It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tories rebrand 'Harper Government'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I can't believe what an egotistical idiot this man is!! Perhaps we should call him supreme leader as well!

And lest anyone forgets, a directive went out to public servants late last year that "Government of Canada" in federal communications should be replaced by the words "Harper Government."

I am sorry, I can't even type...thoughts? comments?

news.ca.msn.com...
edit on 12/7/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Note-- Please Use EXACT headline.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Can't stand the guy...reminds me of a cross between kim jong Il and Mr. Rodgers. Got to love all the "Transparency" his Government promised us.And I thought good christians don't lie ...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
More like Mr. ROGERS.

Harper and Rogers. The two over-dominating, evil, stupid and facist powers of Canada.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You are right OP. What an arrogant pr*ck.

I hope Canadians are smart in the upcoming election.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
HEIL HARPER!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
You are right OP. What an arrogant pr*ck.

I hope Canadians are smart in the upcoming election.

when that's because 99.99% of canadian don't have a friggin clue when the next election is.

he's an assh-le, if the decision is being an assh-le or doing the right thing, he'll go out of his way to be an assh-le.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I am physically sick to hear this. This is all part of the globalisation plan, that countries merge and lose their borders. THIS IS INTENTIONAL.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Harper needs to go. Can't wait til it's warmer and we can protest

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Perhaps we should call him supreme leader as well!

well you have heard the rumors haven't you? there are whispers out there stating the reason why Canada seemingly went through the global recession unharmed while the rest of the world fell to their knees is because it is and always has been the protected N.W.O.'s test country....

even so i want a different supreme leader lol,

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
As bad as this guy sounds , I will make you an offer. I will trade one Obama for one Harper. Keep the change please.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Gaddafi and steven Harper are one of the same.

Neither of them listen or care to what the people are saying, Harper
is absorbed in his own agendas.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Not surprising if you've been following politics in Canada for the last five years? Harper and his ilk lie through their teeth on an almost daily basis. I don't know if Ignatieff is the answer but I'll take him and the Liberals over Harper anyday.

Look at his list of accomplishements so far:

- Proroge'd Gov't not once but twice
- No bid contract on useless F-35 aircraft whose stealth features we'll never use as our planes need external tanks for the long intercept missions our pilots fly
- Largest single year deficits in Canada's history
- Conservative Party stealing $1 million of taxpayer money(In & Out scandal)
- Putting conservative logo on Stimulus Presentation Checks at Action Plan ceremonies
- Using Gov't of Canada letterheads for partisan Conservation party information packages
- Letting Gov't officials commit contractual fraud(Bev Oda scandal)

That's all I can think of soo far at this late hour, there are many more.

All Harper cares about is keeping Harper and the Conservatives in power at the cost of the rest of us. How much has his Gov't spent on promoting "Canada's Economic Action Plan"? It has to be in the billions and to me that is Harper using vast sums of taxpayer money for advertising the Conservative party and himself.

Wake up Canada, Harper wants to turn us into the 52nd state(No offense my American friends). He wants US style politics of "Divide and Conquer". Vote this bum out, he's ruining this country!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

The scandals and corruption in our government are straight out of a movie sometimes. Why do we let them get away with it?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Both men are equally awful. We`ve been sold out, plain and simple. And Ignatieff's role was to deliver Canada to Washington. Canada will soon come under the White House. God help us all. This will not be a Happy Canada Day.

So what`s next, the collapse of the American dollar, then the royal wedding, then they shut down the Internet while Americans get rounded up and disarned?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I say we do a preemptive strike against both our respected governments to let them know exactly what we think about the NAU. Or pre-organized.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Out of curiosity, and im just making a guess, but couldnt it be taken the same as we do here in the US? Seems to me to be no different than the Bush Administration, or the Clinton administration.

Reminds me of the old days from Britain, with the Thatcher Government.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

And lest anyone forgets, a directive went out to public servants late last year that "Government of Canada" in federal communications should be replaced by the words "Harper Government."

I don't know if you are pulling people's legs or not. Are you actually from Canada? Do you have any idea how your country works?

In Westminster Parliamentary systems like Canada, the UK, and Australia, the Prime Minister traditionally gives his name to the Government, in the same way that the U.S. President gives his name to the administration.

Thus in Australia, "the Menzies Government", "the Hawke Government", the "Keating Government", and the current "Gillard Government". In the UK "the Churchill Government", "the Blair Government", etc. In the U.S. its "the Nixon Administration", "the G. W. Bush Administration", "the Obama Administration", etc.

There is nothing nefarious or egotistical about it, its just traditional shorthand.

Frankly, I know nothing about Harper or his policies. If you don't like him, you would make better progress by attacking his policies, not some imagined bulldust non-issue.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Not in Canada. Only in slang do we refer to the government as Harper's Government or Such and Such's Government. Traditionally, no matter who has been in parliament, our government has been referred to as the Government of Canada.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Respectfully you need to look into your History. There are a bunch of Prime Ministers who had their government refered to by their name IE Harper Government, Martin, Chrétien etc.

I think you might be reading too much into it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Although I vote otherwise, I'm not a conservative person, we could do much worse than Harper. We didn't have a lot to choose from in the last election, Iggy wasn't even in the running then, it was Stephan Dion, who is a wimpy sort of guy. After that, we had lots of choices, but only have 3 main ones, and Layton is such a minority, he'll never get in.

At least Harper was an economist before he was a politician, so we did good through this "global recession". Our economy is strong. Our banks are very strong. It was expected that the US economy would destroy ours, and it only strengthened it. Our dollar is up, our exports are up, higher than they thought they would be, because we don't rely on exports to the US anymore. We have strengthened trade with other countries.

Plus, he's the one pushing for the long gun registry to be GONE. Hunters across the country should NOT have to register their rifles, and he's the only one thinking that way too.

We are a commonwealth country and are still owned by the Queen.

well you have heard the rumors haven't you? there are whispers out there stating the reason why Canada seemingly went through the global recession unharmed while the rest of the world fell to their knees is because it is and always has been the protected N.W.O.'s test country....

I've heard that too, the Queen calls Canada her home, as much as she does England. We are rich with resources. Nothing will happen toward the NAU that the Queen herself hasn't already planned. Maybe the USA will be our 11th province, or our 4th territory. The new royal couple is even spending their honeymoon travelling around Canada.

He is dictator like, but at least the opposition can stifle that somewhat, and his "tough on crime" stance goes overboard. I don't like that about him. No matter who we get in though, absolute power corrupts absolutely. That's why up here, we don't vote to get a person in, we vote to get a person out.

But, it could be worse, at least we don't have anything like the mess that they call the USA government. I thought Obama would be much better than he really is. He's been a huge disappointment. The US government has been making Harper look better and better, I never thought I would EVER say that. :shk:
A Harper government is still better than an Obama government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join