It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Situation: Sunny with a high of 145 degrees Fahrenheit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
There have been some threads about here with people who have dreams about weird sun activity and deadly high temperatures. Here's a link to 1 such thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, it got me thinking, how would you survive such a situation? Is 145 degrees Fahrenheit enough to kill the average person from heat exhaustion?

Scenario: You must stay indoors for 24-48 hours. The sun is emitting harmful radiation, enough to give you a sunburn in only a few minutes in the sun. The temperature is 145 degrees during the day, and will drop at night, but nobody is sure how much. The electricity may or may not be on, depending on your area, as well as the Internet. People are not sure if the water will still be on, maybe maybe not.

So survivalists, how do you survive?
edit on 10-3-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Start digging and get underground.
Ambient temperatures a few feet down are usually around 54 degrees or so.
And maybe Elvis was onto something when he lined hotel room walls with aluminum foil.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Tin foil suits man. Yes 145 degrees would be too hot for people to survive outside.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I know I'd die, becase I cannot imagine chowing on cactus for three meals a day..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Very funny temp of 145 is not survivable above ground. There are places everywhere already made to go to:
Sewers.
Now all you need to do is find the storm and not the sanitary ones.
Didja ever consider that if every patriot ran and hid out alone wouldnt that mean the ptb would just organize with all the stuff left behind (and paid for by you for their benefit) and simply knock them off one after another after another as you scurry from hidey-hole to hidey-hole....

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think anyone with a lick of common sense about them could probably survive the initial onslaught in such a scenario, but the destruction of crops, animals, and environment would still be a death blow. Crops would be ravaged and burned by the heat. Forest, grass, and bush fires would be global, and any animal exposed over those days would perish. As bad as that is, long term would be worse than short term. Several billion people and whichever animals survived facing starvation is not a Fun Time. A global temperature spike like that would mark an extinction event.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here in the Caribbean its getting hotter and hotter these last years.
Last July was so hot, even sitting on the porch in the shade was no fun anyore. Going to the beach was something you do at night.
So I don't even want to think about those high temps. We have no caves to speak of and the round is too hard rocky) to go underground.

So maybe Antartica would be nice? Lots of space there.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So, assuming the water was still on, could you continually douse yourself with cold water and live in the basement? And why is it saunas are usually between 180-250 degrees F and you don't see people dying in them (well, not very often)?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In my area I would rely on one of the many caves around here and stay underground.

I would imagine you could venture out at night with the only downfall being high heat still. At night you wouldn't have the solar radiation or burns.

I know of a few underground springs that hopefully wouldn't dry up.

With soil you could plant some crops inside the cave close enough to the entrance to get some sunlight but inside far enough to stay out of the heat? Plant mushrooms inside the cave?

If the temps sustained that level for very long it wouldn't matter probably.

I have enough dry goods stored to last almost 2 years & 5-6 months of canned goods.

Assuming I could get them there so I could live on that in the cave but would have to plant crops eventually.

Rice, beans, pasta O boy!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I got a nice little pond in my back 40...
always nice to take a dip on a hot day...

and to that end if you can just fill a tub with cool water...
when your too hot from doing whatever other things you need to do get in the tub to cool off

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If it is long term, you don't. That would definitely be an extinction level event. Now, if it were only 48 hours, I agree underground is your best bet. The electrical grid would need to be shut down before it burned itself out. Wildfires would be rampant, and millions would die in that 48 hour period. The government and TPTB would survive, and you would awaken after 48 hours to a global police state.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
AC units can be operated from generators, as well as Ice Machines I suppose.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

What i'm confused about is how this would be so deadly, yet people reguarly go in saunas that are 180 degrees or warmer. Plus, you could always dump bottled water in a tub and take a dip every so often.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I'd say it has to do more with the radiation /rays being emitted by the sun if it were to reach that level than dying of the heat via cooking, but I'm no expert this is my guestimate.

top topics

join