It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: America IS NOT Broke, Madison Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I did a search and didn't get any hits that this is already posted, if so, please delete.

First of all, if you can't add anything to the conversation except "Moore's a fat pig", "His movies suck", etc don't bother replying. This is a conversation for adults.

March 5th:

America is not broke.

Contrary to what those in power would like you to believe so that you'll give up your pension, cut your wages, and settle for the life your great-grandparents had, America is not broke. Not by a long shot. The country is awash in wealth and cash. It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks and the portfolios of the uber-rich.

Today just 400 Americans have more wealth than half of all Americans combined.

Full transcript and video can be found here:

Huff

Personally, I thought it was a great speech. I saw alot of elements, ideas that should appeal to both sides of the fence. Plus he also touched on several themes that I, we talk about here at ATS daily. More ( no pun intended) people who have a voice have to speak up, stand in front of the camera and tell it like it is.

So, what you say?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

Yep, I Like Michael Moore, I think people don't like him because he doesn't agree with gun possession.

Anyway. the quote is probably (defiantly) the same for here in the UK.

Greed.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think saying "America isnt broke" is not correct at all.

I think as a matter of fact, we ARE broke, for the most part. There are people who will survive the economic turmoil ahead better than others, and there are some that will actually gain from it all, but we as a collective country, are broke.

I do not include the "uber rich" when I say "we as a country" because if you havent noticed, "we the country" are not included by the "uber rich" when they speak about themselves. They are above the law, which we are not, they run politics, which we do not.

In the grand scheme of things, the reality is, there are 300 million puppets for about 1000 puppet masters. Eventually, the odds will be realized and wars will be fought.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Bravo! That speech was dead-on, right between the eyes, 100% correct.
Mr. Moore.

And to think it wasn't even read off a teleprompter...

Thanks for sharing it! The message has been spread, let's start taking back our country today.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Good find.

Micheal Moore is not as big a tool as I thought he was. Maybe if we can get a few million more people to camp outside their state capitol buildings. we can get some things fixed around here.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

" First of all, if you can't add anything to the conversation except "Moore's a fat pig", "His movies suck", etc don't bother replying. This is a conversation for adults. "

Well , what else is there to say about this Guy after you Pointed Out his Whole Essence right there ?

I could maybe add............

Fat Boy Marxist THINK SPEAK . Why does Anyone with any semblance of a Brain in their Head even Listen to what this Irrelevant NOBODY has to say ? I'd rather listen to my Dog Fart than this Clown.........

edit on 6-3-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

read the speech.

edit on 6-3-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

www.slate.com...

Read the Article ., The Guy is a FRAUD .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

" First of all, if you can't add anything to the conversation except "Moore's a fat pig", "His movies suck", etc don't bother replying. This is a conversation for adults. "

Well , what else is there to say about this Guy after you Pointed Out his Whole Essence right there ?

I could maybe add............

Fat Boy Marxist THINK SPEAK . Why does Anyone with any semblance of a Brain in their Head even Listen to what this Irrelevant NOBODY has to say ? I'd rather listen to my Dog Fart than this Clown.........

So what do you disagree with in the speech? Please provide examples and your opinion or solutions.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

read the speech.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Doesn't all this depend on what "broke" means? Sure, there is currency circulating around and some people have more than others. But I take "broke' to mean that we owe more than we have, and more than we're going to have in the forseeable future. (And by "we" I mean the nation as a whole and the vast majority of the citizens.)

If I'm right in my definitions, I would then say that Mr. Moore's speech is inaccurate and he is simply trying to move some of the currency from one person's pocket to another.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
While I do agree that America is not broke, we do have infamously wealthy people here, the problem then arises of how to manage this problem. Taxing people even more than we already do has definitely not proven effective, having the world’s highest corporate tax and excessive regulations is also not effective, but pumping money into the hands of bankers and international businessmen darn sure is not effective.

If we want to reclaim the glory of this great republic we must reclaim this country from those who seek to exploit it and the residence of it, a great purge of sorts. We do not need more regulations, taxes, or laws, to the contrary we need far fewer. The problem however is that when we currently speak of reducing these things it will only make the elite wealthier and us more destitute. Policies we pursue must be for the general welfare of the entire nation, this includes rebuilding our infrastructure, bringing back manufacturing, halting immigration so we can assimilate those already here, and bring back a sense of national identity again.

Right now either way we turn ‘left’ or ‘right’ we run straight into the hands of the globalists. When we realize that the UN, WTO, NAFTA, GATT, WHO, NATO, and the IMF are all scams to systematically dismantle our entire national political, economic, and cultural structure for the development and benefit of the international bankers and businessmen who control the CIA, Military Congressional Industrial Complex, Federal Reserve, the multinational corporations, and our past 9 administrations, then we can reclaim what is rightfully ours from their hands.

Have we not learned that debt, war, fiat currency, inflation, interventionism, and international organization obedience are merely the tools they use to take from us and give to them?

I am not sure if Michael Moore fully comprehends everything, he makes good points but he is still generally foolish, his idea of tax-spend-regulate will not provide us with a better standard of living, we must solve the larger problem. Reinvigorate the local economies, produce locally and nationally, protect our national industry and our workers, encourage entrepreneurship, remove the regulations from people and businesses (re-establish Glass-Stegall), lower taxes on businesses that create jobs here and on workers, hand Medicare/Medicaid and Social Security to the states, and implement a strong import tariff.
edit on 3/6/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
roguesoul:

Actually Moore is a lifetime NRA member. It's not so much gun possession he disagrees with, it's the gun mentality that prevails in America.

