It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no, Yellowstone May have been awakened by the 8.8

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm fascinated by Yellowstone having a minor in geology, I am extremely fascinated with earthquakes, volcanoes, glaciers and such. any information is really appreciated.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Pogsilive because: spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pogsilive

with all respect....you're Fired

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

with all respect....you're Fired

should have seen what I wrote before I edited it...

I wanted to delete the original, but dont know how to, so I just wrote that. Glad you liked it.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Pogsilive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Ive gone back to the day of Japans earthquake on the USGA sight, and nothing listed about Yellowstone.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Then I also used EQ3d , earthquake 3d software, just like someone elses talks of on this board. I went back 7 day time period on it, and checked all levels of quake levels and cant find anything on Yellowstone.

Tomorrow I want to call some friends at SLU in st louis who monitor the quakes from around the states.. They were the team that actually installed thousands of quake sensors all over the US and Canada. They have a clue of what is going on.

Living in the Midwest, knowing what Yellowstone is, a super volcano that has had some minor activities over the past few decades and the amount of damage its capable of if it pukes, ( not a technical term) and yes, with a minor in geology on my bachelors degree, I am more than very interested in activities at Yellowstone.
but you know what, I dont see anything out there that would worry me. Even with all the post here, I just dont see it when I look at reliable sources.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Yellowstone DID react

Hi there,
I can confirm that the day the Japan quake hit, a couple of hours infact, a friend let me know what had happened and I got on to the University Utah site immediately. They feed their readings direct to USGS. I have to tell you what I saw all over the park scarred the bejesus out of me. Unfortunately I have no idea how big or deep the EQ's were there......I would love it if somebody here could 'read' them for me. Since then Uni Utah has been playing up, but I am glad to say 10th and 11th are still there!

quake.utah.edu...

Click on the 10th and 11th and you can see Yellowstone reacting at the same time as Japan EQ hit.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

We've been over and over and over and now freaking PAST that now....If you had bothered to read more then the first post you would have known it too.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Here is the data as I recorded it AS IT CAME IN IN REAL TIME as the US EQs ARE BEING REMOVED from the official lists.

posted posted on 14-3-2011 @ 04:09 PM this post Second Non-Coastal US EQ since Japan 8.8

MAP 2.9 2011/03/14 20:24:52 41.775 -108.726 1.9 WYOMING

posted on 14-3-2011 @ 04:26 PM

MAP 2.9 2011/03/14 20:24:52 41.775 -108.726 1.9 WYOMING

Initially there were West Coastal EQs and then they started happening inland. What if 2.9 is just the beginning?
Still laughing?

It's just been removed from the list. Pictures tell all.

So what? You think I faked this map/pic? Buddy I don't have time to play games with people. I have a REAL life!

Believe it or not, like it or not...USGS is REMOVING US EQs from the official list. I posted in more then just this thread....
Let's just say I've got CYOA under control.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm thinking impending disaster for CALIFORNIA, then a large part of the world to follow.....THIS THREAD IS INTRESTING..... THIS IS CRAZY AND NOBODY ON ATS has even said a thing about it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
I'm thinking impending disaster for CALIFORNIA, then a large part of the world to follow.....THIS THREAD IS INTRESTING..... THIS IS CRAZY AND NOBODY ON ATS has even said a thing about it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This just posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by UtahRosebud
Ok... relyt posted this video over in TA's thread on "Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan". ATS Thread

It's an interview with a former USGS Geologist who has accurately predicted earthquakes, including the 1989 Loma Prieta, which I lived through.

Personally... I think this guy should be running the USGS!

Robin... you in particular I think, will find that what he has to say is pretty damn amazing!!

Former USGS Geologist Interview 3/14/11
video.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Ok complete airhead here and I have no idea what this means, but I was reading this thread, not all of it and was curious, I just got this pic from the site and wondered what it means.

its updated every 15 minutes but the whole thing may as well be written in alienese.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I am concerned because of the recent swarm of earthquakes in arkansas. A swarm can be a forewarning of volcanic eruption. Could this signify an eminent yellowstone eruption?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

ok ok, glad you saw my humor....all the earthquake monitoring like the LISS site and what has been posted on this thread ... a responsible person has to be able to tell the difference between earthquake echo's and local seismic activity...I mean a guy just about needs a geology degree to understand all of it. OR needs to spend that much time learning it then spend a lifetime collecting data so as to know what the heck he is talking about. Otherwise I dont care what graphs or web sites you throw up on the screen its just everybody talking about something with Psudo degrees....in other words ..we dont know $H_T....its all B.S. and Speculation

all of this is just my opinion

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chardonnay

I am concerned because of the recent swarm of earthquakes in arkansas. A swarm can be a forewarning of volcanic eruption. Could this signify an eminent yellowstone eruption?

the Aleutian Is. have been swarming for years....USGS has been in the earthquake biznaz for a hundred years and cant predict earthquakes more that 20 seconds , why ever would you think somebody on ATS with no provable credentials can throw up something on a post and call it GOSPEL

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yellowstone has been experiences "significant" seismic activity for twenty years plus. Has it increased in the last few days? Or are your referring to what has been going on for decades?

Hawk

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Man, that is CRAZY, TrueAmerican. I used to laugh at all the 2012 End Times doomsday predictions, but I think I can actually hear the four horseman coming.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

ok ok, glad you saw my humor....all the earthquake monitoring like the LISS site and what has been posted on this thread ... a responsible person has to be able to tell the difference between earthquake echo's and local seismic activity...I mean a guy just about needs a geology degree to understand all of it. OR needs to spend that much time learning it then spend a lifetime collecting data so as to know what the heck he is talking about. Otherwise I dont care what graphs or web sites you throw up on the screen its just everybody talking about something with Psudo degrees....in other words ..we dont know $H_T....its all B.S. and Speculation

all of this is just my opinion

Thats why I also threw up my little picture here, ya never know when the worlds smartest geology genius thing may just happen to come on here and say OMG OMG!!!! THAT PICTURE MEANS SOMETHING!!! "WHAT A SMART YOUNG LADY THAT HAPABLAB IS!" Then Im given some reward and get to go to sweden for a week.

:-)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Southern Idaho EQ info: (Today)

CHeck out that direct line from EQ to EQ straight across the planet!

Also an area that borders the "new North AMerica" map.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hello, Hello, UK to ATS!!!

Please, oh please, will somebody please read what I wrote further up this page. I am beginning to feel rather invisible around here! I am asking for a little bit of help, by supplying information you guys want and I am being ignored

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Long Valley Caldera area hit by 2 EQs (2.9 & 3.4)

EQs listed for past 12 hours

edit on 15-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Already, in just the past 24 hrs, we have experienced a 3.0 EQ in Southern Idaho

From the Long Valley Caldera to the Yellowstone Caldera, Southern Idaho (3.0 EQ today) would be the 1/2 way point. Now Long Vally experiences 3.7 EQ (Nevada/California border).
edit on 15-3-2011 by ConsentioExpono because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35 >>

join