It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions about Astral Projection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi, I am just wondering about a few things about Astral Projection. Thank you to those who would answer.

Here are my questions:

1. What would you recommend for a person to do if they want to be less afraid of doing Astral Projection? I heard that Astral Projection won't work if the person is somewhat afraid/doubtful of it.

2. Have you astral projected to other planets where aliens and other human beings live? Please describe your experiences if you did.

3. Sometimes people report that they "fell in their sleep" or "body jerked and they woke up". Is this the astral body returning back to the physical body?

4. Have you ever saw any aliens or any non-human beings on the Astral Plane?

5. Is it possible "to fall in love" with another person on the Astral Plane?

6. Does the Astral Plane feel as "physical" and the "real" world?

7. How often do you Astral Project?

8. How long can a person stay Astral Projected at most or is there no limit to how long Astral Projection lasts?

Again, thank you so much.
edit on 6-3-2011 by sphinx551 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Hi, I am just wondering about a few things about Astral Projection. Thank you to those who would answer.

Here are my questions:

1. What would you recommend for a person to do if they want to be less afraid of doing Astral Projection? I heard that Astral Projection won't work if the person is somewhat afraid/doubtful of it.

2. Have you astral projected to other planets where aliens and other human beings live? Please describe your experiences if you did.

3. Sometimes people report that they "fell in their sleep" or "body jerked and they woke up". Is this the astral body returning back to the physical body?

8. How long can a person stay Astral Projected at most or is there no limit to how long Astral Projection lasts?

Again, thank you so much.
edit on 6-3-2011 by sphinx551 because: (no reason given)

Okay, lets start with number one first..If you have any fears or doubts in your mind..Stop you are not ready yet..

That being said, I find the best way to do this is during sleep..Yes I said during sleep..You see reaching a heightened awareness is no different from lucid dreaming..Some people just have different methods of reaching a heightened state..

I find it to be fairly easy to start out with teaching your self to lucid dream, thus further training your mind for such experiences..Start out by making it a habit to look at a clock when ever you are around one..Say the clock says 4:35 for a example..Next look away from the clock and immediately look back at it..If it reads the same time twice in a row say to yourself I am awake..This creates what are called reality check points..As a clock will almost never read the same time in a dream..soon you will start questioning dreams while you are a sleep..When you realize you questioned something in your sleep you will become lucid..allowing you to control the dream..

Train your mind my friend..As it is a powerful tool.. Start from the beginning As, astral projection is simply entering a lucid state while being awake..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

=============================================================
To be honest, you do have to get over your fears. If you keep getting afraid before the point of separation you will end the experience and have to try again some other time. One example of this is that when people get the sensation of falling they tend to jerk their body. This is something you need to overcome, and just go with it. If you were to let the falling feeling continue, you will, after a few seconds usually, separate from your physical body. I have used this method countless times, although my preferred method is to roll out of my body as if i was turning over in bed.

Sadly I have not made it off this planet, although I haven't really tried too many times.

Exactly. I think I answered this pretty well though in your first question. If not just let me know.

Since all of my astral experiences are on this planet, I have only had contact with human looking beings. Although, for this questions sake, the next time I project I will definitely see if I can get some non-human contact. I am usually able to "summon" (if thats the right word) the people I wish to talk to. Although none in the past have been other-worldly.

Edit: I wanted to add, I have had contact with aliens and other worldly beings and have been able to communicate with them, BUT the difference is that Im not 100% sure if it was a lucid dream or astral projection. Although many classify them as one in the same, but I just wanted to make that clear. From a pure astral projection stand point, I dont remember any contact with anything other then normal humans. But, from a lucid dreaming stand point, and those who look at lucid dreaming as just a sleep induced astral projection - then you could possibly say the answer to the question would be Yes. A bit confusing but I was looking through some of my older posts and they reminded me of some experiences I've had.

Well, its definitely possible to have sex if thats what you are asking. The feelings are EXACTLY the same. And also, while this isnt your question, I will say that it is definitely possible to fall in love with the astral world itself.

Yes and no. It almost feels like you are underwater sometimes, but it doesnt restrict your movements the way water would. It just gives you that general feeling. I think its just you noticing the difference between the physical and astral worlds. I am able to walk through walls, doors, houses, fly, and anything else you can imagine as well - so in that area its quite different, but the physical world itself looks the same most of the time from a visual standpoint. Although, sometimes there are very slight differences that are a bit quirky.

This number for me varies quite a lot since I dont really have a "method" for projecting. I tend to get sleep paralysis quite naturally for some reason, and quite often at times - which allows me to use that to roll out of my physical body and continue on in the astral world. This can happen anywhere from multiple times a night, to sadly just multiple times a month. I prefer it to be more frequent, since I absolutely love the astral world.

