It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Should We Buy Gas Before The "Day Of Rage"?

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Are you willing to bet we'll see $5 / gal for diesel?

How many of you think that now that the US has created a buzz phrase, that Fox can get its teeth into, for the Saudi petition and marches... TPTB will use this to raise gas prices in the US?

It's not far to go. And once you break into the $5 on the signs it's only a matter of time.




posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow - just now on CNBC Fast Money they just said - West Covina, CA sells Super for $4.99. That's so weird. I feel all psychic



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername
 


I would say something else - buy an electrical bike and some basic solar panels ! DIY kits are quite cheap, i would say a minimum of 50 watts solar panel will be GOLD if petrol prices go wrong..



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian
 


I love that. Paris has rent-a-bikes everywhere - outside of every metro station!

China has electric bikes everywhere - which is great in places where there are hills like San Francisco.

But society needs a push - maybe the gas hike will do it. Society doesn't usually give up or switch a convenience with out the old one becoming suddenly inconvenient.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia wont let the oil situation screw up our country. They depend on us mostly for their purchasers. But indeed, it will be interesting to watch. If the Saudis' say screw the US, and oil reaches 120 a barrel or more, then holds at that price, can you say hyperinflation? Senator Ron Paul made a comment about this very topic. He even touched basis in his book. About the monetary policy, and its correlation with commodities.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername
 


Those insane prices are due to gasoline taxes, a different issue. For instance gas is still at about $3.69 to a few cents higher here in Anchorage which should always be around $0.30 higher than the highest in the Lower 48. The rest is taxes imposed locally. Any place over $4.00 now is because of their taxes locally.

Nothing you or I can do about this, but there is something we can do here in the US. Demand with such a loud voice that the political nonsense to do with oil production domestically stop and stop now. Demand Congress stop the endless, insane law suit's that have put us all in danger over a tiny percentage of enviro-nuts, who's lies and law suits have brought us to the brink.

I read a recent Poll earlier today that 76% of Americans are for Nuclear Energy. Clean, safe and the best choice until the other technologies are market ready. If not for the Ninth Circuit Court being in the extremists, environmental movements hip pocket, we would not be in this mess now and we would have far less pollution. The Environmentalists madness is actually the cause of pollution.

Then when they do try and build Wind Farms, who stops it? The so called Environmentalists. They remind me of PETA who pretends they are for animals, when in fact there goal is to eliminate all domestic animals by killing them. The Environmentalists say they want a cleaner environment, but then stop the cleanest forms of energy from being used.

I'll never understand how such a tiny minority of irrational people have so much power. Well I can if you think they are a tool being used to destroy us from within, but that's a different topic.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Are you willing to bet we'll see $5 / gal for diesel?

How many of you think that now that the US has created a buzz phrase, that Fox can get its teeth into, for the Saudi petition and marches... TPTB will use this to raise gas prices in the US?

It's not far to go. And once you break into the $5 on the signs it's only a matter of time.



Why, are we burning something for the day of rage?
tic



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername
 


I would not be surprised if we see $6.50 per gallon before the end of
this year.....depending upon what happens in the Middle East between
now and then. And then I guess we will be "happy" when it finally drops
to a mere $4.25 - $4.75 per gallon sometime in 2012.





edit on 3/7/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
erm, don't oil prices always go up during middle east tensions? it's almost always an artificial high, and social and political unrest is a wonderful excuse for middle east export companies to raise prices, which, combined with market speculation...well, then you have $7 a gallon gas.

unless you believe it's all completely manipulated, which is a different discussion...sort of.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamRikeronaSegway
 


Petrol price would increase 50% for every 5% drop in the global output . Sky is the limit! Time to think on converting a very small car into electric, buying a scooter or an electrical bike. Or at least to get rid of the SUV and get one of the most fuel-efficient car you can get hold on.

Here is the list with the best cars to have in the next 2-3 yars..
www.buyacar.co.uk...