JustinIowa:

I agree somewhat, but remember that some of the money of the "uber rich" was stolen from YOU.

tooo many pills:

Please pass along the info to others!!!!

watchitburn:

Thank you for having an open mind and listening to what he's saying, rather then who he is.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If they stole it what does that mean? what pupose was there in stealing it? there is more going on than they stole all the money, fine they stole it now what exactly happens. think there going to give it back and fix America not likely they are doing what the 50 year plan was designed to do we know all ready. Now what are going play the price is right.
Money was just the illision it's a concept for something darker that hides in the shadows of money, it allows they to build move and spew a bigger conspricy than 400 rich bank robbers trying to proceed one world banking concept. People are being distracted trying to fit toeghter a puzzle that makes sense yet they can get the pieces to fit. Thats the illusion Why do you need a one world currency why not just implement it? it makes sense to everyone, why do it underhandedly? distractions buy time instill fear unconfidence. where's the intelligence. If there great intelligence having a single world bank and currency, you would sell that concept as it's very sellable, on an intellect level. There are all these dark approches happening from very intelligent people and groups that have wealth all ready. There are getting everything covered up as they go along the agenda is not really about money, yes it does help but its the the real purpose the real truth there actually covering through the concept of money. The truth is an alien invasion of our world people to alter our gentics.Souls are sold humanity is being sold. The Sith are here the darkness awaits you all!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

" The truth is, there's lots of money to go around. LOTS. It's just that those in charge have diverted that wealth into a deep well that sits on their well-guarded estates. They know they have committed crimes to make this happen and they know that someday you may want to see some of that money that used to be yours. So they have bought and paid for hundreds of politicians across the country to do their bidding for them. But just in case that doesn't work, they've got their gated communities, and the luxury jet is always fully fueled, the engines running, waiting for that day they hope never comes. To help prevent that day when the people demand their country back, the wealthy have done two very smart things:"

What he says here is nothing New . So how is he Personally gonna Change that ? This Speech in nothing more than a Publicity Stunt by him to gain Attention .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ya and he's one of them, his movies have grossed over 300 million dollars if not more with dvd's and all his books.

but atleast he tells it like it is.

the problem with americans is that they complain it's unfair and that these people are keeping us poor and hoarding all the wealth, but 99.9% want to be them, would trade places with them and would implement the exact same tactics they employ to keep you poor and them rich.

this hypocrisy and attitude is why the elite have no problem in what they do. and don't give 3 craps if you can't afford food.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I do not understand how anyone can say America is not broke when we in fact use debt for money. That is right the IOU in your pockets are debt notes not value notes. It is a note for debt and not money in the classical sense of a store of value. It is a store of transferable debt. We are a nation that is more in debt than the rest of the world combined from the beginning of civilization so we can not be a truly wealthy nation. Not in the sense of China who owns a large amount of our debt and can afford without going into debt to build high speed trains and launch satellites into space.

If we want to launch the space shuttle we have to go 400 million into debt to launch it. We do not have the money to do it so we barrow it. How is that a wealthy country? If China wants to send a man to the moon they can pull the money out of their pocket. If the US wanted to do it we would have to barrow the money from the Chinese. How does that make us a rich nation?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It might be nothing new to you or people on ATS and it might not have any answers to the problems, but I guarantee you it opened a lot of sheeple’s eyes and gave them some inspiration to fight back.

It wasn't a publicity stunt for attention, it was a speech. If Moore wanted to do a publicity stunt he would have dropped his pants and mooned the crowd, then people like you would click the video to post some dogfart jokes. But you’re entitled to your opinion so believe whatever you want to believe.

I'm no Michael Moore fan, I've never seen one of his movies, but it was a good speech.. you've got to give him that.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If Micheal Moore is on your side, than that would be a good indication, that you are on the wrong side.
this is straight out of the liberal playbook, to blame the wealthy. Is it not the wealthy who float the bill for public sector employee's? Public Sector unions do not create anything, they create no wealth. It is the public sector that depends on the wealthy. We have all had to tighten our belts these past few years, and yet those who have had it the best, cry the loudest. Micheal Moore should no better then anyone, what Union's and Democratic control can do, to a economy. Like a biblical plague of locust, they have laid waste, to his home State...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
America is broke! infact the world is broke. Because the money never existed - it was created as debt.

I will put it as simply as I can right here -
Every country in the world is in debt - who do they owe it to? Not individuals, simply they owe it to each other, because they loan each other money that never existed to start with - which creates debt, debt which incurs interest which also never existed so it needs to be borrowed in order to be payed off - this results in a ever growing exponential debt that can not be repayed because their is more debt than there is wealth in the system.

We live in a debt based money system - this is fact, if you do not understand this please actually research where money comes from.

In a debt-money system, money can not enter an economy without simultaneously creating debt, in our system the amount of debt created always outweighs the amount of value created because of interest and reloaning etc - again this is fact.

Quite simply if we keep putting out more debt than money with value eventually 99% of the people will be broke. 1% will have all the wealth (currently this is 1% of people have 40% of the wealth)
This is the design of the system - this is the game of monopoly. Money makes money, and eventually 1 person will end up with it all.

No point trying to redistribute the money if we are still going to follow this system that inevitably enables the minority to own the majority.

edit on 6-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join