It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cydonia - why not explore it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It is apparent there are questionable structures present in the cydonia area of mars. Why not just send an explorer like the two present on mars to that area?

Imagine how awesome it would be to view the cydonia 'pyramids'? What if they actually were pyramidal when viewed up close, that would be amazing and have quite serious implications on earths history and origins.

Looking forward to it if they do.....one can only dream =)

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Great question....I dont understand why they just dont go there and settle the questions instead of poking around at rocks that really aren't going to tell us much. Geology is important, but lets get some better answers!

Of course I think if those monuments, glass-like tunnels, etc. are real they may very well be burined under a layer of dirt and dust meaning they need to send something that can get "inside".

I also don't understand why they dont send a rover or something to explore what seem to be plant-like formations near the polar regions!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sorry but somebody already made this thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
my bad, didn't see that.

mod can you lock it up?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You can take your choice here, either it is too rocky to make a safe landing-wait, the land in a giant balloon devise, so that should not matter. I could be that there IS something there that is not natural and we-the gov- don't want this known. It could be that this area shows no signs of water or "current" life. I think it would be interesting to have a national vote to choose where we should explore on Mars; this might settle the score once and for all. Read an article indicating that the next thing we are sending to Mars will be a plane that will unfold and fly around Mars, with cameras. I have another idea, we have satellite technology that allows us to read the brand cig�s in your pocket, and this should be good enough to tell a lot more about Cydonia and other regions. In the same satellite they could put in radar mapping devices to tell where water and mineral reserves are.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well the government says there is nothing there, so as long as they stick to that story, they have no reason to explore there.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sorry but somebody already made this thread.

Indeed.
Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join