It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not just a light in the sky, this is a clear video of a craft!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
So no one answers my question? Until someone does this can't be classified as a hoax. Why don't we have some professional's look into this instead of unknowledgeable know it alls?

Read the thread.

Do you see who decided it was a hoax?

No?

Then why do you suppose we know?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by schuyler
On the frirst link did you see me running from the middle right to the foreground? Yup, that was me!
--Moses

So... your saying you were involved in this fakery?

Nah, just wrong place, wrong time. All I saw was some guy in the field with some pie plates and some string and this fancy old camera, but as the pie plates were EMPTY, hence no food, I elected to chase a squirrel instead. So, for the record, I saw no UFO at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Abductee001

Nice work Abductee001 Starred :0)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Explain it to me, because it was moved to the hoax bin and I see no critique by professionals.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Good point. I'm 51 and I couldn't hold a camera that steady with out a tripod.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

1000% with you in the same boat.

I was working on some background digging, the thread was live. Lots of usual "This is a fake" posts etc but nothing concrete and no Pro Investigation or comments.

While making another post the next thing I noticed it was in the Hoax bin.

No explanation, nadda.

Your guess is as good and as disapointing as anyone elses.

I believe all the evidence should be reviewed first prior to binning.
edit on 9-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"Billy" Eduard Albert Meier (February 3, 1937)

72 year old farmer? Hmmmm

Bob Lazar type flying saucer? Hmmmm

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So no one answers my question? Until someone does this can't be classified as a hoax. Why don't we have some professional's look into this instead of unknowledgeable know it alls?

Why? We've had quite a few professionals analyze the Billy Meier photographs and show conclusively and scientifically that they are fake, yet you still are insistent that Billy Meier is the real deal. If we did get pros in here, you'd still believe anyway and find a way to discount the professionals' opinions.

Now I'm going to be really careful here to not call you any names, but after reading a number of your posts I have come to the conclusion that you are a credulous poster; you'll believe anything and you've developed a reputation for that. Of course you have every right to say whatever you want, and I support you in that. But I also know that your posts usually lack substance and can be ignored, which I have a right to do. You are not adding substantively to the discussion.

The point here is that this video CAN be classified as a hoax, whether or not you agree with that classification. No one here has to "prove" to your satisfaction that this is fake. No one. You have to prove that it is real, something you haven't even attempted in the slightest to do. You can jump up & down all you want to, but majority opinion here seems to be that this is yet another fake video to be placed on the trash heap with hundreds of others. This video has no consequence in the UFO field. It's not even good enough to remember and will soon be forgotten. No TV programs. No books. No serious UFOlogist will give it the time of day. This time, at least, you lose. Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I'm just asking for expert analysis that it is fake. Then i will believe it is fake. I don't trust a bunch of ATS posters thought to make that decision. And please show me the results of scientific testing that proved Billy's photos to be fake, because the results I saw proved that they were authentic.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm just asking for expert analysis that it is fake. Then i will believe it is fake. I don't trust a bunch of ATS posters thought to make that decision. And please show me the results of scientific testing that proved Billy's photos to be fake, because the results I saw proved that they were authentic.

You've already been pointed to that a number of times, including the latest thread, complete with lonks to the material. There is also a 1,000 post thread on here that goes into detail. Once it's been pointed out to you I think our job is done. No one can make you read or understand what has been written. But stop saying it has never been done. It has been done ad nauseum. Meier is probaly the best-debunked person in modern UFO times. But if you want to remain a starry-eyed believer, feel free to embarrass yourself further.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'm just asking for expert analysis that it is fake. Then i will believe it is fake. I don't trust a bunch of ATS posters thought to make that decision.

As I'm sure you are aware, moving a thread to HOAX bin requires Mod / Owner authority.
No garden variety Member has that privelege althogh if they present compelling evidence for or against I suspect they can have some influence on the decision.

In short, use the Complaint / Suggestion feature or post to Board Biz forum. Admittedly, there is generally an open reason given and by whom.

edit on 9-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I was as surprised as you that it had been binned so quickly and during investigation without an update but I have to accept that there are posters on ATS as well as MODs that are vastly more experienced and if they deem it to be a hoax based on the information that they see then I accept that.

My area is Photography and Investigation not Videography. All I try to do is input what I can that may help any investigation be it to prove it real or a hoax.

After all the ATS motto is...........The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within.

I hope that I have supplied some critical thought to this post rather than meaningless ramble.

To quote you though "I don't trust a bunch of ATS posters thought to make that decision."

I really think you should think before you make assumptions about people on ATS. You have no idea who they are or what they do.
Your comment is very flippant. You can be critical but still show respect to other users.

I'm not having a go at you but simply pointing out a few things that may be worth your consideration.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Its good thing that I dont make fakes, If you think thats good video editing then my stuff would make the ny times!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Its good thing that I dont make fakes, If you think thats good video editing then my stuff would make the ny times!

Money meet mouth. Got any examples?

I'd love to see some, seriously.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Pardon me, what I meant to say in that sentence was "though" not thought. It should have read, "I don't trust a bunch of ATS posters though to make that decision. I didn't mean all of them, only some. I respect a lot of people's decisions and beliefs but there are also some who speak utter rubish. My apologies on the misspelling.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Oh here we go again, the world most gullible ufo believer! I showed you before why billy meier is a fake, even showed you evidence and you ignored it! There is no point when it comes to you, because you just don't listen!
And as another poster said on this thread, you just have to look at your post history to know that you believe everything you come across!

Such a shame

As for this video. Do you know how easy it is to fake ufo footage these days? Just take a look at all the videos that are fake, but look real to the untrained eye. So, your stance should "prove its real" not "prove its a fake" That is completly the wrong way to go about things in this subject, considering all the fakes out there.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I never said it is real! I just want more evidence it's fake! I know everything can be cgi'd so who knows whats real and fake anymore. I made a thread on that last week. Also, stop calling me "the world's most gullible ufo believer" I don't believe half of what I see, and I'm almost certain all the "lights in the sky people are claiming to be ufo's" are just anomalies.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

And Jay-Morris you need to move on. You don't need to go off on me because I believe something you don't.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I never said it is real! I just want more evidence it's fake! I know everything can be cgi'd so who knows whats real and fake anymore. I made a thread on that last week. Also, stop calling me "the world's most gullible ufo believer" I don't believe half of what I see, and I'm almost certain all the "lights in the sky people are claiming to be ufo's" are just anomalies.

In this day and age, where its so easy to make real looking ufo photo, we all need to be sceptical. Everytime i see ufo footage, the stance i have is "prove that its not fake" and until then, the footage should be looked at in a very sceptical way. Footage like this is coming out on a daily basis. Either being posted on here or on youtube, and its really bringing this subject down, amoung other things.

And you have to admit, you are quite gullible

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

And Jay-Morris you need to move on. You don't need to go off on me because I believe something you don't.

I am not going off on you. You started a billy meier thread, i started do debate with you, realised you knew very little about the meier case, but still claimed it was real. I posted evidence on why its a fake, you said the evidence i posted was rubbish, and then you done what all meier believers do, you left the thread.

And with this thread. There is evidence that this footage is fake, and the people who think this have posted decent information on this thread, and a few other threads. Its amzing what you can do with software these days

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join