For me, I'd say it "seems" that I am in the astral world for about ten to fifteen minutes on average. A lot of this has to do with the fact that ninety-nine percent of my projections are in the early morning - and then when the dogs start barking or people wake up the noises tend to end my experience a bit early. Which I then promptly fall right back into it most of the time. Its funny though. Its almost like, If I project once and get woken up, I can hop right back into the astral world no problem. I wish it was that easy all the time.
edit on 3/6/2011 by deadline527 because: spelling and formatting.

edit on 3/6/2011 by deadline527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm just in the beginning trying to understand it myself. I tried one night, I laid on my back, no background noise, closed my eyes and said, "Let my body sleep and mind awake." That helps to remember to not sleep before it's too late. I remembered I was there I felt my body vibrating, and felt a pull from my head, as if my soul was unhingng from the head. They say to imagine yourself twisting or rolling out of the body. At that point I began to freak out, because my breathing was different, like I wasn't controlling it. That's when I lost the astral projection.

What happens is your soul is letting go of the body and the fear of dying will paralyze the astral projection and you wake up. It does feel like your going to die if you let go, thats the hard part to overcome....goodl uck!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Also, I posted this in another thread but I felt it is very relevant to what you are trying to do..

Id like to give a few tips that I find will add the most chance of success, which are also something I've explained many previous times in my previous posts. Some of them are quite lengthy threads, but there are a lot of questions answered.

Anyway, first and foremost, I think the absolute BEST time to try to AP is after you've received about five to six hours of sleep. The main reason many people cannot project is because they try at night and are just too tired. Its impossible to straddle that thin space between wake and sleep if you're actually tired. The best thing is to wake up about two or three hours before you normally would, THEN try to AP. You will find you are able to slip back into the sleep state MUCH faster, sometimes within seconds. I would have to say over 95% of my projections are early morning ones.

Another thing I'd like to add is sleep paralysis is a GOOD sign. Many people are frightened by this and it turns them off from astral projection. My body always has the "feeling" of sleep paralysis when I "roll" my astral body off the bed. Basically your mind is awake while your physical body is still asleep. That is exactly what you are aiming for so do not let it scare you.

You may also at times get the sensation of falling rapidly, often actually feeling like you pass through your bed. Again, this is often the start of a projection if you are able to not be overcome by the sensation and let your body keep falling. Eventually you will "break through" in a rough sense and find yourself in the astral. I'm sure in the past you have had this feeling, and it startled you to the point that you jumped and woke up. If you are able to contain yourself, that can be a very rewarding experience.

Of course there is an endless amount of "techniques" people have, but in my opinion these little tips offer you the greatest chance of success in my opinion. I have had countless projections and over time have sort of learned how to maximize the chances of being successful. Hopefully you find at least one of these suggestions helpful.

I cannot and will not say I have all the answers. I never will, even after hundreds of projections. What I can say though, is the answers are there for those who seek them. But, they may not come from the source you are expecting. Always expect the unexpected, and take your time when you first start out. It takes a while to get better at moving, I will liken this to swimming, and my first few astral beginnings were me twirling around as if in a swimming pool unable to control myself. This is normal. Just relax, and go with it.

=====================================================

As an avid astral projector, I will say sleep paralysis is one of the catalysts I use to be successful. When in a sleep paralysis state, that allows you to move your astral body away from your physical body without actually moving. If you were to move your physical body, you would wake up.

When I move my astral body, its usually a rolling out to the left, where I then roll off the side of my bed and float to the ground. It really does feel like I am rolling over, and I consciously have to do it. When I know I am on the ground, I wait a few seconds and open my eyes to my bedroom.

Once out of body, I float up off the ground and proceed out my door or through my door, depending if its closed. I tend to follow the same paths I do when I am awake - I'm guessing its habit - although instead of opening a door I usually just float through it.

Sleep paralysis for me is a random event, and took me quite some time to get used to the feeling. Sometimes the paralysis isnt total, but you may only be able to move in very slow motion. Occasionally I hear chattering, loud rumbling train-like noises, and can see through my eyelids.

I think that you are able to get sleep paralysis more often if you can teach yourself to recognize the phase of sleep where you are conscious, yet entering the dream state. This is where you need to keep yourself in order to project. If you go too far you will just fall asleep and dream. If you dont go far enough you will still be awake. It is usually best to try to project in the early morning hours after you get about five to six hours of sleep. This allows you to fall back into the necessary state very quickly, but not be so tired as to where you instantly fall into a deep sleep and past the key waking-sleep state.

