It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS blocked on Burger King's new Wifi conection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The title pretty much says it all. While I was at BK for lunch I noticed a new customer wifi conection on my Iphone and started to surf the net. After visiting two other sites I attemped to go to ATS and a screen displayed saying that the site was blocked. It reminded me of an earlier post I saw about a kid who reported that ATS was blocked at his school. Is there a reason ATS is being blocked? Where else is it being blocked?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Some consider it adult content,

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Forums in general should be blocked for use in public places, especially because you cannot guarantee the content will be suitable for all ages. By no means do I think ATS is harmful but I can see why it would be blocked. (especially in a school setting)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
One more reason to avoid fast food..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Forums in general should be blocked for use in public places

The entire internet IS a public place.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Is there a reason ATS is being blocked? Where else is it being blocked?

Heaps of places will block you visiting forums.

I'm surprised maccas doesn't do it too.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i guess you can't have it your way. sorry, couldn't resist.
also, its good to be the king.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I dont like this business!

I have raised my Kids on ATS and they are the most informed intelligent people I know.

What a farce.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
guess the prospect of your customers reading about funky genetically modified food while they eat isn't the best business model.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

hahahahaha!!! Great reply! Thats funny!!! Love your signature by the way!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Basically schools and any places with public wifi have a program put in of some sort like a firewall that will block certain websites that have banned keywords attached to them. It would take too much work to construct a list of specific sites to block out. Sure you can manually add sites too.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If I were you I would try to surf it through a VPN or use one of those many anonymizer websites. People in China are usually successful using a VPN to go through the great firewall of China. If you try any of these techniques tell us how it went please.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LuxFestinus

Surfing through a virtual private network sounds like the best strategy. These schools and public institutions must buy into a filter service that has ATS on their ban list? Probably be interesting to see what kind of site demographics are banned by the different filter services as well. This really amounts to little more than the ATS CAPTCHA threads that actually help reduce spam on our site.

top topics

join