It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus kill?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is a loose translation of The Gospel of Thomas... this is not the full version, only a few passages to make my point...

one of the many books left out of the "final" edition of what we call the bible today... its an interesting concept to consider. What if jesus did kill? Does that make him less then what people claim? Does your diety have the right to kill because hes Gods only son...?

I'd like people to open their eyes to the reality of the bible... altered many times, important information left out for various reasons... 80+ gospels actually.......

Can you really know all there is to know about those times from the 27 gospels we have?

1 I, Thomas the Israelite, am reporting to you, all my non-Jewish brothers and sisters, to make known the extraordinary childhood deeds of our Lord Jesus Christ - what he did after his birth in my region. This is how it all started:

2 When this boy, Jesus, was five years old, he was playing at the ford of a rushing stream. (2) He was collecting the flowing water into ponds and made the water instantly pure. He did this with a single command. (3) He then made soft clay and shaped it into twelve sparrows. He did this on the sabbath day, and many other boys were playing with him.
(4)But when a Jew saw what Jesus was doing while playing on the sabbath day, he immediately went off and told Joseph, Jesus' father: "See here, your boy is at the ford and has taken mud and fashioned twelve birds with it, and so has violated the sabbath."
(5)So Joseph went there, and as soon as he spotted him he shouted, "Why are you doing what's not permitted on the sabbath?"
(6)But Jesus simply clapped his hands and shouted to the sparrows: "Be off, fly away, and remembe' me, you who are now alive!" And the sparrows took off and flew away noisily.
(7)The Jews watched with amazement, then left the scene to report to their leaders what they had seen Jesus doing.

3 The son of Annas the scholar, standing there with Jesus, took a willow branch and drained the water Jesus had collected. (2)Jesus, however, saw what had happened and became angry, saying to him, "Damn you, you irreverent fool! What harm did the ponds of water do to you? From this moment you, too, will dry up like a tree, and you'll never produce leaves or root or bear fruit."
(3) In an instant the boy had completely withered away. Then Jesus departed and left for the house of Joseph. (4)The parents of the boy who had withered away picked him up and were carrying him out, sad because he was so young. And they came to Joseph and accused him: "It's your fault - your boy did this."

4 Later he was going through the village again when a boy ran and bumped him on the shoulder. Jesus got angry and said to him, "You won't continue your journey." (2)And all of a sudden, he fell down and died.
(3)Some people saw what had happened and said, "Where has this boy come from? Everything he says happens instantly!"
(4)The parents of the dead boy came to Joseph and blamed him saying, "Because you have such a boy, you can't live with us in the village, or else teach him to bless and not curse. He's killing our children!"

-----------------------------------------------------

A very intersting read woudn't you say....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think in the Original Bible there is a Story in the Book of Thomas That jesu (Jesus) Possibly pushed another boy of a Roof, However Noone was around at the Time to witness this But the Boy did die

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
yeah I've heard something about Jesus killing a boy too, can't remember where but its definitely something I've always thought...

link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
I think in the Original Bible there is a Story in the Book of Thomas That jesu (Jesus) Possibly pushed another boy of a Roof, However Noone was around at the Time to witness this But the Boy did die

sorry, but i couldn't resist.

i don't get the

you're saying its good that jesus killed him?

link   
reply to post by Akragon

Nah.

DO some research.

The Gospel of Thomas contradicts both the New Testament and the Old Testament (including the Torah).

Link

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I can't help but imagine Stewie Griffin from Family Guy playing the part of Jesus in that story!
Thank you for the that

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Ermm No it was Just a Thumbs up because i was adding something, Not every action is twisted

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Let's just say that even if these stories were true. How many are actually gonna believe it. I mean that dogma has never liked being told they are wrong. They will kill you for doing so even if it's not a physical death they will make sure you suffer a social death or even an emotional one.

They have always been an occult of hatred and corruption. All one has to do is look through out history. Their hands are stained with the lives of the innocent.

And this is the cause when a bloodlusting dogma is always searching for an anti-christ. To them anyone who disagrees is the anti-christ. There go lots of blood shed.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this my friend. The Gospel of Thomas was not included in Canon because it appears to contradict the other gospels. Watch how similar they really are.

