It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Fish Kill in California- Billions of Dead Fish!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In the video you linked, at the end, it is explained that the cause was the fish got lost.

Fish do not get lost. People get lost, fish do not. Very lame explanation.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

And here I thought that smell was just the skanks on the beach.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by switching yard
The latest obviously bogus official story I've heard is that they are saying a huge school of these fish got confused because of "high winds" and the whole school went into the bay to escape the winds and then they all used up each other's oxygen. Yeah, right. High winds.

This is just another government coverup of whatever is really happening. The media will just parrot whatever the feds say.

High winds? Give me a break.

There was definitely high winds.

I thought we were having a hurricane or tornado or something.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Reading some of your reply, I`m actually glad that at least most of you are doubting the "official" story, I mean please people, if the locals have a hard time remembering when was the last time they saw something similar, and can vouch for the strangeness of the event!

I mean all of us can see when something changes in the places we find familiar, if a tree where missing from your front lawn, or if a river now runs where a desert once stood, or even when masses of dead animals gather on your beaches, we notice, they cant hide that , they try though, they try to sweep everything that rattles the hen house under the rug instead of facing the consequences...

how is it today? are they cleaning it up?

I lived in Cali several years and have those beaches well etched in my heart still...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Just because there were actual high winds, doesn't validate the story.

TBH, I don't know what the hell killed those fish. You know what else? I really don't care either. This world is going to hell in a hand-basket and I am ready for it.

A2D

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Any latest news on this ?? Did any scientists made any discovery ??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by Annee

Just because there were actual high winds, doesn't validate the story.

TBH, I don't know what the hell killed those fish. You know what else? I really don't care either. This world is going to hell in a hand-basket and I am ready for it.

A2D

According to Michio Kaku - - - massive animal die offs are very common. Especially animals that live in groups (schools - flocks - pods - herds).

Just about anything can disorient them -- putting them in danger.

He said - - - the only alarm is we now have access to this information - - which we didn't before.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
When I saw this on the news 18 hours before it popped up here I knew conspirators would leap on it (wish they'd leap closer to cliffs).

When fish congregate in a still water area in large numbers they die. The same would happen if we shut the doors inside a hug airtight stadium and filled it with 50 times more people than it could hold.

There is no conspiracy, it's not government related, there are no aliens involved, the Jews are not involved, the oil compnaies had nothing to do with it.

It was an unusual but natural occurring event.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
According to Michio Kaku - - - massive animal die offs are very common. Especially animals that live in groups (schools - flocks - pods - herds).

Just about anything can disorient them -- putting them in danger.

He said - - - the only alarm is we now have access to this information - - which we didn't before.

I think that the situation here is that, while these occurances are natural and somewhat common, it's the frequency with which they are happening. Not to trot out an old term, but it does certainly seem like a 'quickening' is taking place before our eyes... mass animal deaths, extreme weather phenomena, civil unrest, economic disaster, etc. At what point does all of this reach a head? And then, what? Catastrophy? Global 'reset?' An long period of quiet and calm?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Seems like they're working really hard trying to make sure that there will be no food for the ones who remain alive after the 2012-2013 Cataclysms arrive.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Billions or Millions? I heard millions...

Anyway yeah another natural occurance so say's the overpayed nay sayers... I do think it is suspicious how many "mass" deaths of sea life there have been in the past what? 3 months? heh

Whatever is killing them i guess the next generation will be mutated and more stronger, strong enough to adapt to the poison ocean habitat they must now have to exist in...

The next generation of ocean life has to evolve to survive in it's environment, so we will probably see "superfish" sometime down the road...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
Not to trot out an old term, but it does certainly seem like a 'quickening' is taking place before our eyes... mass animal deaths, extreme weather phenomena, civil unrest, economic disaster, etc. At what point does all of this reach a head? And then, what? Catastrophy? Global 'reset?' An long period of quiet and calm?

Maybe - - I am not discounting unnatural possibilities. I do personally feel the "quickening" - - but don't let it interfere with living life. I'm not a Doomsdayer.

Machio Kaku said - - that the numbers and occurrences of mass animals dying isn't really that high.

Yes - - we are in a weather cycle - - so that could affect things. I tend to lean toward natural weather cycle.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If some geological change happens in the earth crust near the California area, it could cause the death of the specific species of the fish. I would say it is a typical sound resonance phenomenon. Sound can kill animals. But not all the animals with one specific frequency of sound. This can explain several things. One, there are subtle geological changes happening in the deep earth crust near the pacific coast. Two, this may be the precursor of the impending earth quake near the region. And the last, we may be nearing the end of the world scenario.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
First, it's millions not billions, big difference. Second, the kill is thought to be caused by the fish trying to outrun the annual red-tide, but I doubt that explanation. My bet is all of these deaths will eventually link back to the GOM disaster and the use of corexit

I blame corexit and the oil spill as well.

Also If you look at the linked article, a caption on one of the photos, says Billions.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jussi
I found a similar case from 2007

independent.gmnews.com...

Even though no one seems to notice, in 1976 in the same area 15 million fish were floating dead..

..statistically these die-offs should happen every other day (..in US alone..) - as they have happened so far.. But please everyone feel free to ignore this.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Resident evil extinction......lets be kind to each other please.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
so in the spirit of a fun conspiracy theory lets connect the dots between this thread, the Corexit thread and Synthia.

Say hello to Synthia =)

en.wikipedia.org...

Corexit woman diagnosed with a close relative of synthia:

Abovetopsecret Corexit thread

Synthia in our natural enviroment... sounds dangerous.

Have a conspiratory evening. hehe

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If it is of interest, the site www.beforeitsnews.com has a dedicated section titled Mass Animal Deaths. They seem to keep on top of things. Apologies if this link has already been posted, its the kind of site that feeds ATS with discussion ideas, so most of us should know about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jussi

That is a good find. Although it happened on the opposite side of the country. It points to all the possibilities that the recent story is selling.

The wind theory, don't buy it. And with all the wind the day before, you'd think it would have churned up even the Redondo Beach marina waters and add extra oxygen.

I do think this was a crust displacement scenario. I am thinking the harmonics would affect a certain species.

But just guessing, who knows.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Very strange and surreal images...

Ha. I'm definitely not one for the "end of the world" type stuff or 2012...

But I wonder if in the near future survivors of some major earth catastrophe would say to each other "I remember hearing stories in the news about massive fish and bird and animal die offs... No one really payed much attention but that's when it all started."

Things like this kick my imagination into gear

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join