It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says 'I grew up in Hawaii' .. but not born there

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by backinblack
I'm told I'm the one with emotional interest yet there's at least 4 posters that seem to do nothing but defend Obama..
I don’t have any emotional investment, I’m just “asking questions.” I’m allowed to do that as well right?

Probably the usual useless excuse that everyone thought someone else had done it..
Happens often..
The intelligence agencies forgot to do a background check on the President-elect? It “happens often”? Can you elaborate?

Don't give him the satisfaction whereas it is mandated by Federal election law that a full FBI background cheque must be performed on all persons that seek national office.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

The intelligence agencies forgot to do a background check on the President-elect? It “happens often”? Can you elaborate?

Isn't it the electoral roll's job?

But anyways..It's known a long form has never been asked for so how could they properly check ??
It's not possible without it..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If there was any truth to birther rhetoric then Joe Biden is the dumbest man to ever live on this planet because he could simply out his boss and instantly become the most powerful man in the western world, a hero to all, and ensure himself his place in history for the foreseeable future.

He'd be bigger than Lincoln.

Never mind the endless stream of Repubicans who could do the same if there was any meat on the bones of the birther movement.

And yet their inactions speaks volumes. No?

BTW I am not an Obama fanboy. I just like truth and facts.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

- all while wearing the burden of being the first person from your race to hold the job...
edit on 3/11/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

Please tell me sir what race is obama then?
he is just as much white as he is black is he not?

Or are you just claiming him to be black because you want to feel better inside about electing a black man?lol

Or does the black gene override the white gene and therefore never mentioned again?lol

If he was born and looked white like some interracial kids do.
and you couldn't tell he had black in him...
Would you still claim he is the first black president?

I am not trying to flame on ya don't take this post wrong good sir.
It's just i hear this a lot and it makes no sense to me.

It's like people see his skin color and go he is the first black president and cry oh what a great day in history.
with no after thought.
He isnt black he is mixed.
He is a 50/50 split...
raised by white people..not his dad.
that is not a A typical black guy is it?

Either way i will drip it lol just i subject i can not grasp lol

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

If there was any truth to birther rhetoric then Joe Biden is the dumbest man to ever live on this planet because he could simply out his boss and instantly become the most powerful man in the western world, a hero to all, and ensure himself his place in history for the foreseeable future.

Why ??
Wouldn't it mean the whole election is void or even that the opposition won ??
i don't see how Biden would get in..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Easily answered - he is the first President of obvious and traceable African ancestry. Kennedy was the first Catholic, which did cause issues for him. And there will be other firsts in the future.

But to think that there aren't some people who dislike Obama simply because of the color of his skin is naive. I do not think that all who dislike him have racist motives, but some do. To ignore this fact is to do a disservice to rational social debate.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The election would not be voided. In a case where a President is removed from office, the line of succession begins. If both Biden and Obama were removed, then Boehner would be President - a Republican with everything to gain... So why is HE not screaming from rooftops?

~Heff

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

He'd be bigger than Lincoln.

Never mind the endless stream of Repubicans who could do the same if there was any meat on the bones of the birther movement.

And yet their inactions speaks volumes. No?

BTW I am not an Obama fanboy. I just like truth and facts.

~Heff

Biden wouldn't last a week as President. I think the only reason President Obama picked Biden to run as his Vice President was as an insurance policy to dissuade impeachment attempts or assassination attempts.

As for this Birther debate, I don't see a real debate. Either way you look at it, President Obama is unfit for office. He is too childish, immature and jerkish to be President for allowing such a nuisance to continue. He should have counter-sued the birther legal action and presented iron-clad evidence in a court of law, settling this distraction once and for all.

But instead he drags it on as part of the next election cycle or to make it easier to label dissidents to his policies as racist? Either way childish. Unless he has something to hide.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

The election would not be voided. In a case where a President is removed from office, the line of succession begins. If both Biden and Obama were removed, then Boehner would be President - a Republican with everything to gain... So why is HE not screaming from rooftops?

~Heff

Removed from office infers a legitimate president who has done something wrong..
If the birthers are correct then I don't see it being the same thing..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Biden wouldn't last a week as President. I think the only reason President Obama picked Biden to run as his Vice President was as an insurance policy to dissuade impeachment attempts or assassination attempts.

Great speculation but nothing factual at all stated here.

Originally posted by korathin

As for this Birther debate, I don't see a real debate. Either way you look at it, President Obama is unfit for office. He is too childish, immature and jerkish to be President for allowing such a nuisance to continue. He should have counter-sued the birther legal action and presented iron-clad evidence in a court of law, settling this distraction once and for all.

