It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraq Warns Iran to Stop Assisting Insurgents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hazim al-Shaalan, the new defense minister of Iraq stated yesterday that Iraq would start taking action against the countries that are helping and sponsoring insurgents to undermine the security of the new Iraqi government. The unspoken threat was directed mostly at Iraq's neighbor, and long-time foe, Iran.

www.reuters.com
DUBAI (Reuters) - Iraq is ready to retaliate against countries it accuses of supporting violence wracking the country, the country's defense minister warned Tuesday

Hazim al-Shaalan mentioned no countries by name but accused old foe Iran of "blatant interference." Iraq has also complained in the past about guerrilla fighters entering the country from Syria.

"We are prepared to move the arena of the attacks on Iraq's honor and its rights to those countries," he was quoted as saying by the London-based Asharq al-Awsat newspaper.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi has been visiting neighboring countries to ask for assistance in shutting off the flow of insurgents entering Iraq. Jordan and Syria have come on board and stated that they will help the new Iraqi government out as much as possible. The response from Iran has not been the same, and Hazim al-Shaalan has used strong words to describe the tension between Iraq and Iran.

Does Iraq have the military capability to carry out with these threats, or will it rely on the current occupying U.S. and British forces to assist the new government while it is in it's new fledgling state. Interestingly enough, the U.S. has begun transferring additional troops and equipment from S. Korea to southern Iraq recently.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
One wonders, well me anyway, if we are seeing an acceleration of the what many on this board have been anticipating for a while now; that being a war with Iran.
Recently we have seen Israel threaten to attack nuclear sites in Iran if they obtain fuel rods from Russia. Just today I saw an article connecting Iranian military officials with the 9/11 hijackers. Iran is in the "axis of evil." Plus the U.S. has many aircraft carriers out right now.
Now we have Iraq threatening Iran. This makes me wonder if the war with Iran will be actually started by the fledgling Iraqi government which would allow for the U.S. to lend support and attack Iran themselves.
I suppose we shall see soon enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Considering Afghanistan is a member of the 'Coalition of the Willing', we can only surmise that Iraq will be joining forces with the US led coalition.

Good job we have the 'democratic' countries of Afghanistan and Iraq to help us in the good fight against the al-Qaeda terrorist countries.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Excuse me but what people in Iraq?

Right now Iraq government is an Illusion, that country can not help anybody, they have their own problems at home, the government in Iraq is not stable and they have not control of the rest of the Iraqi nation, so it sound like barking to me about telling Iran how to do their business, when the Iraqi leader is trying to stay away from being blown in his own house. All this is just something to laugh about.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Exactly marg6043.

This stinks so much I can't believe it's happening.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

American controlled Iraqi puppet government removing accountability and responsibility from those who are really making these ignorant and facist decisions.

Can we please have irrefutable proof this time before we start World War Three!

Here's an idea:

If some individuals in Iran helped the 9/11 hijackers, then maybe we can ask the Iranian Government to hand them over for trials and justice instead of using it as an excuse to invade another sovereign nation!

[edit on 20-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
shanti23,

What you are describing is call peaceful diplomatic negotiations, but unfortunately our president does not have any clue what that means.

I wonder if been Iran another rich oil country has to do with the whole situation too.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I wonder if been Iran another rich oil country has to do with the whole situation too.

Recent history is hard to distort; since the 1920s oil has been a reason for meddling in the Arabian Gulf region, that is a fact.

Our new masters would have us believe otherwise through the power of double-speak, false intelligence and misinformation.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Christ sake, will you people grow up? What is so hard to understand here? Iran influences the #es. #e sects have been causing chaos for months now under the order of certain clerics. Not to even mention the Iranian border or Iranian illeagal development of nukes. These are signals being sent, Iran still makes the ultimate descisions. I'm a liberal and a Democrat. I dispise some of the things that has happened over the past 3 years and the mishandling of Iraq BUT some nations only understand one language.

new topics

top topics

join