Edited to add one more link:
Parts for converting a vehicle into electric :
www.evparts.com...




edit on 7-3-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername
 




Should We Buy Gas Before The "Day Of Rage"?


Day of rage?

Rage at... what? That our representative government no longer represents anything but special interests? That the oil companies have our society locked in a vaseline jar where discovery and invention are squashed? That our supposed president that was once about freedom now seems bent to take as much or more than his predecessor?

Personally, I have a day of rage each day that I have to wake to life being stolen in a nation that was created to end that sort of thing. The rage is fed by a government that no longer cares about its people at home on the excuse that we must fill some undefined globalist destiny.

And in America, what would you have us do? Even under the situation listed above, we still have it far better than 70% of the world around us. How do you convince those still comfortable with their manicured lawns and big screen TVs that there is something to rage about?

Should we do as the Greeks, as the Egyptians, as the Libyans... we only serve to cripple the only country left on the globe with the slightest hope of leading it out of this darkness. As imperfect as it is and always has been, what would you put in its place and how would you, personally, lead this country into a new direction that didn't chance seeing it divided and subdivided into something far less than it is?

These are questions that don't generally get asked by those who break windows, burn cars and shout slogans. The act of rebellion is itself a drug that can become addictive. To change is not always to improve so... unless someone has a plan that holds more hope than what can be done without the rage...

Things must indeed change... I just question whether there is anything waiting that serves us to make such a change.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Look , this guy from NZ converted a scrap car into electric:

www.youtube.com...
(follow the rest of the parts)


The mistake this guy did , was to not get a better / lighter petrol car for conversion. If the petrol engine is broken, fixing it could go so expensive that you can find decent cars (broken engine of course) on very low price. Then, get your deep cycle batteries, parts and you could still use your car when everyone else is in trouble.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ok, one more video before i go to bed (Europe here). Please watch it everyone! It was made in 2008 by BBC , but it sounds like it was made in June 2011!!
. BBC can now say : "I TOLD YOU SO!"


www.youtube.com...



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't think that the one tank of gas I get will be all the big of a difference to me over the long run.

And I don't have a personal tanker.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I got Rage Against the Machine stuck in my head. Alternative energies are not going to help me mow 80 acres of commercial property. That is just one property I have to do.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Saudi Arabia wont let the oil situation screw up our country. They depend on us mostly for their purchasers. But indeed, it will be interesting to watch. If the Saudis' say screw the US, and oil reaches 120 a barrel or more, then holds at that price, can you say hyperinflation? Senator Ron Paul made a comment about this very topic. He even touched basis in his book. About the monetary policy, and its correlation with commodities.



I want to read his book. Is it the King who is controlling the prices? If there is a protest won't he have less of a say?



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I got Rage Against the Machine stuck in my head. Alternative energies are not going to help me mow 80 acres of commercial property. That is just one property I have to do.


You need people energy -



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I don't think that the one tank of gas I get will be all the big of a difference to me over the long run.

And I don't have a personal tanker.


It might carry you through the week of turmoil. We have short memories here in the US - a new news story and the price may go down again before you run out.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamRikeronaSegway
erm, don't oil prices always go up during middle east tensions? it's almost always an artificial high, and social and political unrest is a wonderful excuse for middle east export companies to raise prices, which, combined with market speculation...well, then you have $7 a gallon gas.

unless you believe it's all completely manipulated, which is a different discussion...sort of.


Oh I'm perfectly happy to believe it's all manipulated - I'm an ATSer after all.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
reply to post by WilliamRikeronaSegway
 


Petrol price would increase 50% for every 5% drop in the global output . Sky is the limit! Time to think on converting a very small car into electric, buying a scooter or an electrical bike. Or at least to get rid of the SUV and get one of the most fuel-efficient car you can get hold on.

Here is the list with the best cars to have in the next 2-3 yars..
www.buyacar.co.uk...

Edited to add one more link:
Parts for converting a vehicle into electric :
www.evparts.com...




edit on 7-3-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)


These are fantastic links.

I have a diesel which right now is the most expensive fuel - sigh - but at least it's supposed to be greener.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join