Originally posted by Akragon
1 I, Thomas the Israelite, am reporting to you, all my non-Jewish brothers and sisters, to make known the extraordinary childhood deeds of our Lord Jesus Christ - what he did after his birth in my region. This is how it all started:

This is Thomas' account of the life work of Jesus Christ. Many of his followers said he had the mind of a child and Christ himself stated that the mind of a child is closest to God. The following isn't Christ in his youth. It is Christ in the youth of his ministry.

2 When this boy, Jesus, was five years old, he was playing at the ford of a rushing stream.

What two streams did Christ play in? Judaism and the Roman Empire.

(2) He was collecting the flowing water into ponds and made the water instantly pure.

This is what he was doing to the souls of the people who came to hear him.

He did this with a single command.

Love one another.

(3) He then made soft clay and shaped it into twelve sparrows. He did this on the sabbath day, and many other boys were playing with him.
(4)But when a Jew saw what Jesus was doing while playing on the sabbath day, he immediately went off and told Joseph, Jesus' father: "See here, your boy is at the ford and has taken mud and fashioned twelve birds with it, and so has violated the sabbath."
(5)So Joseph went there, and as soon as he spotted him he shouted, "Why are you doing what's not permitted on the sabbath?"
(6)But Jesus simply clapped his hands and shouted to the sparrows: "Be off, fly away, and remembe' me, you who are now alive!" And the sparrows took off and flew away noisily.
(7)The Jews watched with amazement, then left the scene to report to their leaders what they had seen Jesus doing.

Christ gave his Sermons on the Sabbath day, and his followers would gather round like clay figures, dead to the world. When the authorities confronted Christ, he sent them away with life.

3 The son of Annas the scholar, standing there with Jesus, took a willow branch and drained the water Jesus had collected. (2)Jesus, however, saw what had happened and became angry, saying to him, "Damn you, you irreverent fool! What harm did the ponds of water do to you? From this moment you, too, will dry up like a tree, and you'll never produce leaves or root or bear fruit."
(3) In an instant the boy had completely withered away. Then Jesus departed and left for the house of Joseph. (4)The parents of the boy who had withered away picked him up and were carrying him out, sad because he was so young. And they came to Joseph and accused him: "It's your fault - your boy did this."

This is the fall of the Judaic laws and Judaic Priesthood.

4 Later he was going through the village again when a boy ran and bumped him on the shoulder. Jesus got angry and said to him, "You won't continue your journey." (2)And all of a sudden, he fell down and died.

This is the fall of Caesar, Rome.

(3)Some people saw what had happened and said, "Where has this boy come from? Everything he says happens instantly!"
(4)The parents of the dead boy came to Joseph and blamed him saying, "Because you have such a boy, you can't live with us in the village, or else teach him to bless and not curse. He's killing our children!"

And thus Christians were driven out of the Roman Empire.

At least that is how I interpret it, and though Thomas has a creative way of concealing his truth, the parable of Christ's life is still told the same. Notice Thomas is presenting this tale to Gentiles as a Jew. He would need to be very delicate with introducing Jesus to these Men. If he came right out and said this is the story of the Lord and Savior who threw down Rome, well he could be killed or worse. So, make it about a kid with magical powers.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 3-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes, I agree, its metaphor. Just about everything in the bible IS metaphor and it depends what eye you see with, light or dark, the state of your soul.

I want to add that interpretation would not have occurred, but having read it, it fits perfectly. The other passages in Thomas also need deep thinking I noticed already, for they don't mean what they appear on the surface either.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Yes, I agree, its metaphor. Just about everything in the bible IS metaphor and it depends what eye you see with, light or dark, the state of your soul.

So if the word of god is metaphorical how can we be sure we are following the right path? There must be some truth to the stories that can be taken word for word. If not then what is the difference in reading the bible and reading the great words of homer?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Akragon

Nah.

DO some research.

The Gospel of Thomas contradicts both the New Testament and the Old Testament (including the Torah).

Link

I've done my research for many years bro, this was a post to start a discussion.

Ever think they were left out because of the contradictions....?

Btw...DO some research is one of the weakest arguements you can offer.....use your own head and not other peoples ideas...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

But Jesus brought him back to life and said tell them i did not kill you and the boy said no (think he said he fell). From what i remember that is.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Alright, this is true with all the scriptures, every religion. Its not in plain sight, yet the hearts of non-abused, happy pure children know the way, and then we let, religious leaders, parents, teachers and adults compromise our Light.

