It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know Who Anonymous Is

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
Is 4chan anonymous? Yes.

rules 1 and 2 bro.
second line

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I got a notification from an online group I frequent teling me someone from New york tried hacking in to my account. I was happy they also supplied me with the users IP address. It's a good thing I'm not Vengeful. I was locked out of my account for half a day.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by dalan.

Are we here at ATS anonymous? Yes.

I'm not, check my sig.

Why are you? What do you have to hide?

Whatever I want to hide, its not like I need your permission.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
reply to post by dalan.

It's not that cut and dry. Anonymous use to be synonymous with 4chan but not anymore.

It is that cut and dry.

THIS is the definition of anonymous:

anonymous
Popularity

anon·y·mous
adj ə-ˈnä-nə-məs
Definition of ANONYMOUS
: of unknown authorship or origin
: not named or identified
: lacking individuality, distinction, or recognizability

If you meet this criteria you are acting anonymously. Hence why anonymous is LEGION. Everyone has gotten to the point that every time they hear the word anonymous they associate it with some anonymous group on the internet.

Which they happen to be anonymous on as well.

I could very well begin making anonymous youtube videos attacking liberty and deomcracy and supporting TPTB, and just as long as nobody knows who posted the video, by the above definition I would be anonymous.

Anonymous is not a thing, its a state of being.

edit on 3/3/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/3/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Bravo Sir, bravo

Best description I have heard yet.

Originally posted by MrAndy
Since some people have no idea what you are talking about. You are talking about Anonymous the group of activists, not being anonymous.

I actually don't feel correct going so far as to label it a group. It's not a group or any kind of organization. It's just an idea. You can use the anonymous tag to further an agenda that you conceive or want to participate in. I've seen the term invoked to fight for human rights while I've also seen it used to bully people on the internet, but those two very different situations can have nothing to do with each other, not even the same participants, but can call themselves "Anonymous" because it's just an idea and there is no real leadership to stop anyone from using the term. I guess the best way I could define it is that it's the idea that you as an individual have a right to participate in the world and make a difference. There is no global Anonymous agenda, there are just people with their own agendas. Because of this, you can't judge Anonymous as a whole, because it's not necessarily the same people organizing and participating in each activity.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that if we consider the illegal actions and subsequent media-exposure of the internet group "Anonymous", that the actions and media-exposure could be staged or controlled events, driven by the powers that be to wage a war against anonymity?
edit on 3-3-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I actually don't feel correct going so far as to label it a group. It's not a group or any kind of organization. It's just an idea. You can use the anonymous tag to further an agenda that you conceive or want to participate in. I've seen the term invoked to fight for human rights while I've also seen it used to bully people on the internet, but those two very different situations can have nothing to do with each other, not even the same participants, but can call themselves "Anonymous" because it's just an idea and there is no real leadership to stop anyone from using the term. I guess the best way I could define it is that it's the idea that you as an individual have a right to participate in the world and make a difference. There is no global Anonymous agenda, there are just people with their own agendas. Because of this, you can't judge Anonymous as a whole, because it's not necessarily the same people organizing and participating in each activity.

That is exactly what I was getting at, and this is by far the best post in this thread. Thank you.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If you have not watched that video yet.

Found here: Source.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join