It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason why you're not taken seriously

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoraX

Originally posted by Motive

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
I conpletely agree.

Ofcourse you do, you're the guy that said you hated skeptics and alien life is a proven fact, then continued to dribble all over my thread. You're hilarious.

Well aren't you an entitled one. If you don't like this place, or the people discussing things in this forum, you can always leave. (instead of being obnoxious)

The believers will always believe, and the skeptics will always be skeptical, this thread is nothing more than you wanting an argument.

Read the thread or even just his posts in general before trying to write a reply based on nothing but a single post, because now your "you just want an argument" theory is sounding hypocritical.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Motive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Motive

I agree in some respect. There are some really good threads, but plenty of silly ones which can be a turn-off for newbies wondering what ATS is all about. But I have made plenty of silly posts too since I joined ATS, so sometimes you just have to roll your eyes and not be too hard on them.

Let me give you one of my favorite examples:

Threads claiming "the govt developed our current technology by reverse engineering crashed alien spacecraft."

Do you honestly think the aliens come hundreds of light years on Microsoft or Apple technology? It would be crazy to believe that IMO.

I would recommend that everyone read at least 2 books on the subject of aliens / ufos before you even make your first post in this forum. But that's just a recommendation.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

Heh, that one went over your head? Disregard.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Nice post,
With all those hoaxes, how would I know if something is real? You could post a video of an alien stepping out his perfectly visable craft and I would'nt be able to believe it.
I'm only interested in sightings observed by many people.
Anyway, it shouldn't be even about belief or debunking if you think about it. You have a real video, then you eliminate what it can't be, untill you can 100% discart all possible normal sources. It stops there. the rest is guessing
edit on 30-3-2011 by Morrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by aBlueRAY

You want to prove this with your own evidence? And I am not talking about the crap out there. Youtube?!? A great many videos on Youtube are fake and not worth watching given the money making interest in it. Youtube is a corporate video site.

Maybe, "I believe" or "I think". You seem to make an absolute statement.

Santa Claus is real. He is very real and so are the squirrels.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aBlueRAY
Nibiru is for reals. It is cloaked and already very close

You want to prove this with your own evidence? And I am not talking about the crap out there. Youtube?!? A great many videos on Youtube are fake and not worth watching given the money making interest in it. Youtube is a corporate video site.

Maybe, "I believe" or "I think". You seem to make an absolute statement.

Santa Claus is real. He is very real and so are the squirrels.

In fact, I am cloaked.

and reals? Yeah, I trust what you say!

signature:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by Motive

I agree in some respect. There are some really good threads, but plenty of silly ones which can be a turn-off for newbies wondering what ATS is all about. But I have made plenty of silly posts too since I joined ATS, so sometimes you just have to roll your eyes and not be too hard on them.

Let me give you one of my favorite examples:

Threads claiming "the govt developed our current technology by reverse engineering crashed alien spacecraft."

Do you honestly think the aliens come hundreds of light years on Microsoft or Apple technology? It would be crazy to believe that IMO.

I would recommend that everyone read at least 2 books on the subject of aliens / ufos before you even make your first post in this forum. But that's just a recommendation.

Wrong! Alien ships do not crash! The ability to fly here would make their technology seemingly mistake-proof.

They would not need our resources as they would have the ability to replicate atoms and build anything from the molecule up (in mass-production).

Their technology would disintegrate upon crash. They would leave no evidence lest they wanted to.

Also, do you think the universe would have been destroyed with their experimenation of the universe itself (black holes and anti-matter), given their eventual and initial experimentation with very advanced technology?

How could a helicopter ever pursue a UFO? Why is everything about UFO's based upon current human comprehension and technology or near-future human technology?

Also, aliens would not send their people.

And why are all UFO crashes in the U.S. and not in the ocean or other continent?
edit on 5-6-2011 by bossnoo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Fair enough. I think many of us take the saying "I want to believe" a little too seriously.

But at the same time -- it's unfair to bash on the collective of "believers" in extraterrestrial phenomena because there's a whole bunch of # floating out there. I would say 95% of UFO "evidence" is crap--but at the same time, there's a 5% that has been documented, debunked to the furthest extent, and verified that has stood up to quite a bit of scrutiny and still comes up strong. Rendelsham Forest, Korea Air, the Phoenix Lights, Roswell, the Belgium UFO-wave are incidents that DEMAND respect.

Not to mention the thousands of anomalies that we have seen on Mars, the Moon, the Phobos and Deimos incidents, and the Wow! signal picked up by SETI.

Sure, there's alot of crap, but anything that is unknown or unverified is going to have alot of "crap". Our understanding of space flight and outer space is in it's infancy (at best), and we've had the ability to leave Earth's orbit for less than a century. Prematurely shutting the door on any possibility of extraterrestrial life is narrow minded, no matter how many delusional people keep swearing that a sundog is a UFO.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Motive

But what about the people who had ET related experiences ? like Travis Wilton ,they were several witnesses present in the time of the incident and a police investigation was conducted , or Alex collier ?

