It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says 'I grew up in Hawaii' .. but not born there

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
I would have thought it would be a different scenario if proven he should never have been president in the first place..
Even if in the future, somehow, it is proven that Obama wasn’t a natural-born citizen, nothing is ‘voided.’ That scenario has no basis in reality.

In that situation, couldn't it be argued that his opponent actually won ??
No... I don’t get it, we just told you what the law says when the President or the Vice-President can’t serve or don’t qualify.

Obama won the election. If he couldn’t serve, then Biden would be President. If Biden couldn’t serve then the Speaker of the House would be President.

Nowhere in the Constitution or federal law is there a condition where the loser of the election would become President, just by virtue of having lost to candidates who couldn’t qualify or serve.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Here is a partial list. Of course, if one needs a reasonable example to serve as a poster boy, then Richard Millhouse Nixon works.

~Heff
edit on 3/13/11 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

Nowhere in the Constitution or federal law is there a condition where the loser of the election would become President, just by virtue of having lost to candidates who couldn’t qualify or serve.

Sorry but I'd say it's perfectly arguable that in this situation McCain could argue he wasn't the loser..
He would have more votes than any eligible candidate..

It's never been tested so I don't see how you could state anything as fact..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by backinblack

Here is a partial list. Of course, if one needs a reasonable example to serve as a poster boy, then Richard Millhouse Nixon works.

~Heff
edit on 3/13/11 by Hefficide because: typo

I did say the last three years but still, that list is mainly short term pollies or criminal convictions..
I note the last guy was sentenced to 100 day jail for manslaughter in a car accident..
Got off light...
edit on 13-3-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

You mean other than what I’m saying is supported by the Constitution and federal law, and your scenario is entirely of your own creation, with no basis in the relevant laws?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by aptness

Sorry but I'd say it's perfectly arguable that in this situation McCain could argue he wasn't the loser..
He would have more votes than any eligible candidate..

If the candidate is found out to be ineligible after election and innauguration then the VPOTUS automatically becomes POTUS and does not divest to the loser of the contest. No backdoor elections here. This is the only thing that applies here, nothing else, I care not how you or the braindead GOP tries to spin this as this is the law and the law is the law.

Besides, quite frankly what is someone from Oz doing trying to interject their will into our legal processes? We do not do it to you so do not do it to us. In your home nation your PM can be removed from office just for going against the Crown.

More proof that people are braindead and incapable of formulating an original thought and put party above nation.

You personally have this deep rooted intense hatered for him that every single thread that puts Obama or the US down you are salivating like a rabid dog over found roadkill it is sickening and need mental help because the problem lies with you.
edit on 13-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Besides, quite frankly what is someone from Oz doing trying to interject their will into our legal processes? We do not do it to you so do not do it to us. In your home nation your PM can be removed from office just for going against the Crown.

BS, some call Australia the 51st state..
The US uses us as guinea pigs to see how we respond to unthinkable laws like taking our guns..

So don't tell me I can't comment on US processes, they're usually tried here first..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by deprogrammer

So, since he didn't specifically "I was born in Hawaii"...then that means he wasn't???

You birthers are something else. I always refer to "growing up" in my hometown...I rarely tell someone "I was born there and grew up there".

The obsession some people have with Obama is scary.
edit on 11-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

Since we're on the topic of saying things easily, how about being 'born and raised.' It's very easy to say. And since you mean 'born' without actually saying it, maybe you're the 'something else.'

Is this what a conversation might be like with you?
Me - Do you live in (hypothetical) Chicago?
You - Yea I grew up there.
Me - So where were you born?
You - Chicago! God you're a dumbass, I just said it!
Me - No, you said you grew up there, not that you were born there. You could have been born in Russia like my friend but moved and grown up in Illinois, where he doesn't remember any of Russia. Like how Obama was born in Kenya and grew up in Hawai'i? Dick.

Politicians and speech writers are very careful about their words. Rarely anything in a speech is an accident. Only simple slips and teleprompter malfunctions.
I'm not saying he wasn't born in America, but we can't be too sure. Definitive evidence hasn't necessarily been widely shown. Why don't you even consider the possibility he might be a foreigner; doesn't it seem like he's ruining the country enough to be one?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by aptness

You mean other than what I’m saying is supported by the Constitution and federal law, and your scenario is entirely of your own creation, with no basis in the relevant laws?

