It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 35
<< 32  33  34   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretsUnfold
I heard yellowstone is so big, if it erupts it will destroy half of north america and even parts of europe.
Is this true?

Pretty much true, although destroy I would limit to the states surrounding Yellowstone. The rest of America - East would be covered in a thick layer of ash, perhaps 8 feet deep in some places.

This would disrupt the food growing capabilities of much of America. The ash plume would engulf a big part of the Earth and could potentially cool off the planet as it blocks us from the sun.

The United States, as a country, would effectively be finished. There would be a global depression, etc., etc,. etc.
edit on 17-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

OMG....a moment of truth on ATS!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Guys....Guys..... GUYS...!!!!

Nothing has happened yet !
edit on 18-3-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

if you like download earthquake 3d ,you might see something interesting ,by the way only a guess but from my research 20 percent of quakes are not being shown .carpenter44

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Guys...guys... GUYS..!!!

It's still all hype. But take a look at Mexicalli which is right on the faultline. Not quite a swarm but interesting developments there in the last day. 5 running up the faultline with the latetest back down but almost on the line. Probably nothing to worry about as well but Sendai started with about 12 2.5's all localized.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What will this mean for North America?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Bump......

Yep, still nada. Now back to sleep I go.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Montana ATSer here. Don't worry all, I'll post on ATS right when it goes off. Of course there is a chance I can't send a message before me and everyone I love is absolutely obliterated so wish me luck guise.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Have any of you guys seen anything happening around Long Valley Caldera? I've had a really creepy sixth sense the last few times I've been up there soaking in Hot Creek. I don't know how to access the seismic data so I'm asking those of you who do. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is really very funny.

HaHaHaHa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Don't you guys know an April Fool's joke when you see one???????

Look how many people are eager to pursue something based on nothing but hogwash.

Turn a Yellowstone molehill into a mountain anyone?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Please source...all I could find was this:

www.seis.utah.edu...

The highet is a 1.2 in the last like month which is average and normal for that area. When this average spikes above 5.0 and stays steady then we must begin to worry but until then no.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear
This is really very funny.

HaHaHaHa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Don't you guys know an April Fool's joke when you see one???????

Look how many people are eager to pursue something based on nothing but hogwash.

Turn a Yellowstone molehill into a mountain anyone?

HAHAHAHA

Dont you know this thread was authored back in March 11 of this year? Would this be a premature April Fool's joke? Maybe the joke is you

Nothing but hogwash? TA list his sources. There was activity, it just did not escalate into what he was thinking it may. TA spends a lot of time paying attention to all things earthquake and usually keeps a very level head. If he is worried, it is worth listening to.

Yellowstone molehill into a mountain? Actually it is a Supervolcano. Scientist believe it erupts every 600,000 years. They also believe the last eruption was 640,000 years ago. Can you do math? No one has to turn Yellowstone into anything, but it is worth keeping an eye on since it is overdue for an eruption don't you think?
edit on 5-4-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I know this thread is a bit old, and maybe it's time to start a new one...but Yellowstone had a pretty good temblor a few days ago. Here's the link: earthquake.usgs.gov...

A 4.1 on the 1st of April. This is the USGS website so it doesn't appear to be an April Fool's joke, either.

Japan shifted 8 feet, earthquakes are popping up in areas not accustomed to them, and Puerto Rico has seen a good swarm the past couple of days as well.

EDIT: I just looked at the USGS site for US earthquakes and there's another 4.1 just west of Yellowstone that hit earlier today. Here's the link to that one too: earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 5-4-2011 by Nirvana999 because: corrected the USGS link

edit on 5-4-2011 by Nirvana999 because: added additional link

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Would be very saddening if it is a Major earthquake.....lets all pray people

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As a resident of Montana and a person who has everyone he loves in the states surrounding Yellowstone I say bring it the F*** on. I'm so sick of everyone with their bullsh** warnings and evidence. Same s*** since 2007.

www.youtube.com...

Peace, God Bless and F*** you fear mongers.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I used to have this quake app on my phone...but eventually I had to turn it off because I was getting bombarded with notifications several times a day. It's actually quite bad but I'm starting to think I should re-enable that app sometime soon....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Real American is correct! I have researched this myself for the past few years. Recently in the past 2 months there has been accelerated seismic activity in Yellowstone. I have spoken with a few people who have the privilege to be close to the the documented findings in Yellowstone and yes something may be happening soon. Just so you all are aware you will not be alerted till it is already happening. My personal opinion, if you have family and friends close to Yellowstone i would encourage them to find somewhere else to reside.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antinwo101

I agree with your post! Something is definately going on today(5/21/2011). I tried to access earthquake data from "Is this thing on". com, and it says no data for this date. That site has been very reliable with data including yesterday the 20th until early evening, but now it's data is blocked. There is data on the yellowstone observatory site, but I'm skeptical to believe it because why would it be blocked from the other site if it was legit. Like you said, people need to get out of dodge. Hope we don't have an eruption today. I'm not in the mood! LOL! Blessings to all

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

Actually the site is," Is This Thing On. org" (not .com) sorry!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Everyone take a deep breath and then step back a bit. The problem is that Yellowstone is running on its own time and not ours. Human time is a pitiful fraction of a blink for a volcano. We've only known that Yellowstone even is a supervolcano for the past 40-odd years. These are still poorly understood and we just don't know what is normal for them. We know that the magma chamber is still breathing - look at the water levels around Lake Yellowstone. We just don't have a clue if the next eruption will be a VEI 8 or a VEI 1. So... chill.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34   >>

join