It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry at work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hmm, here is the Democrats hope hard at work on the campaign trail. Nice to know that he is willing to work so hard to make sure he is "working for America."

KERRY AT WORK?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Get out the duct tape.

That sound you hear is liberal heads about to explode on this post.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My question is...

over what time frame were those pictures taken ? 1, 2, 3 years ?

everyone is entitled to vacation !

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey beside the snow ski and the hockey I pretty much have done all that. And I am not politician
It only shows how fit and healthy he is

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Oh grow up.

He's RUNNING for President, He doesnt have all the Presidential duties that GW has, Kerrys main focal point is to bond with Mr & Mrs Average American, If you're in Colorado and you want to show people you love theirs tate then you're going to Ski, right? Or if you're in Vermont you'll talk to farmers, maybe stay in a farmhouse. Nebraska? You go shooting with the locals.

This is all about bonding. Just what duty is he neglecting?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Why don't they show the OTHER side of the picture... like Mr. Bush going on a family vacation during times of crises or going out on the campaign trail. This was something that he did during his stintas governor here in Texas. When things got hot, Bush left Austin and went off to do something high-profile and political. Heaven forbid that he pull an Ann Richards (previous governor) and actually stay in Austin and administrate!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

A leading Democrat criticized President Bush on Tuesday for planning to spend a month at his Texas ranch while the stock market plunges and foreign affairs remain volatile.

www.usatoday.com...

In August 2001, President George W. Bush received a memo entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike In US." He then went fishing and brush clearing on a 32-day vacation on his ranch in Crawford, Texas�the longest vacation period ever recorded by a U.S. President. The next month, terrorists flew jetliners into the WTC and the Pentagon, killing thousands.

www.1115.org...

If your comments are suppose to paint Bush in a good light or something you might want to come at it from another angle.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The snowboarding,and para sailing or whatever its called are pretty funny. I think hes pulling for the Gen-X vote pretty hard. Im waiting for the skateboarding kerry

Everyone needs a vaction now and then but to do stuff that you would not normally do just to get young votes is pretty funny in my opinion

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Drudge can call Kerry gay, say he takes too many vacations, or whatever he'll think up tommorrow. It's not about Kerry, it's about how disastrous a president Bush has been. To paraphrase a political quote, "It's the idiot, stupid!'

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
He's working on being photogenic. That is the level at which the average American operates. I think the average voter probably pays some additional attention to a candidate's character and outlook. After all, while current issues are relevant, the person you elect as president is probably going to deal with any number of situations none of us even know about now. You want someone who you believe will make the best and most well-balanced decisions and actions when those unexpected events come up.

I think Kerry still has a soul, Bush, if he ever did, no longer does.

Regardless of who gets elected I think we are headed for an economic downturn. We (government, corporations and individuals) are so deep in debt now it is hard to imagine, especially with interest rates starting to rise that there is any smooth recovery from it.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Hmm, here is the Democrats hope hard at work on the campaign trail. Nice to know that he is willing to work so hard to make sure he is "working for America."

KERRY AT WORK?

Too funny. GW Bush has taken more vacation in history than any other President ever. And you are trying to paint a picture of what? What agenda?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Although im not from the US, im already happy with him. Everything is better then Bush. It's nice to see him doind all these sports, he's a man of many things. It's good that they made all these pictures. Good publicity.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDog
Too funny. GW Bush has taken more vacation in history than any other President ever. And you are trying to paint a picture of what? What agenda?

I am curious as to how, exactly, the President of the United States can take a vacation. Sure we might call it that, but has anyone ever noticed the number of people that go with him on vacation? Has anyone ever noticed that he still gets daily briefings on a variety of topics, just like if he were back in DC.

There is no such thing as a vacation for the President. It is more like a change of scenery. If we all took vacations like the President we would be expected to bring all of our work with us and to be ready to come back from vacation at a moments notice.

Anyone who believes that a President can take a vacation probably still believes in things like Democrats working for the people.

[edit on 20/7/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I am curious as to how, exactly, the President of the United States can take a vacation. Sure we might call it that, but has anyone ever noticed the number of people that go with him on vacation? Has anyone ever noticed that he still gets daily briefings on a variety of topics, just like if he were back in DC.

There is no such thing as a vacation for the President. It is more like a change of scenery. If we all took vacations like the President we would be expected to bring all of our work with us and to be ready to come back from vacation at a moments notice.

Anyone who believes that a President can take a vacation probably still believes in things like Demcrats working for the people.[edit on 20/7/04 by COOL HAND]

Well - they have and are calling it a vacation (clearing brush, etc.)

"According to an August 2003 article in the Washington Post, President Bush has spent all or part of 166 days during his presidency at his Crawford, Texas, ranch or en route. Add the time spent at or en route to the presidential retreat of Camp David and at the Bush family estate in Kennebunkport, Maine, and Bush has taken 250 days off as of August 2003. That's 27% of his presidency spent on vacation. "

Campaign ruins Bush vacation
www.iht.com...

While Bush vacationed, 911 warnings went unheard
slate.msn.com...

and so on and so on

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That doesn't answer my questions. In fact, rather than answer any of my questions you post more democratic propaganda about how much time Bush spends while on vacation. Don't even try to pass them off as objective news.

Again, I say that the President gets no such thing as a vacation. Can someone please show me how he gets to vacation like the rest of us?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

That doesn't answer my questions. In fact, rather than answer any of my questions you post more democratic propaganda about how much time Bush spends while on vacation. Don't even try to pass them off as objective news.

Again, I say that the President gets no such thing as a vacation. Can someone please show me how he gets to vacation like the rest of us?

ROTFLMAO! You are too funny, COOL HAND. You have done nothing but spew Republican propaganda in this thread, yet you have the audacity to chastise another poster for posting Democratic propaganda, and to admonish him not to try to pass his propaganda off as objective news.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Sorry if you can't handle it there bubba. Just quoting a few news sources. No propoganda - that is just plain silly. Look at how you started this thread to begin with.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Sorry if you can't handle it there bubba. Just quoting a few news sources. No propoganda - that is just plain silly. Look at how you started this thread to begin with.

That stuff is garbage. In the slate article the author has to go back and correct himself. Why? Didn't he do enough research before shooting off his mouth?

Again, my questions are dodged. I started this thread as a way to point out that Kerry should be given the same treatement with regards to his vacationing. The liberals blast Bush for taking time off, which is vastly different than when the public takes time off, yet they find no fault in Sen Kerry taking time off AWAY from his state.

Shouldn't Kerry be using his time off in his own state to fix issues there that he has avioded while on the campaign trail?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yeah, like you couldn't dig up pictures of Bush. Doesn't matter to me. I'd vote for Micky Mouse if he were the only one running against Bush!

top topics

join