What is Love? Kindness, Forgiveness, Giving, Lending an ear or a helping hand, waking a mile in someone's shoes, going the extra mile, not retaliating or taking vengeance, putting people before all things, such as money, goods, political ideologies. Feeding the children of the world. Freedom. Not controlling another. Being a big sibling with patience and love, and gentle regard. Taking punches but not returning them.

These things are universal. Yet every religion is written with so many distortions, so many dark squares, so much retribution, wars, judgments, and punishments. Why is that?

Who's controlling the world.

When you see with eyes of Light, you can take any book, any scripture, any religion/philosophy/fiction or nonfiction and see if there is light to be found.

The way to progress is to Love more than you think in a way that is more Loving than taugth in the scriptures, yet Jesus,even in his adulterated and distorted gospels, still has enough of a message within it, to find the way to progression, to graduation.

Its about guarding our Light and knowing really is Love and what isn't. And doing what he actually said in Mathhew, in the parable of the sower.

That is to seek and ask for our sight to be healed so we can truly see, with eyes of Light & Love.

The Gospels are all about Love, and Service To Others, also going within and finding the precious pearls, ignoring all the distractions of the world, the weeds, the worries, the fame, the fortune, the promotions, the good house, the good job, the signs of success don't count at all. Nothing in this world counts, its a hologram and illusion. Just Love and seeking, in prayer and meditation to not Let Family above, or family below down, and seeking for the way, and for our sight to be healed and what to do each day, and to forgive everyone.

This life is about, Growing Up, becoming the Family, becoming adults, becoming!!!

Anyone who is harming us, is but a younger sibling, send them Love.

The Gospel of Thomas is the more mysterious one, yet its metaphor, and doesnt mean quite what is said. I can get into some of what it does mean, its really interesting.

If you put that Gospel, which shows the way of the one maturing, gaining more awareness and unlocking more gifts to serve, it actually goes hand and hand with the Gospels.

That and probably Mary was his soul mate, and she awakened to this knowledge when his ministry began, seems to me likely.

I see him as his Higher Self, a Higher Up/Family, who came here to assist.

Another metaphor is Jesus himself. Because one doesnt' have to believe in a physical man, to see the message and feel it. Though I do believe he walked the earth. He actually represents the Spirit of Peace and Love.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000
So if the word of god is metaphorical how can we be sure we are following the right path? There must be some truth to the stories that can be taken word for word. If not then what is the difference in reading the bible and reading the great words of homer?

There are two ways you can learn from scripture my friend. One, you read them. When you read them you are seeing the story from an observers point of view. Thus, you get merely an outsiders perspective. The other way is you put yourself into the role of the Character. You walk with them down their own road of morality. Then you get to see the harsh reality of their choices.

Lets take Lot for example. He bailed on his own family and friends simply because something told him he was better than them. He was so cold hearted to those he loved, he could not even look back for he was better than them and chosen to be spared. How cold and lonely a heart is to be so deceived. Lot walked away from his own people and never looked back. He did not eye witness a destruction, all we have is his imagined testimony. If he looked back, he would have met the fate of his wife.

Now his wife loved her people. As they were making their escape, her heart was torn out for her people. She turned back to die with them. In doing so, she found survivors and lead them away to found new cultures. She proved her love for her people and was greatly rewarded. She became a pillar of salt. What is a pillar of salt to a nomadic people? A Vital nutrient. Life depends on it. Much like Christ. The feminine Christ.

You won't read that in the Bible, because it is from the Masculine point of view. It is the Book Of Man.

Just putting that out there as an example.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The Gospel of Thomas is a mid-second Century forgery that was written by an anonymous Christian Gnostic, taking authentic quotations of Jesus (interestingly, likely more accurate versions of sayings in the Christian New Testament) and mixing them with things that he clearly did not say.

Although there is a widespread belief that the "Thomas" of note is the Apostle ("Doubting Thomas",) the document itself says that this is not the case:

These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded.

