It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want Some Books To Start Reading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
G'day I want some books to read I'm into hoolow earth,aliens,cryptzoology, conspiracies not into chemtrails and such.......... any good books please could you tell me what they are about thanks for your help

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Journeys into The Dreamtime by Niel Hague is one of my favourite books. I have not read any of his others yet,but cant wait to.

www.neilhague.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You could start (if Not already..) with Urantia. Its a big book that explains a lot..about alien worlds and civilization.

ebook

click above ^^

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If you like abduction stories check out Communion..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
End the Fed by Ron Paul
The Revolution, A manifesto by Ron Paul
Conspiracies by Jesse Ventura

The Conspiracy one is more directed towards government conspiracies, not UFO stuff.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

"The Hobbit, or there and back again" by J. R. R. Tolkien

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Cosmic Trigger I,II and III by the late great Robert Anton Wilson

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I would suggest Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End." It involves a revisit of an alien race, (just one being) back to Earth aftere a long absence. Of incalcuable intelligence, it has returned to do the final guiding of the human race into a higher, spiritual form. As far I'm concerned, it is a prophetic story about what is happening to our planet today. It is easily found in used book stores as a paperback.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Greetings.
One of my favorite books is The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo.
Its about following your dreams and at least from my perspective was very inspirational and a moving novel.
If you choose to read it enjoy

Take care.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Check this one out:

"Incubus" - The Untold Story of the Under-Government by Mister Duke

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm currently about halfway through "Tommyknockers" by Stephen King, which is about aliens, but maybe not in the sense you'd be interested in. The book is really creepy and well done, but there is a pretty boring stretch that hits right when the beginning starts to take off. After that's it's been great and hard to put down.

"Libra" by Don DeLilo is a fantastic novel about Lee Harvey Oswald and the JFK assassination. Really great. Imagine a more subdued version of Oliver Stone's JFK.

"Crying of Lot 49" by Thomas Pynchon is a very strange, somewhat hard to grasp book. It's about a woman who is supposed to execute a former lover's will and ends up in a plot that...well, I'm not quite sure. There's a play within the book, government agents, a shady corporation, underground mail systems, etc. It's nuts and even if you're like me and don't get it, it's still a trip.

"The List of 7" by Mark Frost is a really fun novel about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (the guy who wrote the Sherlock Holmes stories) getting involved with one of the queen's secret agents. They're trying to figure out what's going on after Doyle witnesses a terrible murder at a seance. It has its problems (the end probably being the biggest), but it's still a good read.

"Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco is really, really dense. I found it fairly difficult to get through. That said, it's still a really interesting novel. I don't want to give too much away, but the basic plot is that a group of publishers decide to write a book that's an amalgam of conspiracy theories so they can make some money, but end up getting in over their heads. It deals with, among other things: the Knights Templar, the Illuminati and the occult. When it's good, it's really good and when it's slow, it's painfully slow. Though, when you finish it and step away from it and look at it as a whole, you get a sense of what he was trying to do.

Two books that aren't that good, but are still enjoyable are "City of Pillars" by Dominic Peloso and "Crooked Little Vein" by Warren Ellis. "City of Pillars" is about a man who is accidentally given a strange book, then people around him start dying and he has to go on the run from a Men In Black type organization. "Crooked Little Vein" is about a detective who is sent to find a strange book and ends up getting up to his waist in a few conspiracies. Again, neither are very good, but both have some redeeming qualities.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Books you might like :

Armageddon Conspiracy

The Millionaire's Death Club

Prohibition A

The Last Bling King

All books by Mike Hockney

They are free to download in the given links.

Also check their website Armageddon Conspiracy

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here is a thread I started with a fair number of esoteric books. I have barely scratched the surface, but it gets a bit old typing urls. Anyone can post online books on there to add to the knowledge. It would be very welcome.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You cold start with this massive collection of books.

I can guarantee you this is a great collection that you would not find easy

www.4shared.com...=13123021

Enjoy and spread the knowledge

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Try this brilliant book, a wonderful read......................

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah, what's a good book to read?

Tell it.

new topics

top topics

join