It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear emergency as Fukushima cooling system fails after Japan quake!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't know that much about nuclear reactors but I honestly find it very difficult to comprehend how they will be able to stop a meltdown at this point. I am not seeing any footage of any agency working on this issue. The whole area looked void of people from what I saw. I hope I'm wrong though.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
twitter.com...#!/AlBoeNEWS

HAPPENING NOW -- Officials: "All the functions to keep cooling water levels in No. 3 reactor have failed at the Fukushima No. 1 plant,"

does this mean a melt down.............
edit on 12-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowkhas
How would it get directly down into the ground/water? I don't ever recall seeing anything in the Chernobyl incident where anything did "melt into the earth." If you have a link to any info out there to the contrary, I'd like to see it.
(No sarcasm or bitterness intended, I genuinely would.)

Well then here you go.. watch the horror of Chernobyl and see what they DIDN'T tell us till now. BTW the casing is getting old and will become a new problem very soon

Chernobyl Disaster Documentary
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Be prepared... its NOT a pretty story, especially for the 500,000 soldiers and miners that cleaned it up by HAND 50 second exposure at a time

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
I am doubtful that the western united states would get fallout (I am no expert), look up jet streams. Does seem like a scary scenario .
Tokyo to San Francisco is 5,133 miles.

This is the radiation fallout map after Chernobyl

Originally posted by snoopyuk
Hi there Zorgon,

yes the effects were bad. We had to sell our family farm in SW Scotland due to the sheep being contaminated for several years.

I am surprised so few even looked at that thread and yet I see so many questions regarding what happened there. I STRONGLY recommend you watch the documentary

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I knew that nuclear power was bad news. Very, very bad news. I think we should shut down EVERY nuclear power plant left - NOW! What's doing without the power produced compared to these risks???

I agree. All we do is use the energy to boil water to make steam. and the result is tons of nuclear waste. We need to stop until we canuse the radiation directly like a solar cell collector.

In the meantime set up plants to burn GARBAGE (with a smoke scrubber) and solve the trash problem at the same time. Trash burning also boils water, and the stuff scrubbed from the smoke is good fertilizer or can be easily processed to recover other chemicals. Sudbury Canada did that on their smelters and is recovering pure sulfur, something that paid for the installation of the scrubbers.

We could save all those land fill sites by just burning the trash and recover the metal from the ashes

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If the IAEA were smart they plan a great congressional gathering of all the nuclear nations to find a way that when earthquakes are going to be more frequent what to do to minimize the damage and disasters that come from this unpredictable devastation.

12 March 2011, 2000 CET IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano provided a video statement on the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Looking at what happened in this video...it can't be good. :shk:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

edit on 12-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
On this live link, I am hearing them now admit how all of their instrumentation is wrong. They have no real control over this thing.

This crisis is GROWING!

Link.

edit on 12-3-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Live link here talking about the plant. Seems one of the reactors HAS had at least partial meltdown

www.livestation.com...

Alert at level 4 on a scale of 0-7. Means damage to the core and substantial radiation leak. Radioactive cesium and iodine have been detected which indicates uranium fission is occurring

No 2 plant is still in trouble as well with temp at 200 degrees compared to normal 30 degrees
edit on 12-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

We could save all those land fill sites by just burning the trash and recover the metal from the ashes

I'm with you, zorg. I think releasing the plenum energy extraction methods would be even better. In the end they will lead a LOT less trash to begin with.

Still, between nuclear and trash energy? Give me the trash any day of the week!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
For them to say this is not a melt down of the core they are blatantly lying to us. When the rods get to hot they produce Hydrogen gas as they break down soon you have an explosion inside the reactor core and in turn blow the whole building to dust as we all just witnessed. The Core is probably laying in the ground somewhere getting hotter and hotter sinking into the ground.

They had better start making a deal to move the whole nation to China for awhile cause god knows they have the land and Japan will be a waste land for along long time.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Sky watcher because: major malfunction

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I admit this is a silly and alarmist question, but . . . can that core keep melting and sinking until it hits, say, magma? And then becomes something spewed out by one of Japan's many, many volcanoes? (Or even one of their supervolcanoes?!)
edit on 12-3-2011 by Evergreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Evergreen

Please show a little more sympathy for the people of your Japan. You are being incredibly disrespectful, and in a time like this.... uncalled for

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

You're right. I apologize.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Uhm did anyone else hear on NHK live stream that a meltdown has occured at reactor 1.... please be that i heard this wrong

disregard above message, reactor 1 is in partial meltdown

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evergreen
I admit this is a silly and alarmist question, but . . . can that core keep melting and sinking until it hits, say, magma?

Not a silly question. Most people don't know what happens during a melt down. The one in Chernobyl did go through the floor and miners without protection worked in a tunnel beneath it to add extra coolants

Here are the details..

In an accident that has gone out of control, there is without any doubt enough heat generated to melt the steel bottom of the reactor vessel, causing an approximate 200 tons of molten uranium and radioactive fission products (above the melting temperature of uranium oxide, 2500o, or at least that of uranium, 1130o) to pour out onto the concrete floor of the containment building in a puddle with an average depth of about ¼ inch.

cavendishscience.org...

So not it won't go down to the magma nor come back up a volcano

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

This is what I just received in my e-mail as breaking news from CNN

-- "We are assuming that a meltdown has occurred" at a quake-damaged nuclear reactor, Japan's chief Cabinet secretary says.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Given the fact that Hydrogen was vented from the containment dome AND Cesium 137 indicate at the very least a partial meltdown without any speculation.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

One big difference between the two however, is that this reactor has a secondary containment dome that Chernobyl lacked. If the efforts to flood the reactor with sea water AND circulate it (with the addition of boron to absorb neutrons) hopefully the containment dome will hold the melted reactor elements

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join