It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Carbon Tax Rallies (Australia)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by wycky

Although this is great I can see this affecting the numbers for the Sydney Rally if they are busing people from Sydney to Canberra for that one. I can't see people going twice.
I might give the Sydney one a miss I think, there'll hardly be anyone there.

BTW I got an email from Barnaby Joyces office today apparently I'm on a mailing list after signing their online petition a while ago for something else.
There was absolutely no mention of the Rallies except to push the Canberra one.
So if most people in Sydney on the list got the email, they wouldn't even know the Sydney one is on.

I have to say this hasn't had the best organisation and co ordination.

I'll see what's going on closer to the 2nd and see what happens.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

I agree, the Sydney one may be a waste of time. It seems Canberra is going to be the biggest one because it's at Parliament House and 2GB and some famous faces are pushing that one.
I don't think anyone was expecting Canberra to get this big!

In saying that Sydney may still do ok. I have asked friends to come with me to Canberra but they said no because of work. They will attend the Sydney Rally because it on a Saturday, so I will also be attending the Sydney Rally as well with about 5 friends, compared to only 1 friend at Canberra.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
For those of us and our friends and relatives who can't make it to the Rallys, we can still do our bit.
Here is a link to Barnaby Joyces online No Carbon Tax Petition. Because he is a Member Of Parliament and he did help in getting Gillards and Rudds last Emmissions Trading Scheme rejected last time, it's not a waste of time signing his petition IMO. The man means business!!!

I suggest if you can sign it (Australians only thanks as you have to give both your name and address) then please do as soon as you can. Also email the link to all your Aussie contacts who are against the tax too. Lets help him get thousands of names to take to Canberra to show them how much we DON'T want this Tax.
Maybe even Facebook and Tweet the link if you can?

barnabyjoyce.com.au...
edit on 24-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hey Sydneysiders
Dont forget about the rally this Saturday at Hyde Park its suppose to be bigger then the Canberra Rally.
Starts at 10:30am - 12:30am.
Facebook event here - www.facebook.com...

<< 1   >>

join