It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Page of Text Flashed Up On TV Last Night (Subliminal advertising?)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ok guys, I think I cracked it.

It's advertising for Comedy Central.

Note the red and white colours of the text? Comedy Central colours.

It's flashing up text like that basically to say "why go to the gym when you can exercise at home.....while watching Comedy Central?" or with the other text in the second thread on this "it's grey and cloudy outside, no point leaving the house if there's no sunshine to bask in so stay indoors and watch Comedy Central"

There we go. It's typical of them to do stuff that's eye grabbing and kinda funny. No conspiracy, no MK ULTRA trigger, not even Derren Brown. It's Comedy Central UK.

Case closed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
ive seen this quite a few times on tv. they do it on comedy central at about 3,4 in the morning the excatly same font and bold colour stuff i usually just pause it and read it last time i read it they was advertising there channel move on sky

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Think I might have found the first one!

www.digitalspy.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Ok guys, I think I cracked it.

It's advertising for Comedy Central.

Note the red and white colours of the text? Comedy Central colours.

It's flashing up text like that basically to say "why go to the gym when you can exercise at home.....while watching Comedy Central?" or with the other text in the second thread on this "it's grey and cloudy outside, no point leaving the house if there's no sunshine to bask in so stay indoors and watch Comedy Central"

There we go. It's typical of them to do stuff that's eye grabbing and kinda funny. No conspiracy, no MK ULTRA trigger, not even Derren Brown. It's Comedy Central UK.

Case closed.

Well its hardly case closed now is it.

Thats is your opinion on this ( which of course you are entitled to )

But I believe there is more to it than that.

And either way it is still a subliminal form of advertising, It is on screen for half a second, not enough for you to consciously read it , MOST people would not even notice it. Never mind rewind the programme and pause it to see what it says, Especially people who are not open minded, if they catch if they would say oh it was just a glitch, a slight error, and think nothing of it.

The first image was apparently off channel 4 - what have they got to do with comedy central ?
If they have no affiliation with Comedy Central why would they advertise them in such a strange way?

Just my opinion

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

I've seen Comedy Central ads on Sky Sports, Scuzz, Sky News, Challenge, Discovery Home & Leisure and of course E4.

Don't have to be affiliated, as long as you have Sky it'll come up.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is not advertising...theres no way you get half a second insertions on different channels in the same form.
Its secret code im telling you.The message says(the aliens of the milky way) have alot more ships than us....billions and billions more.
edit on 14-3-2011 by HeresHowItGoes because: spelling.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here is two more examples of messages arriving through peoples T.V's

There have additionally been isolated instances of contact having been made through T.V. and Radio. One occurred in England on the 8th January 1971 when Rex Dutta of Viewpoint Aquarius, a Theosophical and UFO buff was on radio and invited people to telephone in with questions. What was considered by him to have been a ‘Voice from outer Space’ came on, a clear voice that showed no echo or feedback on the engineers’ instruments, nothing was registering at all. The needles were inert at Zero. Also in England in December 1975 at Norris Green, Liverpool a Flying Saucer stationed itself over the area, and hundreds of local T.V. sets showed space images. Many people went outside of their houses to view the Saucer. It was also reported that dozens of Space Images materialised in people’s living rooms.

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:ea6BRt0N1FUJ:www.treeofthegoldenlight.com/First_Contact/mike_quinsey/mikes%2520articles/voice_fro m_space.htm+tv+interrupted+message&cd=48&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.co.uk

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Blipvert:

In the 1985 film Max Headroom: 20 Minutes into the Future and the first episode of the 1987 science fiction television show Max Headroom, blipverts were a new high-speed, concentrated, high-intensity television commercials lasting about three seconds. The term Blipvert was first coined by George Stone. Their purpose was to prevent channel-switching during standard-length commercials.
"Blipvert" is a portmanteau of the onomatopoeia blip, a brief sound, and advert, the British abbreviation for advertisement. In his in-the-field newscast, "The What I Want To Know Show", investigative reporter Edison Carter exposes his own network's decision to broadcast them even though they kill people.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Intermission:

"Is it me, or is the band getting bigger?"

edit on 3/14/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Any cryptologists out there? Maybe it is a code and "Gym", "Guilty" and "Novel" are key words.
Just thinking aloud.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

Miss Tiger may have found a key date from the # 112....either 11 Feb or Nov 2....if it is a code of some sort.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think I have managed to upload some video of the actually "text" appearing so all those who haven't seen it, can see how quick it is. Sorry about quality but I recorded it on my mobile. Hope this works!

View My Video

Is that even a second!? Only someone with Sky+ would ever beable to read it so it's obvious who they are aiming it at.
edit on 14/3/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Well that's a blast from the past, I remember Max Headroom. Interesting read what you linked to and about one second adverts existing for quite a while.

Link about making adverts more lingering so they can't be skipped so well but it doesn't mention anything about 1 second adverts.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The effect a one second advert can have.....
www.freakonomicsmedia.com...

but there is no way on earth someone would ever beable to make sense of the text ones. Plus they aren't advertising anything anymore. Maybe they are just trying to create hype?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Miss Tiger may have found a key date from the # 112....either 11 Feb or Nov 2....if it is a code of some sort.

112 is definitely just the channel number that Comedy Central moved to, don't think it is code for anything.

I think maybe they are going for comedy effect if you look at the video and see how the text "drops" onto the screen.

P.S. Still no reply to email from the channel.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

he has emailed me what exactly should i ask him should i ask him to have a look at this thread ? Or just ask him where he got that message from ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr

he has emailed me what exactly should i ask him should i ask him to have a look at this thread ? Or just ask him where he got that message from ?

Well he has two messages on his site that have been displayed on the text screens on tv. He has them called Morons and Morons II. I would just say that you are interested in where he got both those messages from as they look familiar. Linking to hear might scare him off
But that is only my opinion.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Thanks for a reply , i have mailed him saying """

Hello , ****

Thank you for contacting me i would just like to ask you a question or 2 about a thread you posted on your blog if that is ok with you . ?? You of Course do not have to answer.

In your thread called morons ll - you have a passage of text - Can i ask where you got it from ?

I am only asking as The day after you posted it it appeared on the t.v. for half a second. with three words from it highlighted in red.

I have more examples of this and i will be glad to show you a link to my proof after you respond if you wish.

So yeah, im just VERY curious as to where you got the passage/paragraph of text from?

If you would please respond with a honest answer i would greatly appreciate it,

Many thanks in advance

John

Thats what i said to him, hope i didn't scare him off, lol , maybe i should not of mentioned the seeing it on the T.V. until after he had responded, But when he replies, most likely tomorrow i will post his response,

At least he got in touch with me thats a start.

edit on 14-3-2011 by johngtr because: edit out contacts time

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I just saw one of these quick blip screens in the ad break in an episode of south park.
The I noticed that the subsequent ads for both 2 and a half men, and something else that I didn't catch the name of also used black backgrounds with white and sometimes red text

Also if you look at the uk comedy central web site link it to is all black red and white
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/070b7e709268.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Sounds ok to me! And if it is nothing to do with him I would imagine he will be quite intrigued himself
Hope he replies and not just with "I saw it on tv" lol

Still no reply from Comedy Central to my email.

Did anyone ever say well done and thank you for packinupngoin for finding that website?? packinupngoin

I'm sure Comedy Central would be happy with all the attention they are getting.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I hope this thread hasn't got you watching Comedy Central!
Afterall that might be what they are trying to do.....

Yes the colours are the same as curious7 pointed out earlier and I'm sure it's them with some sort of advert campaign.....a very good one I might add.........but I just want them to admit it now!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join