It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says 'I grew up in Hawaii' .. but not born there

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

He is a liar, sorry but its true

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Explain then why Kevin Rudd was fired for? Any nation where it's leaders could be fired without one public debate or quorom is not one I consider truly free.

Australia elects a party, not a single leader..
The party decides who the leader is and can change at any time..

IMO a better scenario to that of the US where you are stuck with the same president regardless of public opinion of him..

The Crown, TPTB choose your leader as the parties are puppets of them. This is how Monarchies are ran.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

The Crown, TPTB choose your leader as the parties are puppets of them. This is how Monarchies are ran.

Well being that you say we must believe you because you're in the top 25% in IQ, what can I say ??

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Again you show your ignorance, The "crown" has no say at all in the running of Australia, nor in choosing their leaders.

Krudd was sacked by his own party as he was useless.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Rudd saw Australia as it's own entity and TPTB couldn't have that so they cooked up something to get him fired.

I can't say when or where I learned of this but do trust it is real.

Besides, this thread is about Obama and not The Crown as I can say with the uttmost and total confidence unequivicolly that The United States Of America now answers to her people and no other monarch, banking insitution or foreign individuals unless authourized and pre-approved by The Office Of The President Of The United States.
edit on 13-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Rudd saw Australia as it's own entity and TPTB couldn't have that so they cooked up something to get him fired.
I can't say when or where I learned of this but do trust it is real.

I suggest you get some facts mate..
No one that ever worked with Rudd liked him...

He was not fired either..
He is still in the party..
In fact he is the current Foreign Affairs Minister..

Maybe with your high IQ you should try to separate fact from fiction..

edit on 13-3-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

I feel this is straw grasping. I always refer to my birthplace as "where I grew up". Rarely do I go as far as "born and raised [city]".

Edit: Wow
ten pages on this topic alone for wording?
edit on 13-3-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
"Born and raised" is a very common phrase to describe your upbringings. Of course Obummer didn't say that particular phrase because it doesn't apply.

I hail from Singapore.

Obama being educated understands there are many ways to express an idea. English is a rich language. You should take a course in it sometime.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goal Shack
Is this what a conversation might be like with you?
Me - Do you live in (hypothetical) Chicago?
You - Yea I grew up there.
Me - So where were you born?
You - Chicago! God you're a dumbass, I just said it!
Me - No, you said you grew up there, not that you were born there. You could have been born in Russia like my friend but moved and grown up in Illinois, where he doesn't remember any of Russia. Like how Obama was born in Kenya and grew up in Hawai'i? Dick.

Try being realistic here.
Me - Why would you say you are familiar with Japanese culture?
Obama - Because I was born in Hawaii.
me - Born there? What does that have to do with anything?
Obama - Well, I grew up there around Japanese culture.
Me- Then why didn't you just say you grew up there? Being born there tells me nothing about why you would relate to a certain culture.
Obama - Oh, well I grew up there and that is when and how I became familiar with Japanese culture.
You - See, he is backpeddling on where he was born.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Odd though, I don't see it that way..
I see 4 so emotionally involved it's like they are employed to do it..
But that's just IMO..

That is odd considering the number of posts put into this by you alone compared to those 4 people. Imagine how I might see it for a moment.
My only emotional investment is with the truth. This whole birther thing is one of the biggest piles of crap I have ever seen spend so much time in the sun without vanishing and that intrigues me. To see people from Australia spend so much time and effort in repeating old lies really tickles me but emotionally invested? Well, I guess you can think whatever you want. Even if it sounds silly.

BS, some call Australia the 51st state..

Some would be wrong. There are only 50.

But the argument that Obama said he grew up in Hawaii instead of being born there to explain time he spent growing up coupled with this idea that Australia is the 51st state has to be some of the best birther stuff yet. You have to wonder why anyone would take so much time to spread so much nonsense about a country that is not even their own, don't you?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Don't know about others, but I was born in Ohio, but basically grew up in Iowa.

And that's exactly what I say if either state comes up in conversation.

I always say I grew up in Iowa, but I never say I was born there. Likewise for Ohio, I say I was born there, but I never say I grew up there.

Just saying ...

I thought you were born in Rome?

Originally posted by centurion1211

Also, based on a past life regression, consider myself a reincarnated Roman soldier.

Salvate!

As far as what the POTUS said...."I grew up in Hawaii"....WTF is wrong with birthers where they read something crazy into it?

Let's take a look back...

""I didn't grow up in the ocean -- as a matter of fact -- near the ocean -- I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008

So does this mean GWB was born in ...I don't know...Somalia? We can just make crap up right?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

You are not even trying.

""I didn't grow up in the ocean --

Notice how he did not say he was not born in the ocean. Something to think about. Perhaps his allegiance is to Neptune.

as a matter of fact -- near the ocean -- I grew up in the desert.

As a matter of fact indeed. He says he grew up in the desert but not BORN in the desert, only further confirming he was born in the ocean.

Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean.
So he had not seen the ocean since he was born in it, obviously.

And I particularly like it when I'm fishing."

Clearly trying to word this in such a way as to sound like a complete idiot as part of that ruse. Overcompensating for what would be clear evidence of an Atlantean brain at work.

--George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008

It's like Jazz. It is all about crap you dont hear, read, see, or are able to confirm, back up, or sometimes even say in person with a straight face.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

Originally posted by jjkenobi
"Born and raised" is a very common phrase to describe your upbringings. Of course Obummer didn't say that particular phrase because it doesn't apply.

I hail from Singapore.

Obama being educated understands there are many ways to express an idea. English is a rich language. You should take a course in it sometime.

Brilliant! No amount of education or debate will change the OP's mind. Delusions die hard, after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join