I wish I was able to project at will, and still practice it in hopes of being able to one day. Although currently I project naturally at times, I find by putting into your subconscious that you are going to project that night you tend to have better results. Techniques such as reality checks I find to be extremely helpful as well to help recognize when you are awake vs dreaming and subtle differences between the two.

Without sleep paralysis, I would probably not be able to project nearly as often, and as scary as it used to be I am completely thankful for this necessary step to such a wonderful ability. I implore everybody to not let the fear overcome you, and to be strong. By relaxing during the paralysis and going with it, you may find yourself out of body before you know it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sorry, last time, lol. Trying to give you as much information as possible. Here is a bit more that might help you in your journey.

The astral world is a beautiful place. It is something we are ALL connected to, and somewhere we have ALL been. Nobody has ever had a dream they couldn't wake from, unless they are physically dead. In all the years you have dreamed, sure you may have had nightmares, but when you wake are you not perfectly fine? Use them frightening experiences to build on your character while out of body. They are there to keep those out who cannot willingly accept the possibility that you may be frightened at times, but it is ALWAYS a absolutely wonderful experience. The astral is my home. I just spend a bit more time in this world.

If the idea of other worldly creatures scares you, if the idea of knowledge that may go against your solid belief system causes problems, I recommend you wait on projecting until you are accepting to the possibility that what you know isn't everything and never will be. Something that may be the most frightening creature may behold the most useful knowledge. This is something you have to be ready for, and willing to face. You will not get hurt. You may get yelled at, or belittled, but that's no more different then what you experience here on earth. Plenty worse things happen on our planet. I find the astral to be the safest place for me. That is why I refer to it as my home.

I highly suggest you do not give much thought to "warnings" people give you. This only creates thoughts of fear and peril. What they SHOULD do is reassure you that no matter what, you are in control, and you have been there thousands of times before just without memory of it. Our dreams are a veil while our souls return home.

===========================================================

Just to add because I know people will ask..

There is NO danger at all to astral projection. There is as much danger in dreaming as there is when out of body. Anybody who tells you that your body may be taken over, or anything of the sort, is lying - fear mongering - and probably has never even experienced astral projection.

I have been projecting for over ten years and not once have I ever had anything bad happen. Fear is one of the main obstacles people have to overcome when first attempting it and people spreading such rumors does not help the least bit.

My method of projection is quite random, although very effective. I'm not sure why it happens, but I often wake up in a sleep paralysis like state and use that to separate from my body. I find it easier to roll out of my body then to float up out of it, and also if you are attempting to project I suggest early morning hours after you get five or so hours of sleep. This is so you wont fall into a deep sleep right away, and pass the point needed to project. The idea is almost to straddle the state of wake and sleep, and from there you are able to consciously exit the body.

Occasionally I will get pulled down through my bed as a means of separation, which yes, is scary as hell. The main thing is just to let yourself keep falling and eventually you will just know when you are no longer in your physical part. Again, fear is the number one obstacle that usually hinders people from projecting. Reasons being that you dont know what to expect in the astral world, and also, people spreading lies about any sort of danger while out of body. The only danger I can speak of is enjoying it too much, and constantly trying to go back. If I could visit the astral every night, I definitely would. If I could stay there, even more so would I.

The astral is a great place for answers, but also is wonderful for just having fun. The sky is the limit with what you can do, and I really do mean anything. I find using it for knowledge and answers tends to make me feel better about going there, because it is a gift and I hate wasting such a wonderful gift on selfish desires and so on. Flying and fireballs are cool for a while, but I find the meetings with other beings and to palaver is much more of a rewarding experience.

I cant really recommend any methods since it happens naturally to me, but I will say that when my interest first occurred I used to practice using the Monroe technique. Reality checks were also a big help to determine if you are awake, borderline, or dreaming.

Lastly, good luck to everybody who is trying to visit a beautiful and amazing place that only personal experience can describe. Keep practicing and it will happen. We all have the gift, we just need to practice and reacquire it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I was interested in trying AP about a year ago, but I never succeeded - I think I was too impatient, maybe. I was always thinking about it and couldn't relax. I do sometimes do the jerking thing though - it is just like falling in to my body, but I have no memory of actually AP'ing or anything.

After reading this thread I'm going to start trying again - it really sounds amazing, all the stuff you can do with AP. I just wish it was easier to do :/

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Thank you for your indepth answers. I have tried for years and simply could not, though others I knew could, and I had proof it was real when i was dreaming lightly and a friend sailed into my house and sat at the foot of my bed telling me about something exciting in her life, sharing. I woke up, looked everywhere for her, she had not come over in the middle of the night of course. But next morning very early, around 6 for coffee. And she showed me where she sat at the foot of my bed even.