But instead he drags it on as part of the next election cycle or to make it easier to label dissidents to his policies as racist? Either way childish. Unless he has something to hide.

Pure opinion with no legal or factual relevance. One cannot state that failure to react to an attack somehow infers that the attack was justified.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Isn't it the electoral roll's job?
Congress can raise objections at the time of the counting of the electoral votes, as per 3 USC 15, yes. We were talking about the background check though.

Do you honestly believe no intelligence agency did a background check on Obama? Even though he was going to get access to top secret information, not to mention the nuclear codes.

Removed from office infers a legitimate president who has done something wrong..
Says who? What’s your basis for this claim?

If the birthers are correct then I don't see it being the same thing..
Hefficide is correct. If the President is removed, then the Vice-President becomes President. If the Vice-President is removed, can’t serve, dies, etc then the Speaker of the House becomes President.

That’s in the 20th Amendment and the Presidential Succession Act, codified at 3 USC 19.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Hefficide is correct. If the President is removed, then the Vice-President becomes President. If the Vice-President is removed, can’t serve, dies, etc then the Speaker of the House becomes President.

That’s in the 20th Amendment and the Presidential Succession Act, codified at 3 USC 19.

I would have thought it would be a different scenario if proven he should never have been president in the first place..
In that situation, couldn't it be argued that his opponent actually won ??

I'd say McCain would certainly argue the point..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

This is so cool..
I'm told I'm the one with emotional interest yet there's at least 4 posters that seem to do nothing but defend Obama..
I didn't know he had that many kids..

You are looking at it the wrong way. Instead of seeing 4 people "doing nothing but" defending Obama, see it as 4 people taking the time to tell you that you are wrong. Sometimes, it really is all about you.

P.S. In the same time I have been telling you that you are wrong, I have been tending my garden, watching SNL, playing Bulletstorm, and making cupcakes. So I guess emotional investment is pretty relative. Maybe it takes a lot more for some people to write a handful of forum posts over the course of a couple of hours.
edit on 13-3-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

This is so cool..
I didn't know he had that many kids..

You are looking at it the wrong way. Instead of seeing 4 people "doing nothing but" defending Obama, see it as 4 people taking the time to tell you that you are wrong. Sometimes, it really is all about you.

Odd though, I don't see it that way..
I see 4 so emotionally involved it's like they are employed to do it..
But that's just IMO..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
2011 Presidential Line Of Succession :

President of the United States Barack Obama
1 Vice President of the United States Joe Biden
2 Speaker of the House John Boehner
3 President pro tempore of the Senate Daniel Inouye
4 Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
5 Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner
6 Secretary of Defense Robert Gates*
7 Attorney General Eric Holder
8 Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar
9 Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
10 Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke
11 Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis
12 Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius
13 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan
14 Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood
15 Secretary of Energy Steven Chu
16 Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
17 Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki
18 Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I'd say McCain would certainly argue the point..

Great point! Now let us address why McCain is not pursuing the issue. Thoughts? Was he silenced by some evil and powerful cabal? Is he subjected to the "Chicago gang"? Is he implicit in the lie?

Or is it just that there is nothing for him to complain about?

~Heff

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Great point! Now let us address why McCain is not pursuing the issue. Thoughts? Was he silenced by some evil and powerful cabal? Is he subjected to the "Chicago gang"? Is he implicit in the lie?

Or is it just that there is nothing for him to complain about?

Or he's been in the game long enough to know how it works..
Considering what pollies get up to, it's amazing how very few longtime pollies are called out on major issues..
It's one big happy family..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
2011 Presidential Line Of Succession :

President of the United States Barack Obama
1 Vice President of the United States Joe Biden
2 Speaker of the House John Boehner
3 President pro tempore of the Senate Daniel Inouye
4 Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
5 Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner
6 Secretary of Defense Robert Gates*
7 Attorney General Eric Holder
8 Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar
9 Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
10 Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke
11 Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis
12 Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius
13 Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Shaun Donovan
14 Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood
15 Secretary of Energy Steven Chu
16 Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
17 Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki
18 Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano

Impressive list..
Wonder how many are duel citizens ??

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Or he's been in the game long enough to know how it works..
Considering what pollies get up to, it's amazing how very few longtime pollies are called out on major issues..
It's one big happy family..

There are career killing political scandals constantly. The public record tends to dispute this assertion.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

There are career killing political scandals constantly. The public record tends to dispute this assertion.

Really??
We mustn't hear about it here in Australia..
So how many long term pollies have been outed in say the last 3 years ?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join