I watched an episode of a show called Unsoleved mysteries, which was about the sighting of huge ufo, the testimonies of sevral of people were presented ,so how a strong case like this can't make one have an oen mind about this phenomenen ?

However there is a friend of mine who is an ET contactee ( his YT chanel is ufoabductee) who made several predictions , he already predicted an eruption of a volcano (it's happened) , also he had predictions about the moon, one of them did happen ,( the talking about water in the moon) and the others are about the discovries on the moon of some ET origin things (artifacts , structure or things of that nature...) that will to an event in 2015 .
So if don't find the evidence that satisfies your mind , check his videos and let's wait and see .

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Correction to my post above :
i meant discovries in the moon that will lead to an event in 2015 .

There is no peice of physical evidence that can satisfy all the skeptics but that doesn't prove anything and certainly doesn't mean any evidence won't be discovred in the future . here is a video of my friend Ufoabductee talking about some amazing things to be dicovered and witnessed in the coming years :

www.youtube.com.../c/582FD44BA4AC2A50/18/hYb-PB6KNCA

Also Alex Collier claimed that there is some remains of some ETs colonies to be found in Etupia and some places in north africa . Here is the link to the video :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
Let me get this straight. Now it´s "our" fault that nobody believes us when we present a proof for UFOs or alien lifeforms? You got to be [snip] kidding me. This is ridicilous. But of course the sky is blue and we all live in happy hippo wonderland and nothing is wrong with our society. Mähhhhhhhh. But who [snip] cares just blame us for everything. And now you wonder why i hate the sceptics....

Ps: Not every YT video of UFOs is a hoax,fake or whatever. Some things can´t be explained and that´s a freaking fact. The existence of UFOs and alien life is a proven fact. Just deal with it already.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

It's your fault for presenting unconvincing "proof" of your highly speculative claims, yes.

The rest of your post illustrates the OP's point nicely.

Now that school's out for summer things should be getting even worse.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
whatya mean were not taken seriously? i am totally serious with my research , just consult my sig

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Motive

Besides you admitting this should be in the rant section, I have one major thing to say. You mentioned that you don't believe abductees because of things on ATS forums. That is pitiful.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fishspeaker

You are a contactee. You should be able to get your aliens to visit me. That's All I ask. I just ask that they take me into their ship, Let me have a recorded conversation, and give me some kind of artifact, something that can't be made by a human.

And when I say "Can't be done by Human" I mean an Invisibility Cloak or a hover-board or Them biting my arm and turning me into a Reptilian. (That last one would be awesome by the way)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Maybe the Aliens and UFOs forum should be separated into two different forums. Part of the stigma of UFO discussion is the presumption by some that when people talk about UFOs, they are really talking about aliens. I'm perfectly happy to talk about UFOs on a variety of levels that have nothing inherently to do with aliens.

Someone commented on the typical scenario experienced by the guy who sees something strange and comes to ATS to talk about it. He is lambasted and accused of being a charlatan or an idiot because of the poor quality of evidence he provides. First of all, there is no reason to be aggressive toward members as long as they aren't a proven fraud. At the same time, there is nothing wrong with being mistaken. Members should not take it as an assault on their character when someone suggests a mundane explanation. There is nothing wrong with talking about an experience, even if it turns out to have been an airplane.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

4. "Debunkers" - I really dislike this term, especially as everytime I see the word used, it's used in a pretty patronising way. When most people see or hear that word, they probably think of trolls. Yet every time a ridiculous picture of some teenager taking a picture of themselves in the mirror and thinking they can see an alien in the corner of the picture, I'm ashamed of humanity to see that alot of people jump on it. Or when someone takes a dodgy picture out of their window and claim to see a light in the sky, even though it looks fairly obvious to be a smudge/reflection on the window, there'll be countless replies against "debunkers" along the lines of, you're a government misinformationist, or why would he lie or open your eyes they're here

At least to me, a debunker is one who tries to sell an explanation of a case that blatantly only focuses on the points that prove the explanation while ignoring other key evidence. Example: Klass

On the contrary though, a skeptic is someone (to me) who merely goes into it objectively, but with the idea that a mundane explanation is more likely than a leap to the fantastic.

Of course, here on ATS these terms are often interchanged....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have to agree with the OP!
I am 100% sure that UFO's are real and that there exists a massive cover up, but unfortunately many of the so called "believers" are either very young, very naive, or very crazy!

On the other hand many of the skeptics are either very old, very naive, or very crazy!
edit on 13-6-2011 by ReconX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Difference between a skeptic and a debunker,

A skeptic believes what he's saying.
A debunker know's he's BS'ing!

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join