It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tories rebrand 'Harper Government'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
I can't believe what an egotistical idiot this man is!! Perhaps we should call him supreme leader as well!

Sorry...blame me. I've been calling it The Government of Steve for quite some time now. I guess he heard about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by superman2012

Out of curiosity, and im just making a guess, but couldnt it be taken the same as we do here in the US? Seems to me to be no different than the Bush Administration, or the Clinton administration.

Reminds me of the old days from Britain, with the Thatcher Government.

Yes I do realize that they do call it that...however, he is calling it the Harper Government, which to me seems no different than the United States of Clinton...or Clinton's United States.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Dendro

Respectfully you need to look into your History. There are a bunch of Prime Ministers who had their government refered to by their name IE Harper Government, Martin, Chrétien etc.

I think you might be reading too much into it.

I don't mind if they call themselves that...hell I call myself Superman2012 (not my real name), but when employees get in trouble for not calling it that..and they change letterhead so that it says that...that is my problem.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by superman2012

And lest anyone forgets, a directive went out to public servants late last year that "Government of Canada" in federal communications should be replaced by the words "Harper Government."

I don't know if you are pulling people's legs or not. Are you actually from Canada? Do you have any idea how your country works?

In Westminster Parliamentary systems like Canada, the UK, and Australia, the Prime Minister traditionally gives his name to the Government, in the same way that the U.S. President gives his name to the administration.

Thus in Australia, "the Menzies Government", "the Hawke Government", the "Keating Government", and the current "Gillard Government". In the UK "the Churchill Government", "the Blair Government", etc. In the U.S. its "the Nixon Administration", "the G. W. Bush Administration", "the Obama Administration", etc.

There is nothing nefarious or egotistical about it, its just traditional shorthand.

Frankly, I know nothing about Harper or his policies. If you don't like him, you would make better progress by attacking his policies, not some imagined bulldust non-issue.

1) Read comment above.

2) It is obviously an issue with me when I started a thread about it!

3) I never said it was nefarious...or the NWO is behind it. I think it is egotistical and I don't care for it.

4) Born and raised in Canada.

5)Canada is not Australia. ( source if you can prove otherwise please)

6) Nothing shorthand about it...both Harper and Canada have 7 letters.

edit on 4-3-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
And WTH happened with that fed election. Bunch of Cdns too concerned on who was dancing with the Idols - or how ever that goes.
Hey Superman, were you around when he came to Saskatoon in '10?
For old times' sake--

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
the man lied about being a bilderberger attendee
and was busted with the pics and paper trail
he is an Israel firster

our central bank was nationalized yet we have a national debt to the rothschilds that is almost all interest payments
while some of our private banks are in the top twenty TARP recipients

we are just as sqwoood as the US and Mexically

Im glad they named it after Hiel Harper
Lest we firget

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join