It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skywatch UFO/UAV sighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I was out Skywatching when something with a Ionisation device decided to light up tonight. I'm in two minds wether it's a genuine UAV test-bed from Warton or a UFO (as per the Cheshire sightings from 2009/2010.) Either way I uploaded it straight onto Youtube as I had the laptop 'in the field' and hopefully someone will be able to say they saw it too. it's in a rural part of Cheshire/Derbyshire but along some of the most busy trunkroads bordering the 2 county's, more than like the routine drivers and countryfolk who live out here saw the same thing. At 2200ft it would have been seen for miles around, although the video is a bit of a perceptional trickery as the object was somewhat Venus-size (surrounded by the hue) to the naked eye.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

one bit of advice..

please,, use a tri-pod

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's got quite a brilliance to it. Was it spherical to the naked eye, or this diamond shape we see in the vid?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Was Just going to offer same advice :0)

Wow that's four different sightings in four days, looks like a boiling hot spot.

Close-up of one of the UFOs seen near Manchester on the 04 March 2011 Skywatch at 9pm. This UFO was a similar color to the sighting some 15 minutes previously although stationary 'hanging' South and flaring up before dissipating away.

Unison UFOs seen near Manchester on the 04th March 2011at 9pm during a Skywatch. Briefly caught on the camera. Although appearing stationary on camera they were moving fairly quickly in unison South - NorthWest across the sky, making tracking difficult

UFOs seen over the skies of Manchester, early morning 05 March 2011. Not Sky Lanterns as they eminated from the actual sky itself and not the ground base. The Lights stayed in the position (SSW) for no more than 5 minutes before diminishing in situ.

05 March 2011 observed around 11.30pm. This UFO was spotted on the Skywatch and Uploaded via Laptop 'in the field' unedited. The UFO could possibly be a UAV displaying new Ionospheric capabilities or a Satellite re-entry. No Aircraft navigation lights were evident and the object stayed motionless until obscured by clouds 5 minutes later, at an altitude of 2200ft (METAR obs from Manchester EGCC.)

Are you using a cellphone to record these as even the twin sun videos look a little errrrr shaky?

Who else is doing the skywatch with you?

edit on 5-3-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
How do you know that what you are seeing is an "Ionisation device" (especially when you don't even know if you are seeing a UFO or a UAV)? Seems like you are leaping to conclusions instead of doing science and fact finding. All I see is the diamond shape that occurs when an unfocused light is videoed and over-saturation of the red CCD/CMOS pixels.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The camera doesn't pick up the 'hue' too well due to the brightness, except for when I managed to finally hold it still (I only have a small hand-held Olympus FE-330 which is on its last legs as it is, due to the amount of times I've taken it out.) But yes the 'hue', whatever it was, was prevailent throughout the sighting.

EDIT: And I know about the Ionisation testing since doing some research after the Cheshire sightings of 2009/2010. Finding out AWACS have been fitted with pre-test kits for the UAV research developments, and from Waddington have been doing recon missions not only out over the North Sea but across Sheffield and the North Pennines switching on the Ionisation devices as a means of weapons deflection, radar avoidance, airflow reduction and other MOD test studies. All of which can be found on the MOD site.
edit on 5-3-2011 by RUDDD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Looks like a uplighter lampshade, with some of those red disco lights that go round the DJ's booth balanced on top....

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
EDIT: And I know about the Ionisation testing since doing some research after the Cheshire sightings of 2009/2010. Finding out AWACS have been fitted with pre-test kits for the UAV research developments, and from Waddington have been doing recon missions not only out over the North Sea but across Sheffield and the North Pennines switching on the Ionisation devices as a means of weapons deflection, radar avoidance, airflow reduction and other MOD test studies. All of which can be found on the MOD site.
edit on 5-3-2011 by RUDDD because: (no reason given)

Ok, but how do you know that this is what you saw here. You stated it as fact. Is it just a guess?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well it's different I'll say that much.

How did you reach a conclusion for the height?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Staffordshire 'Light' 2009. www.youtube.com...

