It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society as we know it is Going to Collapse.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It has Happend before and it will happen again

Our Current political circumstances are not allowing for us the people to Adapt fast enough to our ever changing world around us, Our Governments are not "On the ball" so to speak which means that a huge shift of power will once again come our way just like the collapse of the Roman Empire in Western Europe or The Mayan civilisation, Once what was and was great will no longer be because it forget to change with the people and the ever different enviroment unfolding around it.

As Human beings we think we know how our minds work except we couldnt be further from that understanding, influence and change of thought patterns are ever occuring and with every new universal Understanding and inspired person comes a greater need for a More understanding and more Inspired ruling system, Unfortunately the way we are ruled is now outdated and needs a complete reform or will collapse, Perhaps in 2012 this might happen (i wish!). Change by our ruling systems should embraced, Not discussed and Nit-picked.

Only as the Human race becomes "More" than we were do we begin to understand that we must move on from our past for we are no longer the same people we were.

I hope people understand what in getting at

edit on 6/3/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I agree history repeats itself and will inevitably, the world is changing and we must change with it not enough people care about the future they are thinking about short term solutions...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Revoloptix

Exactly, Short term solutions for short term problems that are been imposed on a society that has no need for Solutions therefore thier so-called solutions are just adding to the Chaos they have created and creating more problems untill the whole system has to dissolve itself and conform to the understanding of the people its trying to control

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
it's happened plenty, it'll happen again.

peasant revolution of the dark ages, anyone?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamRikeronaSegway

You Get the torches and ill get the pitchforks

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

WE SHALL DRIVE THE KINGS FROM THE HALLS OF THEIR CASTLES, THE COUNTRYMAN SHALL TAKE BACK THEIR COUNTRY!

TO YOUR SEGWAYS!

the end of this renaissance is long overdue anyways. i await the day this society collapses, i just hope what arises from the ashes is worth living in.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Society as we know it is Going to Collapse

The world has been ending since it began. like all things, what goes up, must someday come down.

Well, at least in this universe, anyway.

Civilization may well be in a death spiral; the toilet of time has been flushed and our next stop? The septic tank of extinction.

No matter where you turn these days, there is a theory... some old, some new, some borrowed and modified, that all end in some catastrophic collapse or a new age of love and enlightenment.

Well, guess what? I don't really care anymore. If the world is gonna end... there's nothing that I can, as one person, do about it so why worry myself into the grave any sooner? If it is just society as we know it, that's fine too because things have just about run their course as it is.

On the night of 20 December 2012, at the stroke of high midnight, i plan to have a party to celebrate either survival or the passing of this existence. Like Y2K, we'll all have a great time and go out to watch the planes falling from the sky, Jesus riding in on a white horse and Nibiru as it swings in to clean the surface of the Earth so it can all begin again.

If there is a world to wake up to on the morning of the 21st, there will be a hangover to remind me just how stupid it all was and to sober up before New Year's Eve in 10 days.

That's how I see it

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
+Star because it's a good topical thread, even though most people on this site won't bother reading it because it has nothing to do with Aliens or Secret Masters.

Like you an many others I agree that time operates on a cyclical basis and events progress along similar lines even though the players may seem different.

Empires are born out of peoples suffering, typically early on the Empires leaders are positited as having the solution to suffering and so people line up with the idea of the early Empire. It works for a while because the only frame of reference people have to compare it to is the system they fought so hard to over throw which very few people would want to go back to.

However as the Empire grows it becomes the standard and people begin to form opposition against it. Having become used to the system they can see the faults with it and so groups form to address these faults. Eventually these groups reach a critical mass of their own and become the upstart the Empire once was but they will eventually succumb to the same fall as their predecessors should they be able to take the throne.

People can only stick things for so long before we will naturally seek other ways of doing things. We'll raise our children in our ways but eventually they'll find their own. Its happened countless times in the past, we can see it in the world today with the American Empire crumbling away.

People can't seem to subside in fixed groups for very long and until we have found a way of creating societies that can accomodate the peaceful evolutuon of view points I don't believe we can ever have a planet, country or community that knows true peace.
edit on 6/3/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

"Just as we are born to expire so will everything we know as life will continue on and only leave shrapnel of life that once was behind it as it continues to new horizons and landscapes"

Ive forgotton who said that, But yeah i agree with you man

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

A star for you as well sir, i couldnt have said it better myself

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It might have been you who said it
I couldn't find reference to it anywhere.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Agreed.

The last 100 years were a huge leap... well in almost everything, and we, as the humans we are, haven't managed to adapt, and, of course, the power and money-mongerers are not helping at all. Neither the wars and the lack of interest in humanity's future.

As we have seen in the past couple of months, everything looks extremely fragile and like it's going to collapse soon. I look forward to seeing how this will all end, hopefully well, and that we and our children will live in a better world.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You watch too much TV. We havent been safer since the Bubonic plague was around. In fact. I suggest you toss your telly out of the window and you will notice the difference.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Have you understood any of the above at all? Because your response has no relevance, I see change and change for the better, however a new system is needed to allow change to flourish with our current Ruling our potential as humans is choked, Oh by the way i dont watch TV, Assumption fail..

edit on 6/3/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Let it collapse.. Then maybe humanity will grow up and stop acting like primitive savages..

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
S&F
It has happened before, IT IS HAPPENING NOW and it will happen again.

I agree with you, and most of the responders on this thread, completely. But I do believe that what is happening now in north Africa and the Middle East is a sign of the change or imminent collapse, there are stirrings in China and North Korea and I personally am hopeful that this change will also not just trickle but flood down through the whole of Africa!
edit on 7/3/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Deleted. Sorry for the double post. Knew it had to happen to me at some time!
edit on 7/3/11 by wiser3 because: Double Post

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Thought provoking post.

I agree with you, too bad the majority of humanity wont catch up in time.

top topics

join