the frequent flier. Radiation dose is accumulative. X-ray techs provide you with a shield to prevent ANY CAHNCE of sterility. The tech leaves the room before hitting that switch.

Now get this..

TSA workers, experts worry about radiation exposure

TSA agents stand near a full-body scanner at Los Angeles International Airport on Nov. 22. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that the TSA takes steps to protect workers against excessive exposures to radiation.

www.usatoday.com...

RIGHT lets make sure the TSA are protected... uh huh...

When investigators with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's workplace safety team visited a dozen airports in 2003 and 2004, what they found was disturbing — at least to federal airport workers. Although most radiation levels around baggage X-ray machines were low, six of 281 machines used to screen checked luggage violated federal radiation standards, some emitting two or three times the allowed limit, the CDC found. Perhaps most troubling, the CDC had found what the Transportation Security Administration hadn't noticed. The TSA and its contractors had failed to identify the machines that were emitting excessive radiation — a failure that continues to leave TSA workers and some lawmakers uneasy, especially as the agency continues to deploy hundreds of controversial radiation-emitting machines to help screen passengers.

Inaccurate TSA radiation data ‘unacceptable,’ senator says

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) on Friday said it is "unacceptable" that the Transportation Security Administration has been collecting inaccurate data about the radiation levels of body-scanning technology. TSA began posting radiation data on its website to allay fears that the body-scanner technology is unsafe. The technology became widely used in airports after a Nigerian man was accused in 2009 of attempting to blow up a jetliner with a bomb hidden in his underwear.
 TSA released the radiation data Friday while cautioning that some of it was flawed. TSA said it would retest all radiation-emitting equipment that produced inaccurate data.

thehill.com...

So this is what the PTB has in mind Mass Sterilization

Well okay maybe a tad over reaction

TSA Agents Complain Over Body Scanner Radiation Exposure
TSA refusal to release radiation inspection reports raises concern among workers
www.prisonplanet.com...

TSA caught in more radiation lies - The Douglass Report
douglassreport.com...

This may be a good thing. Radiation scares people. Even the PTB don't want to get zapped. They can't keep control if they can't breed

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Get cancer or get sexually assaulted by a TSA agent...take your pick

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Cancer or sexual assault? I'll take sexual assault since it's not going to increase my risk of premature death.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by finalword
Cancer or sexual assault? I'll take sexual assault since it's not going to increase my risk of premature death.

Oh yeah?

[Important] TSA and Venereal Disease and YOU!,

And in case you have doubts hear it is from the TSA'a own blog

Two Scabies Cases Reported at Boston Logan International Airport
blog.tsa.gov...

Why you think they wear those blue gloves? And they DON'T change them between gropes... so you better hope the guy before you was 'healthy'

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Those machine operators, are doomed. And travellers who often fly, should take a check up.
Its all about accumulation in your body, you can only take so much

I've heard radiologist talking

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We can and in fact do moan and groan about the Government all day long but the sad truth is anyone, and I do mean anyone who goes through these machines simply does not have any self respect.

Want to be treated like a common criminal, when you know you are not, just to be able to do something legal?

You have NO self respect.

Want to be humiliated, distrustred, talked down to, viewed as less than human just so you can get from point a to point b quicker?

Well, YOU HAVE NO SELF RESPECT.

We don't just have the idiots in government that have no respect for the people, we have all the idiots who reward the government for having no respect for the people, who voluntarily, willingly, and sometimes all to happily go through these machines and actually pay (the airlines) for the abuse.

Nothing will ever change in regards to the problems the nation faces until people realize it's the people who have to solve them, and that the government not only is not going to, but works hard to create the nation's problems in the first place.

14 Trillion dollars in debt and people are looking for the government to solve problems?

That's like looking at your neighbor who's checking account is overdrawn, credit cards are all maxed out, car(s) and home(s) are in default, to give you advice on how to live your life.

Nancy Regan said it best: Just say no!

edit on 12/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Maybe they can "retest" what it's like to hit yourself in the face with a bat. I heard the results are inconclusive and it needs further study from a highly-funded government agency.

They can't keep Actual weapons, and real contraband out of PRISON. In prison, they look IN your ASS.

How far do we really wanna go with this TSA thing folks. I think it's time we all make a decision on that one, before it becomes something so monstrous, that it's either protested with extreme violence and carnage, or becomes a horrible dystopian nightmare. Either outcome is a win for those who conduct these policies.
edit on 12-3-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
This may be a good thing. Radiation scares people. Even the PTB don't want to get zapped.
This is why this issue will get some attention even when others don't...because TPTB fly and they don't want to get zapped by poorly maintained or malfunctioning machines either.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Curious, because in the litigation industry, accidental or unneccessary radiation exposure in any amount is a tort and usually brings big money to the lawyer, er, I mean the plaintiff.
I predict whordes[sic] of 'officers of the court' descending onto the capital, and suing the american citizens fully into bankruptcy over this over their shocking lack of foresight in their reckless disregard for themselves in this matter.
edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: i got nothing to hide

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
just wait a bunch of people will start showing up with weird illnesses that mimic radiation sickness several of them tsa workers but several others won't so no link will be allowed to be made to the scanners by the goverment. the goverment will say they have no idea what is making these people deathly sick and the scary part is more and more people will be coming down with this sickness . the real link will be discovered that the sick people are tsa workers and very frequent flyers and other airport workers but gov. will still deny any link to scanners to keep from getting sued.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
but doesnt radio active material infect other material around it self ,
and shouldent constant usage of something radioactive then contaminate the rest of the boarding control space area ?

so not only are the passanger at risk but the workers who work around the area , everything from security to janitors to just by standers ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join