It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Turning Off The Tap -

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Starred ya for your last sentence.

Thread Reply:
Funny thing is...the "Tap" has been off - and only merely dripping - for decades at least.

Yes, 80% of us (at a minimum) have been fighting over the ill-plumbed leak, or literal table scraps of cretins, since about the time of Kennedy's Assassination. And yeah, that really happened.

Just the fact that it gets to be too much means that I at least must purposefully (seemingly spitefully) distract myself from it more than not anymore. It's coming so fast now (because of evolved communication) that you'd have to be serialistic or diabolically motivated just to cope with what is happening now 24/7.

While the information naturally turns us all into cynics and thus feeds upon itself if we don't carry the wisdom to notice it, there's no disputing the mathematical evidence of many of the most selfish practices, other than a healthy, self-preserving dose of denial.

These evolved communications have increased every activity on this planet due to the sheer density of activity possible on one calendar...not just our unfortunate penchants for gleaning this kind of information.

Or maybe we're all here just 'cause misery loves company...maybe we were all miserable before we even found ATS. But what does that say about everything else?

DENY IGNORANCE!

edit on 7-3-2011 by lagnar because: Tongue LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

It is in times of war that people help eachother most and when it comes to civilians - even the enemy. War can and does bring out the best in us and for those who lack this deep seated human trate and perpertrate evil on the world and those around them are nothing more than animals.

WWII = Germany, Italy, France, Holland, China

Recent = Cambodia, Vietnam, Afghanistan-Russia, Iran-Iraq, US-Iraq, Yugoslavia

I probably missed some but just look into these conflicts and you can see what I am referring to. The idea that we can all be noble is trumped, and no matter what you have to factor in the actions of others. You seem to have a very naive outlook on the world.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
I don't know, friend. I once thought exactly the same as your OP suggests...

But while driving home from work today, I noticed the same rush hour traffic I have for decades. The wal-mart super centers are as crowded as ever, and the expensive steakhouses are maxed out.

It makes me honestly wonder. Maybe its US. Maybe 'we' on here---or some of us--- are suffering from net-overload and a little paranoia. I'm very tempted to unplug a while. I suspect some of us on here might share a sort of collective, semi-subjective world view that is grimmer and darker by far than the reality in our towns and neighborhoods.

Maybe we are the sheep, and the internet is our shepherd?

It's food for thought anyway.

You certainly make some good points here but I can't help but wonder how much of their spending is on Credit Cards - I know there was a survey done in the UK - sorry can't remember details but is was showing how people were using the cards to not only buy food but to pay bills such as heating and buy fuel for their cars so I suspect a lot of this is going on still however, this does have limits as to how long it can go on.
I remember when Credit Cards first became popular - they were used purely for luxury goods.

I also notice a decline in the old 'keeping up with the Jones's' and wonder if this is true - do other members notice this too?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Not if the sleeping giant has anything to do with it!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Buy/obtain all the seeds for plants/crops you can get. Put them in your freezer.

Once the New World Order achieves it's Global Control you won't be able to obtain plant seeds.

Global Crops will be controlled by Bankers.

The next big underground will not be growing marijuana....but growing FOOD. You can't eat Gold. So you better invest wisely...stock up on SEEDS.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I also think it wise to stock up or grow for alternative medicine as we will be forced to continue with the poisoning from Big Pharma to keep us dumbed down. I also have a filter system for collecting rain water for drinking - they can keep their flouride!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join