One of the UAVs, again with Ionisation devices on them. However since this is just my own theory and can't be proven I think the term "UFO" can still be attributed to all the sightings of the 2009/2010 wave including my own tonight.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Height was measured from METAR avaliable from Manchester Airport (EGCC), which anyone can use to find the cloud base. And as mentioned in the video as the craft was eventually obscured by cloud as it gained elevation gradually. I can put a rough estimation that it was at 2200ft (given Manchester Airport, the nearest reporting Airfield here) was reporting that cloud height.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Ionization device my ass. I say that's a street light or something similar. And yes I think you're trying to [HOAX!] our beloved ATS.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
RUDDD can you please place the original file up for download please. I think YouTube is distorting the quality somewhat. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Fair enough I just thought that considering you are using the video function on a camera, that you got pretty close to it.

Camera

I think your enthusiasm is great being out there at this time of year and you seem to be pretty serious about this topic.

Perhaps it's time for you to invest in a decent video camera with a good lens and tripod. You may be able to catch some great stuff considering your getting these with a hand held.

Keep em coming :0)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I don't doubt your honesty, but you need a wide establishing shot to give folk perspective.

My apologies if you did, but after the first minute I just scrubbed through it to see if you pulled out and I didn't see where you did.

If you don't have a tripod, you can make a sand or beanbag of some sort and put it on the hood or roof of a car at the edge and it will work fairly well.

If you see it again and the phenomena lasts any length of time you probably have a "Spotlight" setting that might reveal more detail of what the object is. Peace & happy hunting.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

If I see UFO's/UAVs like this and tell people they always say the usual 'why didn't you get it on film', just like when I eventually do during my usual Skywatches I always end up with the usual 'Your hoaxing it because...'
If I could be kitted out with a thousands pound worth of gear to capture the money shot i'd take up the opportunity without question. I've had a fascination in many fields of Science and not just the Ufology aspect many skeptics are so desperate to discredit me from. Hell I even play skeptic to myself sometimes, yet when I see things like this and the Nibiru vid's I feel they need to be shared, simply because knowledge is power.

Sorry for going off a little anyway, but I'll take onboard what you all say about the Tripod and widening the focal range for the panoramic view. The new Olympus model is out in April anyway so hopefully some more clarity images will be coming up from future Skywatches, although nothing is ever guaranteed of being seen obviously.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Again, RUDDD can you please place the original file up for download please. I think YouTube is distorting the quality somewhat. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hey Rudd there will always be sceptics to even the very best high quality videos of Unidentified Objects, that comes with the job my friend.

Don't stop recording what you see, just try to keep steady and pull out from the shot to show a landmark or something for perspective purposes which help gauge the size and distance etc.

Some objects you capture may be explainable and to some obvious but to others not. Some may defy logic and have no explanation others may be superb and exciting.

My field is photography and I could be standing in front of an Alien, but if I dont focus the camera, adjust for light and speed and move the camera while taking the shot, my picture will be inconclusive and prove diddly.

Don't forget half decent camcorders can be had for peanuts on FleaBay. Remember too that the new model may be out soon but the smaller the device the harder it can be to steady. Whatever you do use the viewfinder on your current camera and dont rely on using the lcd screen. This should help with stability.

I think what you filmed is very interesting. I'm not knocking it at all I just wish it was filmed on a better set up but you don't need to spend shed loads.

Best of Luck! :0)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Opening statement: Does it contain unfounded information? Yes.

Does the baseless information have an existence in reality? Yes.

Definition: Ionisation Device = This invention provides a method of aligning a capillary needle, a set of electrodes, and an input to a mass spectrometer.

Nope, it doesn't look like an ionisation device.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
For me, it looks like an out of focus desk lamp, the fact I can't hear a single thing also makes me wonder.

Lastly, when people don't have a tripod they struggle to keep the item in view let alone in frame but here's the odd thing here, you manage to keep the item almost entirely in view FULL FRAME despite the shaking, that's really hard to do.

It's like you are dancing around the light....

Just saying what I see....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join