"Didymos" is Greek for "twin", and "Thomas" is Aramaic for "twin". The text is supposed to have been written by Judas (or Jude), the twin brother of Jesus. What twin brother, you ask? Indeed. The Gnostics believed that Christ had a twin -- that Jesus was divine, but that Judas was not.

The dating of the manuscript as being, at least in part, over 100 years after the death of Christ, is the relative maturity of the Gnostic Christian beliefs that are described in the sayings. A number of passages indicate the influence of mid-2nd century Gnostic theologians such as Valentinus.

Thus, the problem of accepting anything not otherwise in congruence -- if something appears in Thomas that is not in the New Testament, is it authentic, or is it a fabrication, like the Gnostic sayings?
edit on 3-3-2011 by adjensen because: clarification

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
But Jesus brought him back to life and said tell them i did not kill you and the boy said no (think he said he fell). From what i remember that is.

Correct!

And what does that tell you my friend? If the child who was killed was the Roman Empire, and Christ killed it. After his death, the Roman Empire, Caesar was destroyed. Who brought it back to life? Christ did! They adopted/usurped his teachings and their Empire took over the world.

Now do we EVER talk about the death of the Roman Empire? No, we do not. It is right there in front of your face. You speak it, you see it, you hear it but you do not understand. It is the FALL of the Roman Empire. No one has ever said the death of the Roman Empire because it only fell. It got right back up in the form of the Catholic Church.

I'm just sayin...

With Love,

Your Brother

P.S. If you are Catholic, you may want to ask the Pope to admit that Christ did not kill the Roman Empire, that he did indeed raise you from the dead. This was to prove to you that he is King. He can destroy you or give you life. What he gave to you he now expects you to give to the people.
edit on 3-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'd like to say that yes I believe in god. But I don't believe in worshipping Jesus. Number one the commandments themself say no one shall follow no one but god. Number two Jesus himself said not to worship him he was the son of man.

While I do not consider myself a christian. I do believe Jesus walked this earth. But my perception on him and everything else in the bible is alot different then most. And here's why.

When we look at the life of Jesus he learned alot from David if I remember right. And it doesn't stop there he also learned alot in his travels namely the east. There he learned meditation spirituality and consciousness.

I believe that the legends of him walking on water. And when he asked not to be touched. He was astral projecting or had a high electrical current flowing within him. This is only done through meditation and taking mana also known as ormus.

Jesus preached the very things I believe in and try to preach to my fellow brothers and sisters. But I do not worship him or the god in the bible. To me we are ALL gods. Why? Because we all came from the one creator there for we are as much god as god is us. What we are is individual pieces of god experiencing the duality of Individualism because it is an illusion. We are all one we are all god.

With that said I also see the garden of eden in a different light aswell. The serpent said "ye shall be as gods" Well I believe the tree of life are your chakras. Adam and Eve meditated opened there chakras discovered consciousness and gained a different perception on good and evil then had prior. This ENLIGHTENED them.

Now this is why the bible is messed up in my opinion one god in the bible says he's forgiving and loving.
The other god in the bible can't stand mankind and wants him destroyed. You may say no that's satan. Well the bible says god on both accounts. I believe we are dealing with many gods here.

How can an all loving god. Hate it when mankind becomes more intelligent. How can an all loving god hate it when mankind becomes ONE and works together (the tower of babel story).

He can't. The god in the bible is messing with us and keeping us from connecting to the real god. Consciousness are we not all apart of the universe as the universe is us? If it wasnt for supernovae we wouldnt be here. Or anything else for that matter. And when we really look into things we begin to see that.

There is a spiritual realm. We have a soul. It is all an experience. Your soul(spirit) wants to experience existence and existence to a spiritual being would be being physical. Existing to a physical being would be being spiritual hence why most of the world believes in souls.

It's a yin/yang. When you birth here you die in the spiritual, And when you die here you are born into the spiritual.

We are eternal. Energy cannot be created or destroyed it is always constant. Whether you can see it or not. And even Jesus himself knew all this.

That is why he said he would be back. Because he knew that we are all incarnate.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

No im not Catholic and don't get me started on the Catholic Church. As a Christian it pains me to see how many people follow the Catholic Church or kiss the popes dirty hand

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Many have left organized church, though the Spirit of Love and Peace is still what we need to seek, for this is the test, the reason for this school, to grow our Love and progress.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join