It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pass the dutchy.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
hola ats! your resident stoner, philosopher, i cant do math for the life of me, i understand conveyed ideas, guy here.

lets see, i am 2 years shy of 30, did a couple years stint in USAF before i got booted for walking on sunshine (i got high and got busted for it by drug screening because a douche in my squadron got busted with coke so they drug tested all of us). karma's a bitch, neh?

anyway, i really really suck at math. beyond using it as a tool for building stuff, i do not comprehend it. though i do understand ideas being conveyed by the math. its like listening to someone speak spanish when you do not understand it fully, but you know what they are trying to say because you are around it enough. thats me, always have been around science, love it, can grasp its ideas, can apply it, i make money doing it everyday. i outsource the math. did i say i suck at math?

on that note, i do see myself a laymans smart guy of sorts. why layman? read above. i am not religious but do believe there is a energy that permeates everything and controls all in this universe. it is not a thing, but a force or will.

i am a very philosophical person, if i could afford college, it would be a major. but when it comes to exsistence, i try to find a scientific way to explain my philosophies. my favorite philosopher? bruce lee. his way was very literal and left little to interpret. but you say, bruce lee the action star? yes that guy, while he is known for his martial arts, but he did get a degree in philosophy and much of his teachings has to do with his own way of thinking and applying it. jeet kun do, the first chinese martial art does not have forms or techniques, it shows how to adapt to a situation without thinking about it. the natural movement and process of our mind and body working together to overcome any obstacle.

"Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system."
Bruce Lee

also a huge believer in karma. and karma is nothing more then reaction to your action. sound familiar? it should. newtons laws of motion do not apply to just physical things but all energy as everything is made of energy. want me to prove it? look at your screen. think the light is pulled to your eyeballs or pushed? either way there is a force acting upon the photons to move it to your eyes and a photon is nothing more then energy.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Might want to cool it with the drug references here, the mods are fairly strict on that stuff.

Otherwise, welcome to ATS and have fun.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Welcome! Your philosophies should fit well with other people on ATS. Give math another try though, once you understand it, you'll realize that it is by far the easiest subject to comprehend. How many other subjects can you immediately check your answer and know whether or not you're right or wrong? 2+2 will ALWAYS equal 4 ....now take this roach its burning my fingers

edit on 10-3-2011 by raiders247 because: needed editing

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You seem like my kinda person. I see your in cali so its probably legal for you correct? I also suck at math. I did great in math in school though. But I often cheated and copied. lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS.

Great to hear that you are interested in science but just OK at maths, because I was like that back at school too.

The thing is, though, that I went back to university as a mature age student (doing a Bachelor of Astronomy & Space Sciences) and 'discovered' that math is full of beauty & mystery that I'd never seen at school. So don't give up hope.

Good to have you on board.

Oh, and by the way, keep the drug references to a minimum (just better not to expose yourself to potential pain by broadcasting it on a public forum).

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

potential pain?

he lives in california. pretty sure hes relieved of pain, if anything.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Welcome to ats!...shhhh keep the pot reference's on the low here and you will be alright.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
"empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. be water, my friend.” - bruce lee, the master.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
........ to the left hand side

hey there and welcome

enjoy your stay here

edit on 10-3-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tokinjedi

Great Bruce Lee quote!
*Passes the dutchie from the right to the left-hand side...*

(Don't worry mods, this is imaginary drug use... just pretend, see!)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
haha, didnt know i was in for a knock forum. must be too used to the cali culture. its not quiet legal here, but no more worse then a jay walking ticket (thanks governator). I am planning on going to school to learn math again. hopefully my matured mind can work past the a.d.d. and learn something.

on a side note: i have been reading ATS for bout 5 years now but just joined to help further my philosophies and pit my ideas against devils advocate types.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

-Bruce Lee

new topics

top topics

join