It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Carbon Tax Rallies (Australia)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Hi guys,
(Sorry if this has been posted but search function was not working)
Im Sure many of you are sick of the labour government shoving this Carbon Tax down our throat even though news poles are showing 90%+ of the population does not want it and Gillard promised there was not going to be a Carbon Tax at the last election

We have a chance to do something about it.
Rallies are being held in every state in protest of the Carbon Tax. All are being held on the 23/03/2011 apart from NSW which will be held on the 02/04/2011.
I will be attending both ACT and NSW Rallies.

Here are the Facebook groups with the details.

Victorians March: NO CARBON TAX
Meeting at Federation Square to march on Parliament House
Wednesday, March 23 at 10:30am

Queenslanders March: NO CARBON TAX
Queensland Parliament House

Federal Parliament March: NO CARBON TAX
Parliament House

South Australians March: NO CARBON TAX
Parliament House North Tce Adelaide

West Australians March: NO CARBON TAX
Parliament House
Saturday, April 2

NSW March: NO CARBON TAX
NSW Parliament House
Saturday, April 2 at 10:30am

Hope to see some of you there

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
i will be at the sydney march with bells on...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The carbon tax is so counter productive and unfortunately this is a sign of the times we live in. Just when we thought as time progresses, the smarter we become. What a load of rubbish. We are peddling backwards and when you no longer see a reference point then you just don't know you're going backwards.

One of the main reasons why I want an alternative commercial fuel is so we don't have to listen to any more talk on global warming etc. Let us then focus on something productive (other than just building a house). I envy those that were around to see man land on the moon. Must have been exciting. But I guess our politicians are too busy worrying about counter productive ways to go about things.

Not really angry, I just like this icon. I'm just bewildered. So much money wasted and so much talent around.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I will be at the Sydney March photographing the event if anyones up for a beer afterwards?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I will be at the Sydney March photographing the event if anyones up for a beer afterwards?

can you give us a rough idea who you will be photographing for?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I'll be at the Brisbane march if i'm not working. Gawd I hope i'm not working. This Carbon tax is ridiculous. It will cost hundreds of thousands of jobs, Close 16 mines, Cost billions for businesses, the economy, and consumers.

The thing is: It wont help reduce carbon or help the environment at all.
Australia account for something like 1.5% of global CO2 emmisions.

If this carbon tax goes ahead we will be ruining the economy. It's as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Here is a great but frustrating interview between Allan Jones and Gillard about the carbon tax
www.2gb.com...

edit on 4/3/2011 by wycky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Sounds good to me

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

errrr, Gillard creeps me out..
At least we know Obama's mother was American..
There's simply NOTHING Australian about Gillard....

I'll try for the Melbourne rally...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'll try my hardest to get to the Sydney one.
I'm going to be lurking around just to make up the numbers rather than all out protesting.
If anyone else feels shy about getting involved, maybe you could be lurkers too just to let them see the mass of people in support of it.
I'll leave the protesting to the ones who are more protest savvy.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
I'll try my hardest to get to the Sydney one.
I'm going to be lurking around just to make up the numbers rather than all out protesting.
If anyone else feels shy about getting involved, maybe you could be lurkers too just to let them see the mass of people in support of it.
I'll leave the protesting to the ones who are more protest savvy.

I think ill just be lurking to, I have never been to a protest before, ill just be there to make up numbers

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
never protested in my life....a first for me. wonder how many will be at them if you have 3 people here all saying the have never been to a protest yet we 3 are going?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
never protested in my life....a first for me. wonder how many will be at them if you have 3 people here all saying the have never been to a protest yet we 3 are going?

I'm hoping there will be thousands in every state. The rallies have gained some media attention and hopefully will gain more as they get closer.

The carbon tax and Tony Abbott's call for a people's revolt have got the crazies foaming at the mouth. You see it on the "Revolt Against the Carbon Tax" Facebook page, for example.

Like this message from a Gillard-hater about a rally in front of Parliament House being planned for March 23.

"Just like Egypt we stay there and protest continuously until she and her cronies, Bob Brown greens etc, are ousted! We have got to get rid of this Godless mistress of deceit." Hosni Mubarak was a dictator while the Gillard Government is democratically elected, but it doesn't seem to matter to the fanatics out on the edge.

Source

Also
www.businessspectator.com.au...
www.smh.com.au...
and there are plenty more

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If anyone needs any proof of how stupid Australians can be then here it is....
We must be the only nation on earth who actually RALLIES FOR A TAX....

Looks like we've pipped at the post by paid protestors....

Carbon Tax Protestors Rally in Victoria...

A carbon tax battle has spilt onto the streets of Melbourne with those in support of a price on carbon claiming victory.

and

Meanwhile, at Treasury Place in Melbourne's CBD, an estimated 8000 protesters gathered to support the prime minister's carbon tax plan and call for action on climate change. Paul Mackay, a spokesman for political advocacy group GetUp, an organiser of the pro-tax rally, said supporters for the carbon price plan had won the battle. "We were overwhelmed with the amount of people that came out - the entirety of Treasury Place was packed," he said.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

I guess with a name like Treasury Place, is it any wonder they were in support.

We really need to get as many people as we can to the NO CARBON TAX rallies or this is going to look like a walk in for those in support of it.

Just thought I'd give everyone a legs up with whats going on.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wycky

il sure be at the perth rally. Wonder if they will use the protest for preparation of the commonwealth heads of government meeting later this year in perth???

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Bumping the thread to remind everyone about the No Carbon Tax Rally on Wednesday

2gb is on board and will be in Canberra, Angry Anderson will be there and there will be other people people speaking as well, scientist, politicians etc.
I know there are currently 30 full buses from Sydney going to Canberra.

The link below is audio from 2GB today talking about parking options etc for those driving down.
Then an interview with Barnaby Joyce.
www.2gb.com...

Hope to see you there!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Is there a petition or anything that one could sign or sign up to to state that they do not want a carbon tax? for tohse of us unable to make it to capital cities to be there.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Meanwhile, at Treasury Place in Melbourne's CBD, an estimated 8000 protesters gathered to support the prime minister's carbon tax plan and call for action on climate change. Paul Mackay, a spokesman for political advocacy group GetUp, an organiser of the pro-tax rally, said supporters for the carbon price plan had won the battle. "We were overwhelmed with the amount of people that came out - the entirety of Treasury Place was packed," he said.

Oddly though, the Government says it is NOT a tax..
Maybe they need to tell their supporters that..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
Is there a petition or anything that one could sign or sign up to to state that they do not want a carbon tax? for tohse of us unable to make it to capital cities to be there.

If you Google you will find a few, but nothing official and they all have small numbers, ill keep looking. On the the Radio (2GB) they said if you cant make it, the best thing you can do is spread the word and try and get as many people as possible.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Although this is great I can see this affecting the numbers for the Sydney Rally if they are busing people from Sydney to Canberra for that one. I can't see people going twice.
I might give the Sydney one a miss I think, there'll hardly be anyone there.

BTW I got an email from Barnaby Joyces office today apparently I'm on a mailing list after signing their online petition a while ago for something else.
There was absolutely no mention of the Rallies except to push the Canberra one.
So if most people in Sydney on the list got the email, they wouldn't even know the Sydney one is on.

I have to say this hasn't had the best organisation and co ordination.

I'll see what's going on closer to the 2nd and see what happens.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join