And my son did on his second meditation.

I realized I had a lot of fear, due to experiences, abductions and contact, and was less afraid of something interacting with me as I really don't shield but send love, and am quite secure in the unconditional love part, but have some fear of something trying to take over your body.

But I came very close, not just before sleep, because you're tired, but in meditation in the afternoon, with a blind over my eyes, by setting the intention to have sleep paralysis and praying to Family or all that is Good to watch over, and assist, to let me experience something that would inform me or help. What happened was for the first time, I experienced while conscious, sleep paralysis. I was unable to move, and very very relaxed. I always experience rushes of vibrations and ringing, but this time, it was intense. Really strong, loud, almost alarming. I felt myself shift. I was able to achieve that again shortly after as well. I think over time this may be useful, and I definitely try the roll over method too.

The overcoming fear is the most important thing, I feel. And what happens in the end, letting it go, is having Faith, you're here for a reason, and chances are, you won't be allowed to so quickly go home or be off the hook yet, there is a plan for your life. So faith, and also, what is the worst that could happen? You might be off the hook, in a lot better place than here, if you've been trying to live with love. So if you have no real fear over that, the worst, and you let go of any such notions, seeing positive, something of good frequency, then I think its possible. I know that this overcoming the fear is only recent for me, and the result was close.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Lots of good stuff in the replies I'm seeing, just going to add from my personal experience, may not apply to all.

But I'm going through a body building phase (2 years), not like roid-ripped
but just to sculpt myself a little, and I personally find when I've had a hard days work out it seems my body channels all it's energy into recuperating, rather than into projecting,

Just something you may want to consider

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hmm.. I have a question myself.

While you're projecting, does your body still sleep? What I mean is, if you projected all night, would you still wake up feeling like you had slept?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Techy

Yep. Indeed it does.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Wow, very good answers. I am a lot more eager and excited to try Astral Projection now. I will listen to spiritspeakscouk's Astral Projection meditation for this. I have very good results with his other videos.

Though, something else intrigues me about Astral Projection. I heard that a person could "go to certain time periods" or simply "time travel" on the Astral Plane. Is it possible to go to like 1800's or to like Jesus's time period (for the sake of seeing of what happened and what Jesus was like) on the Astral Plane?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

I personally have not, although I've noticed odd differences like being in a house but it has different wallpaper, furniture, etc. yet other things remain the same. I'm not sure if thats like a leakage of different timelines into a single astral world or if its just something random. I have heard of people doing this though, so I cannot rule it out all together. I will give it a shot next time I'm playing around in the astral.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Send me a U2U regarding this. I will respond.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Though, something else intrigues me about Astral Projection. I heard that a person could "go to certain time periods" or simply "time travel" on the Astral Plane. Is it possible to go to like 1800's or to like Jesus's time period (for the sake of seeing of what happened and what Jesus was like) on the Astral Plane?

I was kinda wondering this myself. Thing is...i do not feel as i left my body at all when this happens which makes me question weather or not it is astral Proj. I seem to be dreaming but in my dreams i am watching myself (sometimes i look different...but i know it is myself somehow) or people that i know....but i feel like i am a floating invisible blob. I am aware of whats going on from a slight distance but no one else knows i am there. One time....i dreamt that i was listening and watching a conversation going on between my fiance and my brother and my brother arriving asking where i was and my fiance saying...she didn't make it. I was under the impression in the dream that some sort of event happened and i didn't make it. Could i be astral projecting to different realms? Time periods?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

please give me input on my post in this thread...and anyone else would be great too! TY

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Ive experienced sleep paralysis twice. One experience was really frightening, I woke up and could only move my eyes. The scary part was that I saw a young girl with black hair and white clothes, she crawled on top of me. I was really afraid, but I managed to get control of my body again.

Do you have any explanation to why this happened? This girl has been in my dreams a few times, once I spoke to her. I remember her answering a question I was asking myself before I fell asleep. She answered: "You are right."

This is one of the reasons I am afraid of Astral projection, because I don't want to meet her again.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Odyssevs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Keep practicing and learn more about it and you won't be scared

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You are right with not being able to Astral Project if you have any doubt what so ever. If you want a tip, you just convince yourself it is as easy as picking up and throwing it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well, I have done some research, and I believe that that was a spirit. If it gave you information, I believe it is not harm full. If you have a dead relative, ask him/her to "protect" your body as you Astral Project

top topics

<<   2 >>

join