It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the farm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Does anyone know what goes on at the Farm house for the CIA agents traning, or where it is located.
Oh and does the goverenment really have black ops divisions of the CIA.

[edit on 19-7-2004 by alias101]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alias101
Does anyone know what goes on at the Farm house for the CIA agents traning, or where it is located.
Oh and does the goverenment really have black ops divisions of the CIA.
[edit on 19-7-2004 by alias101]

First a CIA agent is foriegner that sell info to the CIA for money. If you're talking about the people who are employed by the CIA, at places like Langley, VA. they are called Officers (Unlike the FBI, which calls its permanent employees Agents)

The Farm is also called Camp X. It was first built during WW2 as a training center for what was then Called the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) (today's CIA). The Farm is used to train officers in the covert art of recruting agents and gathering intelligence in enemy terratory. Yes there is a division for war time black ops. As for where it is, I'm not sure.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Unless im mistaken people officialy are called officers or operatives depending on your job there. And as ghost said agents are not "officialy" employed. And as ghost said they are normally foerigners that sell information to the CIA. And I believe that at the farm they learned tradecraft and were then let loose into the nearby city of Norfolk to practice their tradecraft. I've been to Norfolk to see the naval base, I've seen langley from the outside but I haven't seen the farm.

[edit on 7/21/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

The Farm is also called Camp X. It was first built during WW2 as a training center for what was then Called the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) (today's CIA). The Farm is used to train officers in the covert art of recruting agents and gathering intelligence in enemy terratory. Yes there is a division for war time black ops. As for where it is, I'm not sure.

just learned something

thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It's all OPSEC. No I don't know, and no, you can't know.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The Farm is near Williamsburg, VA (Camp Perry). Officers are trained there in espionage fieldcraft before being sent overseas.

Also, Delta worked with the CIA to train their operators with regards to espionage at one point. I don�t know if they still do, but it probably happened/happens at The Farm.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Good chance they still do, to teach the Paramilitary Officers stuff.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Didnt you see the movie The Recruit???

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
When I was in Civil Air Patrol (Fox Valley Composite Squadron) Our squadron stayed at Langley AFB, and one day we drove to DC and our Deputy Commander of Cadets who is a former CIA "operative" drove us by the front gate of the farm. it doesn't look like much from the outside, just some guard who looks like a standard security guard. but he said that inside is pretty close to the movie The Recruit.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Have a look through the cryptome archives for the "eyeballing" series on the Farm.

NSA

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Im a shortwave listener and for years (up untill 2002 or so) the CIA was running an unidentified "numbers" station which was direction-found to be transmitting from an antenna site near the farm.. actually at the Warrenton Training Center where operatives are taught basic communications tradecraft (burst transmission, HF radio, ect.)

A website I knew of had photos.. but the website operator got all paranoid after 9-11 and took them all down.. however I do have the CD-ROM the website operator produced which has the photos. I was thinking of posting them online but the photos are not mine so... you know how that goes.

It is true that operatives in training practice the tradecraft against other CIA operatives that go out and hunt them. Sort of a cat and mouse exercise which tests the skills of the students. These take place in Washington DC and probably also outside of these training centers.

If anyone wants the photos send me an e-mail at [email protected] and perhaps I can get them for you.

Interesting stuff.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is really bizarre. I just had really vivid super long dream last night about a top secret military base that was literally called "The Farm" and they were breeding werewolves. the werewolves were super tall and fast and were all being kept in a dark room. They were being trained or something. It was the scariest dream ever.

I know this has nothing to do with what we are talking about, but I had never previously known there was actually a Military base called the farm in real life before this dream. Just was a really weird coincidence I had to share lol, sorry.

Random!

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Stonefree386]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
yes like ghost and others said ...there is a differnece between officers, operators and agents. Officcers are "generally" classified as analysts and super's, operators are field ops or QRF's, agents are foreign assets not officially aligned with the agency. The Farm as others said is an all purpose fieldcraft unit that trains numerous branches of service as well as agency people. As for advanced training for the operators and QRF's, while I DO NOT KNOW for sure I would estimate that they are given covers and put through various branches specops training courses as well as pulled from various special forces units.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by djvexd]

new topics

top topics

join