No, I'm saying that scenario has never been tested..
That's all...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

BS, some call Australia the 51st state..
The US uses us as guinea pigs to see how we respond to unthinkable laws like taking our guns..

So don't tell me I can't comment on US processes, they're usually tried here first..

Australia is a member nation of the following order :

The United Kingdom Of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and The Outerlying Commonwealths makes you a Commonwealth. Nice try but try again.

That is Britian, The Crown, TPTB who are manipulating Canberra into doing their bidding. Your nation has always been and will forever be a slave to the Crown.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The United Kingdom Of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and The Outerlying Commonwealths makes you a Commonwealth. Nice try but try again.

That is Britian, The Crown, TPTB who are manipulating Canberra into doing their bidding. Your nation has always been and will forever be a slave to the Crown.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it..
But ask the average Australian and they'll say we're a slave to the US..

Example, how many British bases in Australia compared to US bases ??

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it..
But ask the average Australian and they'll say we're a slave to the US..

Example, how many British bases in Australia compared to US bases ??

Office of The Governor General of The Commonwealth of Autstralia
www.gg.gov.au...

This answers it all. This is fact not another opinion. Which means in reality Aussie is not free.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
In your home nation your PM can be removed from office just for going against the Crown.

Stupid yank with no concept of how Australia's political system works.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Didn't really answer my question..Care to ??

The GG is nothing here..
Yes, she has some powers but if she pushed too hard we'd just go Republic..
Most don't see the need to change while it means little..
But changing is a big job and expensive..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

www.gg.gov.au...

Not a British base, she is a Australian chosen by an Australian...

This is fact not another opinion.

No, it is not a fact. Again you have no clue how Australia works.

Which means in reality Aussie is not free.

No, we are free

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

www.gg.gov.au...

Not a British base, she is a Australian chosen by an Australian...

This is fact not another opinion.

No, it is not a fact. Again you have no clue how Australia works.

Which means in reality Aussie is not free.

No, we are free

Explain then why Kevin Rudd was fired for? Any nation where it's leaders could be fired without one public debate or quorom is not one I consider truly free.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Didn't really answer my question..Care to ??

The GG is nothing here..
Yes, she has some powers but if she pushed too hard we'd just go Republic..
Most don't see the need to change while it means little..
But changing is a big job and expensive..

You need the explicit and direct consent of Queen Elizabeth and the Crown to make a move like this, a backdoor dictatorship is what I consider Australia to be. No democracy, no democratic rule, no free elections.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You need the explicit and direct consent of Queen Elizabeth and the Crown to make a move like this, a backdoor dictatorship is what I consider Australia to be. No democracy, no democratic rule, no free

You're playing with the wrong organ..
Move up and use your brain..

edit on 13-3-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Explain then why Kevin Rudd was fired for? Any nation where it's leaders could be fired without one public debate or quorom is not one I consider truly free.

Australia elects a party, not a single leader..
The party decides who the leader is and can change at any time..

IMO a better scenario to that of the US where you are stuck with the same president regardless of public opinion of him..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

This has more to do with your own personal view of the man. For instance my view of him has changed little. I thought he was the best choice for President at the time, and I still do.....however I was frightened by the way people kept placing him on a larger and larger pedestal. There was actually a quite humorous parody of both this attitude, and the other sides attitudes of negativity right after the Election done by South Park. I won't go into the details...I'm sure you can find some clips on the net if you are interested.

Comedy shows aside, my point is that if you put someone up on a very large pedastal....the only thing that person will be able to do is fall off of it. Obama has done some things I don't agree with since then.....he's even made some outright mistakes. But because I never thought he was anything more than a regular man, and not some Deity....I have not been surprised, or dismayed by any of this. Dissapointed a few times? Sure. Still I think he's the best person I could have voted for. Even considering I really liked Mccain. Although I don't consider myself a Republican....If there was a Republican I could imagine myself voting for it probably would have been him. Still my opinion of Obama is that he was the right choice.

Oh yeah......he was born in Hawaii. Anyone who says otherwise is pretty much delusional, since there is no evidence whatsoever of anything to the contrary.

PS...not really interested in getting into an argument about whether he is a good president or not. I probably won't repsond to anyone trying to start such an arguement since its off topic.
(unless I'm just really bored and have nothing better to do)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join